Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RE The Large Ones Post on Ask The Club............

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
whispers.......

If my lift is a problem I tend to park in valley road.......I am a very bad fan

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
At the risk of not having read the whole thread because it became tedious, you could use the Park and Ride. They always have ample buses to take you to the car park at Mill Road after the game. That way you don't have to park in the "No Parking Zone" and you get to use your travel voucher, and free parking.

Thanks for your tip.

But as I live in Kemp Town not really a feasible option.

Maybe they are using too many buses for the P&R when in fact they should divert one or two to the route into Brighton.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think its funny that between me and a few mates that sit within 2 blocks of each other in the South Stand, and everyone still in the ground at the final whistle, there can be an HOUR difference between the first person getting to the pub and the last - all going by the bus (or taxi when said buses dont show up)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Thanks for your tip.

But as I live in Kemp Town not really a feasible option.

Maybe they are using too many buses for the P&R when in fact they should divert one or two to the route into Brighton.

Forgive my lack of knowledge of the Geography of Brighton, I am not a Brightonian, but it's about 2 miles drive from Kemp Town to the Mithras House Park & Ride, would that be more feasible? That way you can park without upsetting the Withdean neighbours, and get the bus to and from the ground.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Forgive my lack of knowledge of the Geography of Brighton, I am not a Brightonian, but it's about 2 miles drive from Kemp Town to the Mithras House Park & Ride, would that be more feasible? That way you can park without upsetting the Withdean neighbours, and get the bus to and from the ground.

Out of the two that would be a better alternative, but I thought the whole idea of the vouchers was for people to leave the car at home. Obviously for people that do not live near rail or bus links then P & R is for them.

I don't want to park in the 'zone'. I want to use the bus, which as I said earlier is only really a problem for evening games. It really is up to the club & B&H buses to co-ordinate this a lot better and not pass the buck from one to the other. Maybe BHA should approach local coach companies to provide the service as from next season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
4) Walk. - Now, I know Yorkie is trying to help BUT for Christ's sake is there any parent here that would be prepared to walk back next Friday from Withdean to Lewes Road at 10 in the evening with a 5 year old and an 8 year old?

At no time did I ever suggest you walk to Lewes Rd. I said Preston Drove.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
But then again, he takes his responsibilites seriously.

Who trod on your corns?
My responsibilities to a 5 year old would be to make sure they were in bed at 8pm not waiting around for a bus. But then I didn't add that to the thread because I don't make personal remarks unlike yourself Alan.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Who trod on your corns?
My responsibilities to a 5 year old would be to make sure they were in bed at 8pm not waiting around for a bus. But then I didn't add that to the thread because I don't make personal remarks unlike yourself Alan.

But you did add to the thread, and it wouldn't have been half as long if you didn't added your unhelpful and irrelevant 'suggestions'. You completely missed the point of what I want (and, as it transpires - what Buzzer wants) from the bus company, but it didn't stop you carrying on thinking that some people aren't making the effort to get to Withdean - just because you are making the effort.

And, by thw way, did Buzzer give you permission to make an insinuated comment on his parenting skills?

Oh, and you might not make personal comments (at least, none that I can think of), but you have been happy in the past to misrepresent me - like you have here, so don't even think of trying to claim the high moral ground. The Liz Costa farce you got so wrong about six weeks or so ago? And don't PM me to say you weren't wrong.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
But you did add to the thread, and it wouldn't have been half as long if you didn't added your unhelpful and irrelevant 'suggestions'. You completely missed the point of what I want (and, as it transpires - what Buzzer wants) from the bus company, but it didn't stop you carrying on thinking that some people aren't making the effort to get to Withdean - just because you are making the effort.

And, by thw way, did Buzzer give you permission to make an insinuated comment on his parenting skills?

Oh, and you might not make personal comments (at least, none that I can think of), but you have been happy in the past to misrepresent me - like you have here, so don't even think of trying to claim the high moral ground. The Liz Costa farce you got so wrong about six weeks or so ago? And don't PM me to say you weren't wrong.

You've missed the point completely. I haven't tried to claim the moral high ground. I don't have to justify myself to you or anyone else.
What Liz Costa farce?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If you had something to say to me Alan why didn't you do it on Monday night when you saw me?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You've missed the point completely. I haven't tried to claim the moral high ground. I don't have to justify myself to you or anyone else.
What Liz Costa farce?

Jesus wept. :thud:

You HAVE tried to claim the high moral ground. You said "But then I didn't add that to the thread because I don't make personal remarks unlike yourself Alan." What is that if it's not claiming the high moral ground?

I'm not asking you to justify yourself - I never have done, and I'm not now. What's that go to do with anything?

The Liz Costa farce? The one you PM'd me several times about - and I explained several times what I was saying, even though the original statement I made was in clear, coherent English, and you still chose to think I was having a go at her.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Because I'm not that interested - it was a social gathering and was a completely inappropriate context to bring anything up should I have felt like it.

I'm bringing it up now as a point of saying that you have a tendency to misrepresent me.

It's christmas time, lets all get on together.:)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Because I'm not that interested - it was a social gathering and was a completely inappropriate context to bring anything up should I have felt like it.

I'm bringing it up now as a point of saying that you have a tendency to misrepresent me.

I've forgotten whatever it was.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
basically yorkie

you have a tendancy to jump in with both size 12 doc martin astro boots in defence of "the club" the "ground" the"establishment a.k.a.the albion" any time you even SUSPECT someone is not toeing the albion line

try not hijacking every f***ing thread you think is anti the club

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
for the love of god, just...

stfu.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here