Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reason to be fg (f-ing grateful) for DK

It is worthy of notice, in answer to the likes of that tosser fg, the results garnered by money-made chairbasturds who can chuck it about like confetti. Bustling into the league clubs with 'money rules' kinds of influence.
It doesn't buy results, it doesn't pull in the fans either, and mercenary managers won't make a jot of difference.

It is my guess that coppout WOULD have been found out at Brighton quite soon, and is transparently unable to make a fairly decent team great by any means. His fortunate momentum was still based on the team before him, and our future is more stable under McGee - and the hopes for promotion are based on reality.
It's ok that MM had an inauspicious start, with a couple of iffy games and results.
We are not going down the drain, and I say that - not based on one good scoreline against the bottom team (without our top scoring striker) either.
We have a clean slate, Dick Knight has stood by his own actions and professional morals.

Compare this to many clubs around the league, and how they grasp and grab hungrily for their successes....and can fail so easily despite it all. There's a club with a nice shiny stadium that fg drools about, who lose a manager then hire one straight out of the same manner they claimed to have despised. They focussed on and coveted everything our modest yet honest efforts ever attained, jealously eyeing our every move ever since we RULED over them as true CHAMPIONS . Now they wear their tarnishing crown that was made from the mettle (spelled correctly) that was honestly mined but is being poorly forged.

I refer the likes of 'fg' to the difference between an honest yet modest of wealth Dick Knight. If it's 'Tight' then that'll be ok with me- I'll take it over the mad-money-skis any day.
You go support those 'well heeled' lot fg, and I'll stick with supporting the honest hooves hammered out by our honourable blacksmith.

Dick Knight and Mark McGee's Blue and White Army !!

Go on 'football genius', put that quality baccy in yer noisy rubbish-stoked pipe and smoke it.

NMH

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Spot on NMH. Although one word sums up the fact that money-throwing chairmen don't work:

Darlington

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Money means a lot and if you think not then you will see in good time.
Just because some fu-ck up an equal amount don't and there is many ways of looking at it and to think we will get anywhere without money is daft as we need money end of it and dick doesn't have any.:p

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Exactly Berkshire. You need two things:

1. Money
2. To spend it wisely.

Just throwing it around does nothing, as Darlington have shown. You need to invest it for the long term. And is there a better way than a new stadium to replace Withdean? I think not.

berkshire seagull said:
Money means a lot and if you think not then you will see in good time.
Just because some fu-ck up an equal amount don't and there is many ways of looking at it and to think we will get anywhere without money is daft as we need money end of it and dick doesn't have any.:p

We wouldn't even be able to talk about BHA if it wasn't for DK.

In the end mate, you get to take a seat and watch 11 vs 11 in Brighton City, and there was no-one else going to sort that out.
Better get behind it, money isn't all that keeps football going.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
i have been wanting to start a thread on the realtionship between bad ownership and results on the field but i can't be arsed to do the research. however, it seems to me that there is a fairly relevant connection between the two. the obvious example right now are leeds. now, dick knight doesn't pick the team, i am not stupid, but i firmly believe that the fact that dick has provided a stable working environment for our squad of players has contributed in some way to our success over the last few years.

to think that money buys you success is laughable.look how long it took manure to win the league. they were/are the best supported club in the world. what about wolves and getting into the top flight? how long did that take and how much money? cardiff haven't had the year by year promotions they wanted with hamman. how many trophies have newcastle won recently?

slowly but surely, thats the way to go. with dick at the helm we could easily be another charlton (not that i care too much about reaching the premiership). a well run club with an excellent manager, a tidy team and a smart stadium. why will we have an excellent manager? because manager after manager who have left the albion respect dick cos he gave them freedom. once we have our own stadium, all the missing pieces will be in place and the future will look very bright. all because of boring, dull, good management.

i'm prepared to wait

alan partridge said:
i have been wanting to start a thread on the realtionship between bad ownership and results on the field but i can't be arsed to do the research. however, it seems to me that there is a fairly relevant connection between the two. ....................slowly but surely, thats the way to go. with dick at the helm we could easily be another charlton (not that i care too much about reaching the premiership). a well run club with an excellent manager, a tidy team and a smart stadium. why will we have an excellent manager? because manager after manager who have left the albion respect dick cos he gave them freedom. once we have our own stadium, all the missing pieces will be in place and the future will look very bright. all because of boring, dull, good management.

i'm prepared to wait

Nicely put a.p.

There is an essential factor running through this good intent. Though it may be honourable to go through life with honest and good dealings - honesty will not be well represented with weakness or failure. I think we have a chairman who has a grasp of this fact, and he hasn't been letting go of the opportunities to press for Falmer - just as he didn't allow BHAFC to go extinct either.
The bit is between honest teeth, and what is required of us as BHAFC supporters who want football to reside and prosper in our city is simply that we get behind the cause as represented by Dick Knight.
He is doing enough to expect the faith of the fans united, and if the battles are to be won against the odds - then let's not let the chances fade through bickering or in-fighting....or lethargy.
Keeping faith with honest intent is paramount, and pressing for the powers that be to help an essential and well-founded future for our sport, and the facilities associated with it, is the most worthy place for energy.

Bad dealings and dishonesty may occasionally reap fast rewards, but good dealings have deep foundations and a strong framework for the future. The good future of the club and Brighton as a City, is being worked for now. I trust Dick Knight, and our local council, to lead Brighton toward a healthy future, with a sports facility right where it should be - fittingly placed next to the University for the purpose of studies, easily available without grinding the town centre to a standstill, high-profile enough to draw attention as an asset for the city AND our country, and deserving of existence for all ventures (amateur and professional) that will be housed there .

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
DTES said:
Spot on NMH. Although one word sums up the fact that money-throwing chairmen don't work:

Darlington
One thing about the Darlo Chairman is he has not thrown his cash at the team, yes he has built a new stadium but he will not pay over the top wages to his players and this bloke is a very wealthy man one of the richest Chairmans in Britain.
Remember Gabadinni (spelling?) one brilliant season with them almost took them to promotion asked for a lot more cash the following season and Reynolds told him to fcuk off.
DK is the best Chairman we have had since Mike Bamber and I and a vast majority of Stripeys are 100% with him.
And I think McGhee will be in charge when Falmer is built and he will lead the team out on that day.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I fully agree with alan partridge, NMH, and sullyupthewing. I firmily beilve that if Mr. Knight was not at the helm, there would have not been any club to support.

If that was the case, Brentford 97 away would not have happened for me, and I would have still been supporting Dover Athletic. If that was the case brighton would not be the home that it now is, and the place I love.

There are, and in recent history, been loads of badly finaced and managed clubs, and I think four or five may well go out of business before the end of the season. For those choose from Leeds, Port Vale, Wednesday, York City, and I think Wimbledon.

I for one am glad we have the board we have got. I do not beleive this glorious club will ever be in those dire strats again.

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
spot on stop, those whingers, dick knight is a fan, not someone here to make money, long let him regin

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
NMH - methinks I cannot agree more with thee.

We would not have a club to support at all if it had not been for DK.

By the way don't rise to FG's bait. He's on some kind of trip. Pity it's lasted so long !!

Happy New Year !!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

(Back to my carrycot)

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
NMH said:
We wouldn't even be able to talk about BHA if it wasn't for DK.

In the end mate, you get to take a seat and watch 11 vs 11 in Brighton City, and there was no-one else going to sort that out.
Better get behind it, money isn't all that keeps football going.
Please stop saying if it wasn't for knight we would be gone as thats ball full stop.
Knight is no god of mine thats a fact,but i have nothing against him,so although most on here think he is special because he has had shite loads of luck and spent 250k in 6 years.

I can't believe most have this pathetic attitude and small thinking just like knight as we should be moving on and thinking big.

To many people PRESUME to bloody much and its just like me saying that if knight never took over i reckon we would have our new stadium know and money to spend,but obviously most see it as if we died and came back and knights the saviour ha ha.

Lets be honest any tom,dick and harry could have done what knight has done its that simple.

If you wanna worship knight thats your choice,but in my eyes he is not all he is cracked up to be.:smokin: :drink:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
DK saved our club when noone else but us gave two shits.

Noone is perfect, granted, but he still far and away the best man for the job and i wouldn't want anyone else in his position right now.

glosterseagull

Oct 2, 2003
But Tom ...and Harry didnt! Berkshire.

It's easy to say "anyone could do that!" after the fact.

Dick Knight for Chairman!....err for a long time

:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah and sadly we got a chairman with no money and probably the slowest chairman in the world when it comes to doing things.

So much for his word of a new stadium in 2 years and that word was 3 years ago,but thats o.k dick we can wait 9 years for a stadium and you have a great holiday as we don't need a manager on our build up for the 1st division campagn.:jester:

Face it small chairman small thinking:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here