Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Real Madrid vs Spurs

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Speak for yourself! I'm neutral in this game and I don't see why I should support a Premiership team just because they're based in England. I support the plucky Scandanavian and Swiss part-timers; then when they're knocked out I support teams like Bayer Leverkusen (who could be us in a few years as we've got similar-sized grounds). Then when they're knocked out I support the big German teams as German football cares about its fans more than the Premier League does; then if they get knocked out I lose interest.

Ich Bin Ein Berliner Brovian. It sounds like the 'Rochdale' syndrome to me. I should qualify my comments by saying I don't mind Spurs/Man Utd/Chelsea losing to any European team from outside La Liga or Serie A, but I will never support a Spanish or Italian team against a 'British club.' Your Swiss/Scandinavian/Germans (yes even the Germans these days) are the Rochdales of European football and we don't we just love 'em for punching above their weight.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
i know the yids had a shit allocation

3k I think it was. That said though lad that works for me got a ticket and he probably only goes to 4 or 5 away games a season (is a season ticket holder though) so I don't think it was too over subscribed by their regular travelers.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yep only 3000 official, 10,000 have traveled,many getting tickets from real madrids international supporters club.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
If Spurs do get a result, hopefully we wont have any of the embarrasing "Are you watching Arsenal" chant 30 seconds after the whistle.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
If Spurs do get a result, hopefully we wont have any of the embarrasing "Are you watching Arsenal" chant 30 seconds after the whistle.

its chants like that along with listening to some of the fools on sky sports news earlier that has really put me right off supporting them at all this evening

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Real's defeat at the weekend was their first at home all season - there was no Ronaldo. He is the X factor in this tie. If Spurs keep him quiet then they could get a result. But they have to keep him quiet.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've put Madrid down for a home win in my accumulator....come on you rails (etc).

D

Deleted member 18477

hope Real win. spurs fans are as arrogant as SCC fans (well the ones i know). and i'm not a massive fan of Arry redknapp although he is a good manager. would love to see Real win the whole thing. Big fan of Jose as his arrogance is hilarious and they havn't won it since 2002.

+ i hope john terry never lifts the trophy.
+ i hope wayne rooney never lifts the trophy again!

++ COME ON CHARLTON! (tonights BIG game).

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
OptaJoe on Twitter: "0 - Real Madrid have won none of their last 5 Champions League games (D1 L4) against English teams & failed to score in the last 4. Spur."

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Don't understand why you wouldn't want an English team to progress in the CL - come on you spurs!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1-0 Adebayor

D

Deleted member 18477

get in there! spurs look petrified at the minute.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done spuds - buffoons so far

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I havent seen a thread on it so i thought i would set one up.

big game tonight and the arrogance spurs fans are starting to show is beginning to annoy me now.

Sounds like a lot of posters on here the past 8 matchdays. Bloody hell they're due of a big game esp as Harry won't be around too much longer as he's leaving in 2012 to manage England....

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I was so close to putting £50 on Real Madrid -1 at 11/10 earlier.
Bloody well wish I did now.

Stupid, stupid Crouch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here