Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Real Madrid vs Spurs

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I havent seen a thread on it so i thought i would set one up.

big game tonight and the arrogance spurs fans are starting to show is beginning to annoy me now. At the end of the day, Bale is overrated, Van de Vaart cant play 90 minutes and Gomes is likely to make a big error, i suspect if Ronaldo is fully fit Madrid should win fairly comfortably.

My only worry is that without Benzema, Adebayor isn't the most potent of forwards so they may find the breakthrough difficult.

Anyway, VAMOS MADRID :clap2:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Spurs need taking down a peg or two. Teams have often been successful in the CL due to their ability to get the crowd going on big European nights (look at Liverpool in 2005.) Spurs still accumulate crap results in the PL (Saturday for example) and their wins against Inter and AC, as good as they were, told us more about the opposition (and the state of Italian football) than Spurs. Madrid to win 3-1.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mildly interested, but more interested in seeing how Southampton and Peterborough get on tonight.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For the first time in my life I want Spurs to win a football match. Can't see it happening but would love them to obliterate Real over the two legs.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ah here we go again. The now traditional NSC Champions League week "I hate Chelsea/Manu/Arsenal/Spurs and desperately want them to lose" thread.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I think spuds can pull of a shock here. Real were terrible at the weekend, losing to Gijon at home. They were all over the place, their best creative player Ozil was played out of the game. Di Maria was shit and they ended up with Ramos right wing, Khedira attacking and long balls up to Adebayor. Although they will have Alonso back in the side, who is arguably their best player. Hopefully Spurs go through as it will make it an easier draw for Barca who will destroy Spurs and win me some $$$$

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Adebayor bag a hattrick against the Yids

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'd be more than happy if spurs won the CL, but don't think they'll get past Real, though it could be closer than many people think. Unfortunately I think Chelsea might beat United too, as long as they (in particular John terry) don't/doesn't win the thing.

Barca are beatable, but I suspect only in a 1 legged tie, i.e. the final.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ah here we go again. The now traditional NSC Champions League week "I hate Chelsea/Manu/Arsenal/Spurs and desperately want them to lose" thread.

Not NSC pasty, we're all patriotic enough to know that you support a British team in Europe, regardless of whether they're Man Utd or Chelsea and regardless of the number of foreign players in that British team. It's about upholding the honour of the Premier League, a league we ourselves aspire to play in with our Calderons and Ankergrens and the last thing you want to see is La Liga or Serie A teams having bragging rights on the European stage. I detest Spurs (and their arrogant fans) more than Crystal Mighty FC, but would love them to thrash Real Madrid.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Spurs need taking down a peg or two. Teams have often been successful in the CL due to their ability to get the crowd going on big European nights (look at Liverpool in 2005.) Spurs still accumulate crap results in the PL (Saturday for example) and their wins against Inter and AC, as good as they were, told us more about the opposition (and the state of Italian football) than Spurs. Madrid to win 3-1.

Spurs might take a 3-1 defeat...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm not a fan of Spurs in general and Redknapp in particular but I've got to admit they've got a decent team and are very entertaining this season. If I watch a premier league game I usually try and watch Arsenal because of the way they play. Spurs are now coming a close second for me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spurs can get a result tonight.

They are a good team and showed that, even without Bale, they can do a job on a foreign team.

1-0 Spurs although a 1 goal defeat would be decent to take back to White Hart Lane
I never think a 1-0 defeat or even 0-0 away in the first leg of an expected cagey encounter is a particularly good score. I know they managed to keep Milan at bay in the last round in the second leg, but wouldn't fancy them to do so against RM.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not NSC pasty, we're all patriotic enough to know that you support a British team in Europe, regardless of whether they're Man Utd or Chelsea and regardless of the number of foreign players in that British team. It's about upholding the honour of the Premier League, a league we ourselves aspire to play in with our Calderons and Ankergrens and the last thing you want to see is La Liga or Serie A teams having bragging rights on the European stage. I detest Spurs (and their arrogant fans) more than Crystal Mighty FC, but would love them to thrash Real Madrid.
Speak for yourself! I'm neutral in this game and I don't see why I should support a Premiership team just because they're based in England. I support the plucky Scandanavian and Swiss part-timers; then when they're knocked out I support teams like Bayer Leverkusen (who could be us in a few years as we've got similar-sized grounds). Then when they're knocked out I support the big German teams as German football cares about its fans more than the Premier League does; then if they get knocked out I lose interest.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I want spurs to win purely to hear what paxton got up to in his celebrations out there.

Yoda

English & European
I'm going for Madrid, but not because I hate Spurs, I don't.

Had a Spanish student stay with us from October till December from Madrid. I manage to convert him to have Brighton and not some Premiershite team (was West Ham) as his English team (even came to the Saints game and loved it). I didn't really support any Spanish teams but he went and got me a Real shirt a couple of weeks before he left as that was his team.

Before anyone asks, he has still been following our results back in Spain. Must remind him about the Colchester game being on TV.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
First time ever I want Madrid to win and not just win but smash them. Redknapp does my head in and would love to see him on the end of a smashing. Nothing against Spurs as a club its just him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here