Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Real Madrid vs Spurs

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Love it, Spurs getting hammered great to see. The banter coming from the Arsenal fans on Twitter last night was good fun as well

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At least we didn't have to put up with listening to Redknapp insinuate what a tactical genius he was by keeping the score down with his patched up bare bones team, because as it is, he had an injury to one or maybe two key players and his team got battered by a cricket score.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I would have liked Spurs to do well but Crouch was a total idiot (twice) and after that Spurs were just plain terrible.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really don't understand people who wanted Spurs to lose. But oh well.

Maybe they are looking forward to watching a Real - Barcelona semi final?

Maybe they don't like Harry Redknapp?

Maybe they just don't like Spurs? (you don't HAVE to)

Maybe, like me, they had money riding on a Real win?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Numbers 1 and 2 for me.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Thanks for that.

The only one I can understand is the last one, which I think goes without saying.

I never said you HAVE to like Spurs.

Your other points are for me outweighted by the fact that Spurs are an English side with English players. Not quite the same but it would be similar to English people supporting the Spanish national team. Personally I'll always support an English team in Europe ESPECIALLY an underdog like Spurs who have done well to even qualify for the Champions League and break the staus quo which gives hope to other teams.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
i know the yids had a shit allocation

Got 3'500 officially but they were really easy to get in the Real Madrid end so it wasn't really a problem. Just made tickets in the away end like Goldust.

I want spurs to win purely to hear what paxton got up to in his celebrations out there.

:lolol: - I went over there knowing we'd lose anyway, so just went for it.

3k I think it was. That said though lad that works for me got a ticket and he probably only goes to 4 or 5 away games a season (is a season ticket holder though) so I don't think it was too over subscribed by their regular travelers.

It's so f***ing wrong how Spurs sell their tickets abroad..Thomas Cook get a certain % of the allocation, they had EIGHT planes over their on the packages they set up (which include a match ticket)...to get on the package you needed 350 Loyalty Points, but to get a ticket in the Spurs End alone (not using Thomas Cook package) you needed 550' odd. It's f***ing wrong. I got up quite early on the Tuesday morning, and had a walk round Madrid, and saw all the Wally Coaches turn up..and my god, what a bunch of divs. Didn't recognise ANYONE. So many women out there (not that I mind that, but it's the first time I've seen so many at a Spurs Away game). Everybody jumped on the bandwagon for this one, and it makes me puke. Genuinely wanted 5th now, so we can go to places like Krakow, Famagusta, Zimbru, Besiktas again, where we'll only take 2000/3000 decent fans. Europa League - filters out the wallys .

Love it, Spurs getting hammered great to see. The banter coming from the Arsenal fans on Twitter last night was good fun as well

Can't see how the can give it , to be honest. We got further than them. Most of the ones giving the banter haven't seen Arsenal since moved to North London anyway. Muppets.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Your other points are for me outweighted by the fact that Spurs are an English side with English players. Not quite the same but it would be similar to English people supporting the Spanish national team. Personally I'll always support an English team in Europe ESPECIALLY an underdog like Spurs who have done well to even qualify for the Champions League and break the staus quo which gives hope to other teams.
Slightly tempered by the fact that Spurs were one of the 'Big Five' who were the main instigators behind the Premier League, and before that were one of the supporters of the change whereby home clubs kept all the gate receipts from League matches. (Previously the away team got a share like Cup games)

Looking at it like that we as Brighton fans should be cheering for anybody BUT the Premier League teams - it's like turkeys cheering for Christmas. To me that's just as valid as saying we should support them because they've got a couple of English players. Personally I can't understand the blind loyalty of people like yourselves who support them simply because of tenuous national ties, but fair enough, we're all different. And as I said earlier I was neutral; I have no feelings for Spurs, I have no feelings for Real Madrid so consequently I didn't give a toss.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Because, as you know Daz, they all sit in their ivory towers pretending they're all super fans despite going to 2 games a year. Same as the United fans who only go north of the Watford gap once in a blue moon.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Because, as you know Daz, they all sit in their ivory towers pretending they're all super fans despite going to 2 games a year. Same as the United fans who only go north of the Watford gap once in a blue moon.

Yeah, it's a shame. We was part of the hardcore 2000 that went Twente , eh ! :wink:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Slightly tempered by the fact that Spurs were one of the 'Big Five' who were the main instigators behind the Premier League, and before that were one of the supporters of the change whereby home clubs kept all the gate receipts from League matches. (Previously the away team got a share like Cup games)

Looking at it like that we as Brighton fans should be cheering for anybody BUT the Premier League teams - it's like turkeys cheering for Christmas. To me that's just as valid as saying we should support them because they've got a couple of English players. Personally I can't understand the blind loyalty of people like yourselves who support them simply because of tenuous national ties, but fair enough, we're all different. And as I said earlier I was neutral; I have no feelings for Spurs, I have no feelings for Real Madrid so consequently I didn't give a toss.

I have a few points but I'm tired to really make a substantial counter argument; but Real Madrid, they're hardly the personification of morality are they?

Will give you a better reply tomorrow if I'm not too busy with revision :wink:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I have a few points but I'm tired to really make a substantial counter argument; but Real Madrid, they're hardly the personification of morality are they?

I never said they were. Hence my neutrality.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Ask the old boys I was sat with. I'm the founding member of the London FC Twente supporters group don't you know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here