Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Murray

Votes: 186 91.6%

• Total voters

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I admit that they are two very different players so stupid to compare.

Yes the stats would say that Murray is the better player. But looking at Revell when in between his two injuries where he came back and scored in basically every game including his hat trick against Bournemouth, he was class.

Revell is the type of player that when fit is very good in a league 1 side, admittedly out of his depth at a higher level. I just personally think that if he we had got him fit for a longer period he would prove to be a better player than Murray.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton

Yes the stats would say that Murray is the better player. But looking at Revell when in between his two injuries where he came back and scored in basically every game including his hat trick against Bournemouth, he was class.

Revell is the type of player that when fit is very good in a league 1 side, admittedly out of his depth at a higher level. I just personally think that if he we had got him fit for a longer period he would prove to be a better player than Murray.

I agree we would like Revell's type of player but Murray is a class act in this division and will score headers for fun providing we get good deliveries in.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Hang on, hang on.

"Class"?

He scored 3 against Bournemouth, who were a CIRCUS outfit until 2 games to go.
He scored 1 against Mansfield, LEAGUE 2 OPPONENTS.
He scored 1 at Yeovil, an OPEN GOAL which he scuffed into the corner.

Class, I think not.
As for "if we had got him fit for a longer period" - no point excluding the fact that he's injury prone when judging a player. As someone already pointed out, his middle name might as well have been "Hernia".

Average player, superb trier - but was he in anyway 'quality'? No.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Fair enough. He wasn't amazing but Murray is definately overrated. Last year i thought he was brilliant and was going to be up there for top scorer this year but i just cannot see it now. Without service from quality wingers he struggles to get into games.

I hope he has a great season and helps our promotion push and that i am proved wrong.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
The fact is i don't know why everyone got so angry. There is no such thing as somebody is better than another player, it is purely opinionated. I just prefer to see a player which looks like they are giving there all to the cause.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Fair enough. He wasn't amazing but Murray is definately overrated. Last year i thought he was brilliant and was going to be up there for top scorer this year but i just cannot see it now. Without service from quality wingers he struggles to get into games.

I hope he has a great season and helps our promotion push and that i am proved wrong.

Murray is not overrated. He is underrated by people who don't understand football and think every player needs to run around like a headless chicken. When two of Revell, Savage and Forster played together there was never anyone in the box when crosses went in. Murray makes more sensible runs so is in the box when crosses come in.

Also, what games have you seen this season to change your mind. Ignoring pre season (which does not matter), he setup Forster against Crewe and Barnet and played okay in both. We clearly missed him against Bristol Rovers. What has changed your mind?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I meant towards the end of last season not this year.

I just didn't think he was worth 300 000 but definately fitted in well when he joined.

I don't know why I have made this thread because i have always rated him highly except I was just one that was sad to see Revell go.

So i just didn't agree with the fact that Revell was good business at 150k so ended up slightly negative about Murray.

Sorry and lets hope for a good season:glare:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'm amazed Revell got even 10 votes, clearly a much worse player. He ran around a lot but didn't have much other than that. £150k is a ridiculous amount of money for a player of his standard.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Head says Murray

Heart says Revell

My fault I'm sure, but i want my Albion players to run about a bit like they CARE and are putting themselves out a bit for the cause.

So I voted Revell.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Could the moderators please identify whoever voted for Revell so we never have to read their football opinions again.

Why? People acting like he is useless. Southend obviously saw something in him and only injuries prevented him from starting more games.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Head says Murray

Heart says Revell

My fault I'm sure, but i want my Albion players to run about a bit like they CARE and are putting themselves out a bit for the cause.

So I voted Revell.

Thankyou. Exactly the same.

Murray is probably better but Revell was a player that the fans can appreciate because he gives everything. Just look at his reaction at the Bournemouth game.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Why? People acting like he is useless. Southend obviously saw something in him and only injuries prevented him from starting more games.

He is useless compared to Murray though... Murray will probably score probably double the goals that Revell will this year even though we will probably finish below Southend.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
There is no question, Murray is a goal scorer and is just plain quality and expect him to go on and play at a higher level. Revell nice bloke that he is is a grafter will run around a lot and generally try his heart out but regarding quality only ever going to be one winner

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Ok let's end this now lol

I admit my view is very biased because Alex was my favourite player.

I still think he is underated but yes i agree Murray will bag 10-15 more goals a season.

Jul 5, 2003
Used to love watching Revel's determination and was sorry to see him go but he was not a good foil for his strike partners as he was never closer than about 20 metres from them making it difficult to strike up a partnership.

Murray has a great ability to get caught offside but that is part of his game as he is watching the play build up. The one time he doesn't get caught out we often create a goal scoring opportunity.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I know for a fact that Murray will win the poll as he is still playing for the albion.

I really do not agree that Murray is a better player than Revell so just wanted to see poll result. ..

Alex Revell was/is a decent honest player but anyone who thinks he's a better player than Glenn Murray needs their head examining.

Bowden91

Aug 21, 2008
Always remem that header at Bournemouth at pitch side just makes me prefer Revell and i didnt like Murrays attitude in getting sent off but im not judging ability as much here.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here