Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Reasonble punishment for anyone playing or singing a long with "Freed from Desire"?

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I always want to be sniffy about it, but then when we win and you see the kids pogoing to it in the stadium at the end with unbridled joy on their faces it's impossible not to get into it in the moment.

I've got much bigger problems with the generic dirge they play at the start - sweet caroline and hey jude and all that. It's like every premier league team have bought the joint rights to Costa Del Sol Nightz Karaoke CD from the 90s.
If the pre-match sounds against Villarreal were anything to go by then expect a pleasant surprise. The P.A. is much clearer, crisper and more bass-y. The content - some Fat Boy Slim, High Flying Birds, The Cult, Franz Ferdinand and so on. Groovy baby! :thumbsup:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I don't think the human species deserve happiness if Freed From Desire is the ultimate numero uno source for joy.

The source is winning the game. FFD is closer to some kind of side effect. (I'll leave the definition of a side effect to the individual experience)

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
What people want to do after their team win is to join in with a good old knees up in order to celebrate. This requires songs that have a suitable rhythm, is commonly recognised and many know the chorus of.

I resent that some prick in a DJ booth decides which songs these are, I would much rather it happened organically. But at the Amex that would just be a couple of bars of "Albion" and then we would all shuffle off home.

We have lost the art of crowd singing due to stadium sound systems imposing their will on us like some North Korean thought police activity.

So, I guess yeah, keep blaring out the same songs and leave us to giggle as our imaginations take another bashing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What people want to do after their team win is to join in with a good old knees up in order to celebrate. This requires songs that have a suitable rhythm, is commonly recognised and many know the chorus of.

I resent that some prick in a DJ booth decides which songs these are, I would much rather it happened organically. But at the Amex that would just be a couple of bars of "Albion" and then we would all shuffle off home.

We have lost the art of crowd singing due to stadium sound systems imposing their will on us like some North Korean thought police activity.

So, I guess yeah, keep blaring out the same songs and leave us to giggle as our imaginations take another bashing.
It's a bit of feelgood singalong :shrug:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Why does it bother you? Serious question; you can mute the TV and play music of your choosing if you prefer.
Serious questions or answers wasn't really the purpose. The FIERCE defending of this played-to-death somewhat catchy 90s song was unintended and unexpected.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Life ban. I hate hate HATE Bloody Sweet Bloody Carobloodyline. And in particular the invented "so good, so good, so good" bollox. ARRGGHH.
Apparently you can blame Steve Sidwell for introducing that to Brighton. He started it in the dressing room after a win.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Ignoring the irony and the fact that they f***ed it up again, Leeds playing I predict a riot with the full house singing along to was quite impressive after the play off semi

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Apparently you can blame Steve Sidwell for introducing that to Brighton. He started it in the dressing room after a win.
I'll never blame Steve Sidwell for anything, he epitomised the culture that developed within the squad at the Albion, he can do no wrong*.

*not sure I'd let him do the thing we all sung about though :D.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'll never blame Steve Sidwell for anything, he epitomised the culture that developed within the squad at the Albion, he can do no wrong*.

*not sure I'd let him do the thing we all sung about though :D.
I wouldn't, and neither of us sung that chant. :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ignoring the irony and the fact that they f***ed it up again, Leeds playing I predict a riot with the full house singing along to was quite impressive after the play off semi
Seeing as the Kaiser Chiefs are their own, the only other one they could sing was Ruby, Ruby, Ruby?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here