Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reason to be fg (f-ing grateful) for DK

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I don't mean big big thinking like leeds etc,but it seems we think far to small here.:nono:

Or maybe its the chairman that has made most this way??? :blush:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BHAFC Chairman hall of fame = Mike Bamber, Dick Knight end of.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Is that end of spending money??? :lolol: ?

Morning trigg and i see you couldn't be arsed to go today you bad bad boy.
I shall set off very soon:lolol:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
OK berkshire lets do it the QPR way, years of turmoil at the club go into admin come out start to overspend straight away build a team that this season can win promotion for them and now the manager has been told he will have to sell players to pay the clubs debts.
I will settle for the DK way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
berkshire seagull said:
I don't mean big big thinking like leeds etc,but it seems we think far to small here.:nono:

Or maybe its the chairman that has made most this way??? :blush:

I don't think so - we think within our constraints. I call one bad season in 5 pretty big thinking and the new stadium has really been delayed by the Nimbys and red tape more than anything. I'd take 4th in Div 2 and playing in Brighton over 15th in the 3rd and playing in Kent any time.

alright then berkshire, what club represents your ideal way of working? There must be one out of 92 ? Is it Hull ? Reading ?

Rome wasn't built in a day, and DK won't succeed in the long run by shooting his wad right from the word 'go'.

There is work to be done, and there is much that has been done, and pushy moneybag business owners don't get past the planning permissions any quicker.

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bottom line for me is that in relation to our income and recent circumstances, we have acheived more than any other team in the 4 divisions, Man U, and Arsenal included, over the last 5 years. If we can acheive what we have achieved during that time, in those circumstances, what can we acheive with a decent stadium, and income.

If Falmer happens Dick Knight is the man to see it through.

I am so sick and tired of our acheivements of the last 5 years being so undersold!!!!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
NMH said:
alright then berkshire, what club represents your ideal way of working? There must be one out of 92 ? Is it Hull ? Reading ?

Rome wasn't built in a day, and DK won't succeed in the long run by shooting his wad right from the word 'go'.

There is work to be done, and there is much that has been done, and pushy moneybag business owners don't get past the planning permissions any quicker.
Look my son i speak my mind and i feel everything has taken far to long and money is sparce which is a bad thing in my eyes.

Most look at the past and are grateful,but im not and to be honest im sick and tired of us being skint and on the breadline week in and week out.

Respect my opions and be thankful:lolol: :lolol:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Berkshire, I have not got any answers, but then again I have no connections. That primarly is what most of us have not got.

Yes. I will state that I am a fan of DK (and whilst we are at it of MM). But who else is there, and who else was about to help the club in its darkest hour. Please rember I was not here at the time and was only an onlooker. Several clubs since Brighton's darkest days, which stadium permitting are still a heavy rain cloud, have had new boards which have only led their clubs into deeper water.

Would you have what we have got, or pick any number of clubs where it could all go pearshaped in a stoke of a bank managers pen.

berkshire seagull said:
Look my son i speak my mind and i feel everything has taken far to long and money is sparce which is a bad thing in my eyes.

Most look at the past and are grateful,but im not and to be honest im sick and tired of us being skint and on the breadline week in and week out.

Respect my opions and be thankful:lolol: :lolol:

Oh yer, I respect your opinion and am thankful for them indeed - they make people like me look incredibly sensible :clap2: :lolol: :ohmy:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I don't see how there would have been other people to take over if Dick hadn't. Whereas I can see a club like Leeds being attractive because they have a premiership place and a nice big stadium with plenty of fans despite their debts, what about us in those dark days? Bottom of the third and due to play all our games in kent? The only people mad enough to take on a proposition like that would be fans, which Dick is.

And the time? Well its no secret all the hoops the club has had to jump through, of course its taken bloody ages. Not only do we need to get Falmer though, we needed to at least be back playing in Brighton. Withdean is shite, we all know that, at least we play in our home though. So whilst going through the painfully slow stadium process the club were also working on getting us back to Brighton. 2 massive jobs.

Anyway, all of this won't matter when we're sat in our nice new stadium, we'll have all forgotten the wait then:)

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
No point in clutching straws on ifs and butts although we all no that a club folding very rarely happens and thats a fact although you get the neverending crap of clubs about to fold.

I can't help the fact that i feel mr knight isn't amitious enough or big enough for this club and once it comes to dipping in his pocket he craps himself.
Running a club on the breadline has got us nowhere although we got very lucky with adams as manager who built a team up with peanuts.
If we was still struggling in the 3rd most of you would change your tune,so lets see what happens when falmer arrives and you can be sure the funds will still be crap because the chairman is potless and always will be.

I hope that someone with money comes in and dick can stand aside and take up a new roll at the club as he just isn't the man to make us a force in football.

Still we have 3 more years at the withdean and in my eyes thats just not qood full stop.
Its obvious dick wants delay after delay in building it and it only makes you wonder.

The ground needs to be built as soon as possible its that straight forward and all strings should be pulled to get the university or whatever out as soon as poss and get bull dozing.:D :D

9 years is just to long to wait grrrrrrrrrrr:angry:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's really simple where DK's legacy and place in Albion history is. He's already done some great work, but it's all about Falmer, and always has been. If he delivers it, then all the knockers will have to admit they were wrong, or at least accept that no-one will take them seriously; and if he doesn't then the Knight Supporters Club will have to admit that on the single most important thing he had to do, he's failed.

We'll all know soon enough.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
I can't help the fact that i feel mr knight isn't amitious enough or big enough for this club and once it comes to dipping in his pocket he craps himself.

Just how much money have you contributed to the club this season, Berks?

By going to away games only you are contributing nothing at all the income of the club.
Have you bought a shirt, book or video?

I can understand people who say I have paid my money therefore I am entitled to moan......

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Brady's Old Lady said:
But we're not!!!!! That's the whole F:censored: ing point.
Your missing the point as its the 2 championships that have made things look brighter in a whole.

If you think being on the breadline is goner get us anywhere then your wrong.
You can carrying on worshipping knight thats your choice,but my view is clear that we will get nowhere with our current chairman in charge and i must say that dick is the right man at our current ground as it suits him and his funds,but once falmer arrives it will be bigger crowds and more pressure and you will see how big he is.:wave: :smokin:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
Just how much money have you contributed to the club this season, Berks?

By going to away games only you are contributing nothing at all the income of the club.
Have you bought a shirt, book or video?

I can understand people who say I have paid my money therefore I am entitled to moan......
Excuse me but what the fu-ck as that got to do with it if this season im pi-ssed off and can't be arsed.:salute:

Does this mean that 16 years of shooting up and down the country following my team counts for nothing.
Yeah my patience has run out on many things at the club such as taking to long to do things and about a dozen other things rolled in.

Just because my interest is at an all time low doesn't mean i can't say what i think does it.

Anyway like most people i have better things to do on saturdays than spend a fortune on football.:drink:

Long journeys to gillingham and high prices at the withdean,so just how much more do our fans have to pay for A.:censored:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
berkshire seagull said:
Or perhaps he's trying to do the very best for the club and getting it running in a way where it becomes self-financing and we no longer need to hope that Mr BigPockets shows up one day

Running a club on the breadline has got us nowhere although we got very lucky with adams as manager who built a team up with peanuts.
From bottom of the 3rd in Kent to playing in Div 1 in Brighton via two championships - doesn't quite fit my definition of 'nowhere'

I hope that someone with money comes in and dick can stand aside and take up a new roll at the club as he just isn't the man to make us a force in football.
Who exactly is going to come in? Where were they when Dick stepped in? Either answer the questions PROPERLY or change the record

Still we have 3 more years at the withdean and in my eyes thats just not qood full stop.
And just what is Dick supposed to have done about the fact that the government called the plans in for a public enquiry? Who got Martin Perry (the man most likely to deliver a good result here based on his previous record) on board in the first place? Berkshire - what you and others like you fail to realise is that we are STILL paying for a very big mistake we made during our best years. We paid lots of big wages to players in order to get/keep our place in Div 1. When we were relegated we ended up in large-scale debt as a result. The directors had to sell their shares to avoid being liable for the debts - Greg Stanley and his mate (some bloke called Archer I believe) snapped them up and nearly wiped the club out permanently. Are you so determined not to learn from mistakes of 20 years ago?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here