Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2012

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Shame. I was there last night and the food was great and the service was pretty good. The only thing that stopped it being a nine out of ten was the wait for a table and the dickhead on the table next to us who was loud, obnoxious and full of bullshit fighting stories.

HOW FUNNY.

That guy was sat opposite ME. I had to put up with that all night. He was a mate of a mate who has just moved to town. f*** I HATED HIM. Dropped him not long after that.

I had the quesadilla last night and it was top.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
HOW FUNNY.

That guy was sat opposite ME. I had to put up with that all night. He was a mate of a mate who has just moved to town. f*** I HATED HIM. Dropped him not long after that.

:lol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Harvester is really nice. They do slightly seasoned chip's at a good price. 10/10

Really ? 10/10 for a crap chain like Harvester ?? Each to their own I guess ! Having worked in a Harvester I would NEVER eat in one.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
HOW FUNNY.

That's BIZARRE! That means you were sitting next to me, for the early part at least - Did you see us quietly shift a table away?!

My lord, what a nob! We were trying not to listen, but he was so loud we had no choice. Some classic quotes "the secret of winning a fight is you have to be a ****" and "I didn't want to fight him but he blocked my exit"

So you didn't really know him. We thought you lot looked an odd foursome!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That's BIZARRE! That means you were sitting next to me, for the early part at least - Did you see us quietly shift a table away?!

My lord, what a nob! We were trying not to listen, but he was so loud we had no choice. Some classic quotes "the secret of winning a fight is you have to be a ****" and "I didn't want to fight him but he blocked my exit"

So you didn't really know him. We thought you lot looked an odd foursome!

Yeah, we are pretty odd anyway.

I did notice that you had moved away a tad. That guy was a proper twat. He would not stop talking himself up to the point where I asked him how much bugle he'd shoved up his nose. God.

Anyway, the meal was really good. Chorizo quesadilla and a couple of red stripes nearly ruined by fighty obnoxious twat (real name Damien but calls himself 'Day') but not quite. Also they very nearly undercharged us by 12 quid but I put them right coz I'm nice. They are having issues with service but I think that's just because the place is extremely popular.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, we are pretty odd anyway.

I did notice that you had moved away a tad. That guy was a proper twat. He would not stop talking himself up to the point where I asked him how much bugle he'd shoved up his nose. God.

Anyway, the meal was really good. Chorizo quesadilla and a couple of red stripes nearly ruined by fighty obnoxious twat (real name Damien but calls himself 'Day') but not quite. Also they very nearly undercharged us by 12 quid but I put them right coz I'm nice. They are having issues with service but I think that's just because the place is extremely popular.

Every time I look at these words my mouth waters.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
From the sublime to the rediculous.
I walked past Prompt Corner today. Is it still trading? Surely it's not.
Great in a way if they are still going, but blimey it was dated 25 years ago and I'd bet it hasn't seen a lick of paint since.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It looks like The Chip Basket on Church Rd has closed. Premises is gutted and a notice for a recruitment day is posted on the door; staff in poster are wearing ChickenAndChips caps and polo shirts. Anyone know anything about this?

After Harry's this is another kick in the culinary teeth for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Went to The House Restaurant last night. V. good. Free main course and starter if its your birthday. Trims a fair old portion of the bill.
Quite a nice touch I thought. Will be going back defo.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
The Bull in Henfield - Top service and fantastic homemade pizzas - Hot and spicy is fantastic. Kid friendly with a great playarea outside
9 out of 10

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Yum Yum Ninja

New pan asian place from the people behind Riddle & Finn. Some absolutely cracking food. Went there last night, and it didn't disappoint. Loads of dim sum style dishes as well as some slightly more extravagant ones. Slow cooked Sussex beef with poached oysters anyone? Banging.

Pricing means you can go for a cheap meal, or go large and eat yourself silly. Wine list starts at £15 a bottle which is cheap as chips.

Will be going again soon for sure.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Update on The Globe - it no longer has the BBQ shack menu in there and has been replaced by Tiger Burgers (and no, they are not made from real tigers). Double burgers with toppings all around £8 including a large basket of chips. Burgers are not bad but a little pricey for what they are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I posted on the 2011 thread by mistake about Pollen Street Social. Was outstanding can highly recommend!

I'm going to this place early November. Looking forward to it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Went to the Gurkha Tandoori (West Worthing) last week. There was plenty of standard Indian fayre on offer, but we went with the Nepalese dishes. Lamb momo was delicious with a sauce that packed a punch and lamb and pork main course dishes were also well presented, tender and spicy. Big shame we were the only ones in there, the locals are really missing out here.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Bull in Henfield - Top service and fantastic homemade pizzas - Hot and spicy is fantastic. Kid friendly with a great playarea outside
9 out of 10

Been there twice in the last year. Great outdoor play area for the kids when sunny.

Food:
First time 1/10 - congealed oven chips.
Second time 7/10 - Much improved but not top pub cuisine and smallish quantities.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
9 out of 10

Been going to that place for about 20 years and had excellent food.

Then a year or two ago, my meal was fine but my wife's wasn't and she had to complain four times about it (it is unusual for her to complain once).

Anyhow there was a woman behind the bar that has been there for years and definitely recognised us as long serving patrons so you would have thought something would have been said to us but the owners who were at the bar didn't say a word and just gave us a withering look as we left.

Never to darken their door again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here