Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reason to be fg (f-ing grateful) for DK

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Spiros said:
Or perhaps he's trying to do the very best for the club and getting it running in a way where it becomes self-financing and we no longer need to hope that Mr BigPockets shows up one day

From bottom of the 3rd in Kent to playing in Div 1 in Brighton via two championships - doesn't quite fit my definition of 'nowhere'

Who exactly is going to come in? Where were they when Dick stepped in? Either answer the questions PROPERLY or change the record

And just what is Dick supposed to have done about the fact that the government called the plans in for a public enquiry? Who got Martin Perry (the man most likely to deliver a good result here based on his previous record) on board in the first place? Berkshire - what you and others like you fail to realise is that we are STILL paying for a very big mistake we made during our best years. We paid lots of big wages to players in order to get/keep our place in Div 1. When we were relegated we ended up in large-scale debt as a result. The directors had to sell their shares to avoid being liable for the debts - Greg Stanley and his mate (some bloke called Archer I believe) snapped them up and nearly wiped the club out permanently. Are you so determined not to learn from mistakes of 20 years ago?
1,There is money men out there and you will find out,so don't act like a pratt exspecting me to name our next chairman as thats impossible considering we have a chairman and my views are based on when we are at falmer and not at withdean.

2,Not whinging about the public enquirey its more to the point that it will take 3 years to build just because we have to wait for the poxy uni's to move to there new location.Yes we have learned from our mistakes and it won't happen again,but this doesn't mean that we have to be scared of having some bloody money does it.

This is why we will never get anywhere as people such as yourself want our club just to stay even with no money and pott around the 2nd division year after year.

Think small you get small and thats why we will get nowhere with your views in which is dicks view aswell i would guess.:angry: :angry: :wave:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
That is the whole point Berks. DK isn't thinking small which is why he went for Falmer in the first place.

If he was thinking small he'd have settled for ground share with Millwall or remaining at Withdean.

Most of our money has had to go to Ecovert and paying the QC for the public inquiry.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
berkshire seagull said:
1,There is money men out there and you will find out,so don't act like a pratt exspecting me to name our next chairman as thats impossible considering we have a chairman and my views are based on when we are at falmer and not at withdean.

2,Not whinging about the public enquirey its more to the point that it will take 3 years to build just because we have to wait for the poxy uni's to move to there new location.Yes we have learned from our mistakes and it won't happen again,but this doesn't mean that we have to be scared of having some bloody money does it.

This is why we will never get anywhere as people such as yourself want our club just to stay even with no money and pott around the 2nd division year after year.

Think small you get small and thats why we will get nowhere with your views in which is dicks view aswell i would guess.:angry: :angry: :wave:
Don't give me all this 'I know the name of someone but if I told you..' bolleaux. If this mythical money man really does exist where has he been in our greatest hours of need so far?

I certainly don't want our club to stay in the 2nd division - but as it goes forward I'd like it to do so without risking it's very existence like it has done before and other clubs are doing now. I agree that you shouldn't think small - but sadly your short-termism is the sort of thing that puts clubs out of business. Your name Ridsdale by any chance?

BTW - Happy Christmas!:smokin:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:

By going to away games only you are contributing nothing at all the income of the club.

Come on Yorkie. Apart from getting dangerously close to 'I'm a better fan than you' territory, that argument about away fans is bobbins. Travelling hundreds of miles to support your team has a value that while it can't be measured in purely money terms to the club's coffers is nevertheless very significant. And especially at the moment, where not everyone can get in to home games and Withdean provides a crap atmosphere and environment ion which to watch football, going away is even more attractive. It's to be encouraged.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
That is the whole point Berks. DK isn't thinking small which is why he went for Falmer in the first place.

If he was thinking small he'd have settled for ground share with Millwall or remaining at Withdean.

Most of our money has had to go to Ecovert and paying the QC for the public inquiry.
In my eyes 22,000 seats isn't big enough as you get the away fans and other seats will be lost due to many other things meaning that leaves roughly about 17,000 seats for us and lets be frank the chances of us getting the green light to exstend is very bleak and if so how long will that take another 9 years mmmm.

I accept we have f-all money and its been thrown at the falmer campagn.
I reckon we would be better off at millwall etc as renting the seats alone is a complete joke.
If we was in london i bet we would average 5k a game which isn't much less than the withdean.

:drink: :drink:

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
berkshire seagull said:
Your missing the point as its the 2 championships that have made things look brighter in a whole.

So what are you saying, it would have been better if we'd not won those championships, so DK would have to step down so some fairy godfather would jump in and pump zillions into the club!!

Get Real!!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Spiros said:
Don't give me all this 'I know the name of someone but if I told you..' bolleaux. If this mythical money man really does exist where has he been in our greatest hours of need so far?

I certainly don't want our club to stay in the 2nd division - but as it goes forward I'd like it to do so without risking it's very existence like it has done before and other clubs are doing now. I agree that you shouldn't think small - but sadly your short-termism is the sort of thing that puts clubs out of business. Your name Ridsdale by any chance?

BTW - Happy Christmas!:smokin:
When falmer arrives you will see a nice big list of wealthy people looking to invest and as i have stated who would invest while at the withdean i ask.

Time will tell:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Brady's Old Lady said:
So what are you saying, it would have been better if we'd not won those championships, so DK would have to step down so some fairy godfather would jump in and pump zillions into the club!!

Get Real!!
Championships or not dick is a hero to most on here,but not all see it that way.

Pump zillions that would be great,but i'll settle for millions;)

The championships have been a bonus,but its off the field as usual that blights our club.:smokin:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tooting Gull said:
Come on Yorkie. Apart from getting dangerously close to 'I'm a better fan than you' territory, that argument about away fans is bobbins. Travelling hundreds of miles to support your team has a value that while it can't be measured in purely money terms to the club's coffers is nevertheless very significant. And especially at the moment, where not everyone can get in to home games and Withdean provides a crap atmosphere and environment ion which to watch football, going away is even more attractive. It's to be encouraged.

Fair comment and I didn't mean it to sound like I am a better fan than you because I cannot say that. For years I was stuck up here and only got to an occasional game at the Goldstone ground when you could pay on the day. I cannot throw stones at glass houses.

My point was directed entirely at Berks accusing DK of not putting his hand in his pocket. Even if you cannot get into Withdean you can support the club in other ways like buying merchandise etc.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
Fair comment and I didn't mean it to sound like I am a better fan than you because I cannot say that. For years I was stuck up here and only got to an occasional game at the Goldstone ground when you could pay on the day. I cannot throw stones at glass houses.

My point was directed entirely at Berks accusing DK of not putting his hand in his pocket. Even if you cannot get into Withdean you can support the club in other ways like buying merchandise etc.
Yeah but i think its time the club gave something to the fans don't you.:drink:

Funny enough i was goner buy a shirt at the start,but dick takes to long and thats 1/4 of the season gone.:lolol: :lolol:

If the club want money that should learn to do things at the right time and make more of an effort in selling merchandise.:smokin:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
berkshire seagull said:
When falmer arrives you will see a nice big list of wealthy people looking to invest and as i have stated who would invest while at the withdean i ask.

Time will tell:drink:

Berkshire - I hope you're right, but I can't see it happening. The answer to your question 'who would invest while at Withdean' is that some have, including Fatboy Slim and the bloke from Adenstar. If they didn't then there would be no club at Falmer for the 'list of wealthy people' to get interested in. This list doesn't happen to contain any of the following names, does it?
Spencer Trethewy
Simon Chamberlain
Irving Scholar
Stephen Purdew
Any former Albion director
Go on, give us a clue - you know you want to!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Now why didn't I think of that Berks?

Of course it is Dicks fault you haven't got a shirt (said with a :) and heavy sarcasm :lolol: )

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very good reply Yorkie, there is no point having a go at DK for not ploughing in millions, we all knew he didn't have that to start with. There may come a time when it would be in the club's best interests to have someone with a bit more cash at the helm, but I am of the belief that for the last few years we've needed exactly what we've had; a co-ordinator with Albion's best interests at heart, bringing together the board, fans, council and potential investors and campaigning effectively for Falmer.

As far as fans go, you do what you can when you can. That will change over time. Personally I get to far fewer games then I would like due to working Saturdays at the moment. The season we went up from Div Three I went to 40 games. I don't feel an obligation to buy merchandise, but will voluntarily if there is good Albion-related stuff on sale that I like. And there is. There are very few games that I could go to and don't. Some years that's been 40+, this year it might be six or seven. And the sooner we get back to a regular pay on the day option, the better for everyone.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Spiros said:
Berkshire - I hope you're right, but I can't see it happening. The answer to your question 'who would invest while at Withdean' is that some have, including Fatboy Slim and the bloke from Adenstar. If they didn't then there would be no club at Falmer for the 'list of wealthy people' to get interested in. This list doesn't happen to contain any of the following names, does it?
Spencer Trethewy
Simon Chamberlain
Irving Scholar
Stephen Purdew
Any former Albion director
Go on, give us a clue - you know you want to!
Only an albion fan would invest while at the withdean thats for sure.

The list doesn't excist at the mo,but once falmer arrives it will excist trust me,but will dick turn them away thats the big question.:smokin:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
Now why didn't I think of that Berks?

Of course it is Dicks fault you haven't got a shirt (said with a :) and heavy sarcasm :lolol: )
Well i like to get my moneys worth and buy at the start,so yeah its dicks thought i don't have a shirt and i should write him a nice letter saying i want my shirt for £30 as we missed the start of the season.:drink: :smokin:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Tooting Gull said:
Very good reply Yorkie, there is no point having a go at DK for not ploughing in millions, we all knew he didn't have that to start with. There may come a time when it would be in the club's best interests to have someone with a bit more cash at the helm, but I am of the belief that for the last few years we've needed exactly what we've had; a co-ordinator with Albion's best interests at heart, bringing together the board, fans, council and potential investors and campaigning effectively for Falmer.

As far as fans go, you do what you can when you can. That will change over time. Personally I get to far fewer games then I would like due to working Saturdays at the moment. The season we went up from Div Three I went to 40 games. I don't feel an obligation to buy merchandise, but will voluntarily if there is good Albion-related stuff on sale that I like. And there is. There are very few games that I could go to and don't. Some years that's been 40+, this year it might be six or seven. And the sooner we get back to a regular pay on the day option, the better for everyone.
Who said millions as all we need is a few hundred grand at this moment.

Not to mention these players could make us a few million:clap2:

If the bloke standing next to me at the Goldstone decided he was going to go all the way, to save BHA from extinction, wrangle it from the scumbags archer bellotti and scrape through the lean years while providing football in Brighton with top managers and attractive competitive games, keeping us in contention for promotions season after season - I wouldn't start asking him to make it quick and be sure he's super-rich and ready to plough every penny in regardless of family and other business concerns, to step aside to allow some fictional (non-existent) character with billions to step up for the sacrifices - I'd tell him how I'd get behind that concept.

Berks

You are an absolute arse on this one.

1 There was NO-ONE apart from the DK consortium that could deal with Arsehole and Baloney. And to cap that DK nearly walked away from the club several times before wrestling control from the Deathly duo.

2 As for giving the fans something.........................................well apart from the two championships, returning to Brighton, getting closer to a new ground than we've ever been, spotting and signing a legend and then selling him for a record fee, ousting Archer and Bellotti, getting a million out of Aston Villa for a player who never played for us, sweet talking some fantastic managers to deal with horrors of Withdean, giving me back a club to be proud of..............
what has Dick Knight ever done for the Albion:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Storer68 said:
Berks

You are an absolute arse on this one.

1 There was NO-ONE apart from the DK consortium that could deal with Arsehole and Baloney. And to cap that DK nearly walked away from the club several times before wrestling control from the Deathly duo.

2 As for giving the fans something.........................................well apart from the two championships, returning to Brighton, getting closer to a new ground than we've ever been, spotting and signing a legend and then selling him for a record fee, ousting Archer and Bellotti, getting a million out of Aston Villa for a player who never played for us, sweet talking some fantastic managers to deal with horrors of Withdean, giving me back a club to be proud of..............
what has Dick Knight ever done for the Albion:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Dam dick nearly walked away grrrrrrrr:angry:

Don't start all that crap where dick has done everything for the club and he is a god thing.

Managers came and soon left as soon as they got that chance elsewhere.He said he was doing everything in his powers to keep em and yet they all trickle off and that sums that up.

Can you tell me why i just don't believe anything knight says as so many times i hear him say things and it never happens.

Yet again its a case of diffrent opions:drink:

Its managers who get the applause for winning things not the chairman or we just aswell have knight as our manager aswell which im sure he would love to do and will save a few quid.
we was due some luck and thankfully adams hit all the right notes and deserves all the credit for both championships end of it.:smokin: :wave:

berkshire seagull said:

Yet again its a case of diffrent opions:drink:

Its managers who get the applause for winning things not the chairman or we just aswell have knight as our manager aswell which im sure he would love to do and will save a few quid.
we was due some luck and thankfully adams hit all the right notes and deserves all the credit for both championships end of it.:smokin: :wave:

Well I see no problem with that - that's how it works mate!

If DK doesn't get 'credit' then I don't know if he's in it for 'your credit' anyway berk ! I certainly won't lose sleep as long as BHAFC exist and keep doing what the club is doing to stay in Brighton and in the league competitively - which is what is going on now.
Call be lazy, lethargic, etc - but I certainly won't look this horse in the mouth and bitch and moan like you do, intimating that there are a plethora of success-hungry potential chairmen out there smashing on DK's door!
Yeah, that's a good one! :lolol:

I too want us to be in the Prem, have an awesome stadium, compete and win, draw huge enthusiastic crowds etc - and I believe the best path is being taken with what resources are available.
What if DK were to keel over tomorrow? Would YOU save BHA and take the bit between the teeth berk ?
That's another good one, innit!? :lolol: :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here