Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Martin

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
algie said:
More bullshit from your mouth

Thanks.

So a player with his recent injury record is not a liability?

The chances are he is going to be number 2 and yet as a senior pro he will be a decent money, it is hardly good business sense.

If we let Sullivan go and he fulfills his potential we are going to look more stupid than normal.

The axe might just fall on Kuipers due to the club doing a bit of long term planning.

So rather than just saying something is Bullshit, try and come up with some reasoning, if you can do that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
You back mcghee dont you?

I support the club, and do not always agree with MM... e.g. I still think the Henderson money may have been better allocated to the much-needed striker fund... and have said so repeatedly both b4 and after the Hendo deal was done...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
and injury prone and cant kick for toffee.

Injury prone, yes... let's all hope he stays fit...

He deserves some credit for his improved distribution tho'... definitely not up to Hendo standard in that respect tho'...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
Not really, and it appears the manager agress with me.

Not really... who is he picking for Sat?...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
He is a loyal servant for his part played in those 2 championship winning seasons.

However is recent injury record (when did he last manage a full season?) makes him something of a liability and I suspect an expensive one.

Now if Martin stays, it means if we retain Kuipers, Sullivan will go and he looks a decent prospect (already has representative honours). However I would think within the next few games, Kuipers will be on the bench and he becomes an expensive reserve. I do feel if Martin stays we should be looking to end Kuipers time at the club, but it should be done in a way that is beneficial to him, do not try him drive him out to the first club that comes in for him.

Kuipers with his injury problems is fast becoming part of a past era, that is just how it is.

Last comment a little OTT, IMHO, but...

Fair enough... a bit more balanced there UB... I would hope to have Kuipers around for some time... and the youngsters for that matter... to me, looks far more likely that we will lose one of them (Martin)... and his sale could fund the striker that we need NOW...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
So why's it bullshit exactly? Do you think Henderson was brought here to sit on the bench?

To be honest, no... but, if FDM continues to play well, then he retains the shirt (and that is how it should be, IMHO)...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I agree with UB in this one, theres no place for sentiment in football, not in our financial situation, FDM is probably one of the top 2 or 3 earners in the squad, over the past 3 years has been constantly injured, and should be sold if possible at his convevience, we should start next season with Henderson as No 1 with the young lads as cover.

It makes perfect sense to me.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Let's be clear about the main objective, which is to stay in this division.

McGhee needs to bring new players in, and the consensus seems to be that those players need to have proven pedigree and experience as we already have a lot of youngsters in the first team squad.

Therefore, McGhee needs to wheel and deal. If getting rid of Martin now means we get the striker that keeps us in the division then I'm all for it, even if Martin does turn out to be the new Gordon Banks.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
B.W. said:
Last comment a little OTT, IMHO, but...

Fair enough... a bit more balanced there UB... I would hope to have Kuipers around for some time... and the youngsters for that matter... to me, looks far more likely that we will lose one of them (Martin)... and his sale could fund the striker that we need NOW...

But it exactly what I said to start with when you went off on one.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
This could course a number of people to spontaneously combust, must back mcghee .... what ever he does... kuipers, must lick his arse.... what to do...

BOOM

What are you on about?... you were WRONG about the poison dwarf, and you are WRONG to suggest that Kuipers should be dropped...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Was it Martin and O'Sullivan who played at Worthing pre season. If so I thought O'Sullivan looked the better keeper.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Why do people think Kuipers is a top earner?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
B.W. said:
What are you on about?... you were WRONG about the poison dwarf, and you are WRONG to suggest that Kuipers should be dropped...

Not really as time will show you Mcghee does not rate Kuipers.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Thanks.

So a player with his recent injury record is not a liability?

The chances are he is going to be number 2 and yet as a senior pro he will be a decent money, it is hardly good business sense.

If we let Sullivan go and he fulfills his potential we are going to look more stupid than normal.

The axe might just fall on Kuipers due to the club doing a bit of long term planning.

So rather than just saying something is Bullshit, try and come up with some reasoning, if you can do that.

How about this for some reasoning... we need to have an experienced and good keeper in the 1st team AND on the bench...

We can't play our current games in the future without some sort of 'Back to the future' time machine...

Please stop suggesting that we should offload one of our best players in the present... :)

Thank you...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Marshy said:
I agree with UB in this one, theres no place for sentiment in football, not in our financial situation, FDM is probably one of the top 2 or 3 earners in the squad, over the past 3 years has been constantly injured, and should be sold if possible at his convevience, we should start next season with Henderson as No 1 with the young lads as cover.

It makes perfect sense to me.

Possibly, but who would you rahther have on the bench now...

FDM/Hendo

OR

Flo

OR

One of the kids?

I would stick with the 1st option...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
B.W. said:
How about this for some reasoning... we need to have an experienced and good keeper in the 1st team AND on the bench...

We can't play our current games in the future without some sort of 'Back to the future' time machine...

Please stop suggesting that we should offload one of our best players in the present... :)

Thank you...

How about wages could be better used than paying a keeper that is likely to be at the top of the pay scale to sit on the bench or on the treatment table?

How about if you are good enough you are old enough? Richard Wright played for Ipswich in the Premiership at 17.

How about Martin and Sullivan are far more likely to make the club money in the long term? After all at the moment our best source of income is to nuture players and sell them on ala Crewe. I mean if you can get £1.5m for Virgo, what could we get for a talented keeper, there are not many decent English ones about.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Let's be clear about the main objective, which is to stay in this division.

McGhee needs to bring new players in, and the consensus seems to be that those players need to have proven pedigree and experience as we already have a lot of youngsters in the first team squad.

Therefore, McGhee needs to wheel and deal. If getting rid of Martin now means we get the striker that keeps us in the division then I'm all for it, even if Martin does turn out to be the new Gordon Banks.

Exactly... you speak great sense O Wise One...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here