Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Reasonble punishment for anyone playing or singing a long with "Freed from Desire"?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I miss Atilla playing the 100mph ska version of GOSBTS after a win. Was like the end of a looney tunes cartoon.
It (the song, not Attila) does have a certain "manic phase of a bipolar person"-vibe to it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t mind it, my only issue is let the natural atmosphere die out first . Marseille was great after the final whistle and then sadly they drowned us out with FFD.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What is she gonna look like with a chimney on her? Well? ???

Sorry, what's your point here? I love that lyric.

temp.jpg

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
FFD doesn't bother me terribly although it is clear that most people have absolutely no idea of the lyrics, which can make watching their attempts to "sing along" quite amusing. Must admit they aren't the clearest, particularly over the Amex speakers (although I've not been back yet to hear the new sound system which apparently is much clearer and louder).

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Maybe if you came to a game at the Amex and saw us win you might change your mind, watching the 20,000 left in the stadium at the final whistle singing along.
If anyone witnessed the post match scenes after we beat Potters Chelski after he left, they would say that FFD is the perfect platform for joyous expressions of emotion.... though I don't want it religiously after regulation league wins.... just big moments.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nothing :shrug:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
:ohmy:

Sounds like a forgotten chapter from "Brave New World".
Ha,.... I do see that you are a fan of Huxley's imagination.... but viewing your YouTube effort, it appears you may have taken him seriously when it comes to conformity by consuming "drugs and sex" as provided by your government.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They were playing it in the Stade de France in Paris at the Olympics too, bit sick of it TBH

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Street cleaning in Portslade for 2 hours every Sunday and Wednesday afternoon for 6 months (equipment provided).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
FFD doesn't bother me terribly although it is clear that most people have absolutely no idea of the lyrics, which can make watching their attempts to "sing along" quite amusing. Must admit they aren't the clearest, particularly over the Amex speakers (although I've not been back yet to hear the new sound system which apparently is much clearer and louder).

I'm not sure what you mean. Everyone knows the lyrics.

"My love has got no money. He's got his trumbolines"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here