Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Martin

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
BarrelofFun said:

Is our need for a striker greater than our desire to keep another hot young prospect at the club?....Tricky one.

I think 1 experienced keeper (kuipers), one definite hot prospect (Henderson) and 1 potential great keeper (sullivan or Martin) is enough, we need a striker!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
If Martin stays, do you look to offload Kuipers at the end of the season and go into next season with Henderson, Martin and Sullivan. Then with the youngsters, loan one out and let the other play in the reserves.

Aside from the usual distribution arguments with Kuipers, it is a worry that he has not managed a full season without a bad injury for a while now and he could be a very expensive bench warmer.

This is getting stupid... stop trying to suggest we should ship the FDM out... he is a legend who has served the club well over many seasons... he WILL quite rightly play at Sheff U on Sat... I expect Henderson to take his place at some point, given Kuiper's age, but would prefer to have the latter on the bench than either one of our inexperienced and promising youngsters... he is still reasonable young for a keeper anyway...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
That would be a good option. I think Kuipers will still do a job for us, but I would prefer to keep both of the youngsters.

Is our need for a striker greater than our desire to keep another hot young prospect at the club?....Tricky one.

Sorry... our need for a striker is CLEARLY greater than our need to keep both of the youngsters...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
End of next season.

Great!... maybe that will shut UB up...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
B.W. said:
This is getting stupid... stop trying to suggest we should ship the FDM out... he is a legend who has served the club well over many seasons... he WILL quite rightly play at Sheff U on Sat... I expect Henderson to take his place at some point, given Kuiper's age, but would prefer to have the latter on the bench than either one of our inexperienced and promising youngsters... he is still reasonable young for a keeper anyway...

Kuipers still fairly young as keepers go

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
But better then Henderson in every other department

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
B.W. said:

He is a loyal servant for his part played in those 2 championship winning seasons.

However is recent injury record (when did he last manage a full season?) makes him something of a liability and I suspect an expensive one.

Now if Martin stays, it means if we retain Kuipers, Sullivan will go and he looks a decent prospect (already has representative honours). However I would think within the next few games, Kuipers will be on the bench and he becomes an expensive reserve. I do feel if Martin stays we should be looking to end Kuipers time at the club, but it should be done in a way that is beneficial to him, do not try him drive him out to the first club that comes in for him.

Kuipers with his injury problems is fast becoming part of a past era, that is just how it is.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Uncle Buck said:
He is a loyal servant for his part played in those 2 championship winning seasons.

However is recent injury record (when did he last manage a full season?) makes him something of a liability and I suspect an expensive one.

Now if Martin stays, it means if we retain Kuipers, Sullivan will go and he looks a decent prospect (already has representative honours). However I would think within the next few games, Kuipers will be on the bench and he becomes an expensive reserve. I do feel if Martin stays we should be looking to end Kuipers time at the club, but it should be done in a way that is beneficial to him, do not try him drive him out to the first club that comes in for him.

Kuipers with his injury problems is fast becoming part of a past era, that is just how it is.

More bullshit from your mouth

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So UB?????

How old was Van da sar when Man U bought him?

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
To be fair we need the money and he is not our first choice youth keeper anyway so if we sold him i would understand but i would like him to stay

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So why's it bullshit exactly? Do you think Henderson was brought here to sit on the bench?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This could course a number of people to spontaneously combust, must back mcghee .... what ever he does... kuipers, must lick his arse.... what to do...

BOOM

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Silent Bob said:
So why's it bullshit exactly? Do you think Henderson was brought here to sit on the bench?

Im talking about his age.His not past it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here