Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recession CONTINUES

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
US, if being self employed is so bad, why did you take it?

Although the unemployment figures are bad and for every person that is on the dole, then its a nightmare, but actually I'm amazed that despite the length of this recession unemployment hasn't gone through the roof.

I know its nearing 3m, but if you compare the recession with the 1980/90's when there were less people of working age in the country and they had 3m plus unemployed, I would have thought in a deeper recession that we have now then we would have at least 4m already.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I can't believe what I've just been reading! I'm employed and I'm NOT better off, in fact I'm LUCKY to still have a job, despite a 30% pay cut (since February) and working 3 months of the summer for 2 months pay!

I don't see my bills going down (if anything it's the opposite) and it really pisses me off hearing about the Unions striking because they don't agree with the latest pay increases!

I thought long and hard about renewing my Albion Season Ticket & the only thing that swung it for me was being able to pay it in 5 installments rather than three.

I attended a Company Board Meeting this week (although I'm not a Director) and things would appear to be getting worse - I may be lucky if I get paid ANYTHING in December.

So, yeah, I guess I have got it nice & cosy.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Let's all have a big round of applause for Brown and Darling! The only two idiots who have managed to mortgage a western nation for our grandchildren and stiil keep it in recession! Go now you clowns!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll add fuel to the fire as I have just had my pay rise which was deferred for 6 months and it was pretty good

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My union settled for a MEASLY 0.5% pay rise. I can't bloody believe it.

No disrespect Max mate but this is what I mean. Self employed people have had a pay cut off 25-75% generally in the last 2 years. The self employed and employed laid off have been the casaulties bearing the brunt. Those employed good luck to you. No offense meant or intended I was just stating pretty basic facts and certain people went off the deep end. Have a good weekend.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No disrespect Max mate but this is what I mean. Self employed people have had a pay cut off 25-75% generally in the last 2 years. The self employed and employed laid off have been the casaulties bearing the brunt. Those employed good luck to you. No offense meant or intended I was just stating pretty basic facts and certain people went off the deep end. Have a good weekend.

The problem is the way you do state facts are more along the line of I diss you as you are employed as opposed to me who is self-employed wallowing in pity.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

I was fishing.

Have a good one yourself.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The problem is the way you do state facts are more along the line of I diss you as you are employed as opposed to me who is self-employed wallowing in pity.

If thats the way you want to take it. I was commenting on the self employed which is around 8 000 000 people bearing the brunt. I did refer to me or my profession at all. Still I suppose I am the Nick Griffin of NSC nowadays. Enjoy.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

No you weren't.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If thats the way you want to take it. I was commenting on the self employed which is around 8 000 000 people bearing the brunt. I did not refer to me or my profession at all. Still I suppose I am the Nick Griffin of NSC nowadays. Enjoy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If thats the way you want to take it. I was commenting on the self employed which is around 8 000 000 people bearing the brunt. I did refer to me or my profession at all. Still I suppose I am the Nick Griffin of NSC nowadays. Enjoy.

Acting like that...........yes you are as you castigate then try and deny it

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here