Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Martin

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Martin spent two days on trial at Everton this week and has been told they will try and sign him. However Everton have other priorities to secure and financially a deal may not be possible at the moment. While it's possible a deal could happen in January Martins agent is trying to agree a deal for the summer transfer window.

Apparently we do not want to sell Martin but the funds would have allowed us to bring in a striker we have targeted.

In his 10 games played at Kingstonian they are unbeaten. Other premiership clubs are also rumoured to be taking a look. Looks like we have a real prospect.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
From what I have seen he is an excellent prospect. Really hope we keep hold of him.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
No idea of fee but a guess would be a maximum 250k up front raising to a potential 1 million + depending on progress.

Anyone seen much of Sullivan, how does he compare?

Both are rated as great prospects by the club and one may have to be sold.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Personally I think Martin is the better keeper. Looks to have real quality about him. However if Sullivan improves his handling he could be a very good for us.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dougal said:
100k with sell ons

Try at least 5 times that.Sell him now and strengthen the squad.We need good players right now

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Is it just me that thinks that if he's that good we should keep him as long as possible?

I'm all for cashing in if the offer is too good to refuse, but would like to think that we could bring through and establish all of our best prospects without having to sell them out.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Barnet Seagull said:
Is it just me that thinks that if he's that good we should keep him as long as possible?

I'm all for cashing in if the offer is too good to refuse, but would like to think that we could bring through and establish all of our best prospects without having to sell them out.

But we have 2 very good keepers on our books and Sullivan who is playing for England kids, so we can afford to cash in and try and prevent us getting relegated!!!!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
If we sell him now we will probably get about 500k at the very most, if he has a season in the first team and does well we could be looking at 2m.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Albion Dan said:
But we have 2 very good keepers on our books and Sullivan who is playing for England kids, so we can afford to cash in and try and prevent us getting relegated!!!!

Agree

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:

If Martin stays, do you look to offload Kuipers at the end of the season and go into next season with Henderson, Martin and Sullivan. Then with the youngsters, loan one out and let the other play in the reserves.

Aside from the usual distribution arguments with Kuipers, it is a worry that he has not managed a full season without a bad injury for a while now and he could be a very expensive bench warmer.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Les Biehn said:
If we sell him now we will probably get about 500k at the very most, if he has a season in the first team and does well we could be looking at 2m.

What would happen to Henderson and Kuipers though?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Buck said:
If Martin stays, do you look to offload Kuipers at the end of the season and go into next season with Henderson, Martin and Sullivan. Then with the youngsters, loan one out and let the other play in the reserves.

Aside from the usual distribution arguments with Kuipers, it is a worry that he has not managed a full season without a bad injury for a while now and he could be a very expensive bench warmer.

That would be a good option. I think Kuipers will still do a job for us, but I would prefer to keep both of the youngsters.

Is our need for a striker greater than our desire to keep another hot young prospect at the club?....Tricky one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here