Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RE The Large Ones Post on Ask The Club............

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Actually, it's not. You've made my mind up for me. I'm taking the option not to go to the game. Well done Albion. 3 less fans cheering you on.

You know you don't mean that mate. Bit of a semi-flounce type thing going on there. And quite right too. But the club needs you, and your nippers are the next generation and they appear to be WELL into it. Pressure needs applying to the club to sort it out with the bus company is all.

Now you and Yorkie kiss and make up (and no tongues). cos you're both Albion through and through innit. We should all get along.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No Ross. I shan't take my boys. It's not a flounce. It's me doing the right thing for my kiddies. I've got the boys that night so if they don't go then I can't.

It's just taking the piss to turn round and say that the walk will do them good or keep them warm. 10 o'clock on a Friday night in the middle of December - remember.

I just can't take the risk of there being no buses after the game. First game I've missed this season too.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm nearly a pensioner and I can walk for 15 mins. The Large One is half my age, which makes him the same age as my husband.

The bus company should surely be trying to gets bums on seats. It is frustrating that people are having to pay for a service in the price of their Withers ticket. This does not bode well for the new stadium, as it will discourage new floating fans attending.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I havent fallen out with anyone. I'm trying to make helpful suggestions. Buzzer has made his mind up that things are too difficult to get over any hurdles so I can't help him any more.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Walking keeps you warm. Your boys would be sitting in the FREEZING weather for two hours during the match if they came to Withdean so what is the difference?

You cant expect 2 young kids to have to walk for 15 minutes at 10 o clock at night though can you? Let alone in the day.

It's stupid what's gone on with the buses over the last year or so. Isn't it time that we lobby the bus company itself, rather than pressurize the club, as they seem to be so reluctant to actually do anything about it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When we went to Donny the bus timetable and the Firstbus website both said that extra buses would be laid on after the match. The 72/75 buses both go back to Frenchgate/Train station. As the crowd was over 6000 we thought that all the buses would be lined up to go back to the town centre , the reality was to see a solitary 75X picking up about 30 people then pull away at 21.40 as we were about 300 yards from the bus stop. The next 75X came at 22.10 which was the last one running but there as only 8 of us on it. So Brighton Buses have probably got the same attitude as Firstbus and just provide the scheduled service as they anticipate people to use the train , park&ride or cars because to them at the end of the day it is only a travel voucher whereas they can earn more money from passengers paying cash on other routes apart from the number 5.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You cant expect 2 young kids to have to walk for 15 minutes at 10 o clock at night though can you? Let alone in the day.

It's stupid what's gone on with the buses over the last year or so. Isn't it time that we lobby the bus company itself, rather than pressurize the club, as they seem to be so reluctant to actually do anything about it?

The bus company is who we should be lobbying I agree.
I used to walk further than 15 mins when I was young on a regular basis. I don't see what the time of night has to do with it? Their Dad will be with them.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I havent fallen out with anyone. I'm trying to make helpful suggestions. Buzzer has made his mind up that things are too difficult to get over any hurdles so I can't help him any more.

Strewth, Yorkie. I'm merely asking for something I've paid for. There shouldn't be hurdles. Why is trying to see the Albion such a bloody struggle?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Strewth, Yorkie. I'm merely asking for something I've paid for. There shouldn't be hurdles. Why is trying to see the Albion such a bloody struggle?

Try coming over 12 miles to see them. It takes me 20 mins to walk to the station at this end.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Buzzer, have you contacted the bus company?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I used to walk further than 15 mins when I was young on a regular basis. I don't see what the time of night has to do with it? Their Dad will be with them.

There really is no point this debate going on any further, Yorkie. You're quite mad at times.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No Ross. I shan't take my boys. It's not a flounce. It's me doing the right thing for my kiddies. I've got the boys that night so if they don't go then I can't.

It's just taking the piss to turn round and say that the walk will do them good or keep them warm. 10 o'clock on a Friday night in the middle of December - remember.

I just can't take the risk of there being no buses after the game. First game I've missed this season too.

For sure Lee. Totally respect your decision. Replica shirts are thin, and its f***ing cold out. It's grim enough for us big blokes, let alone the ankle-biters.Oh, and pensioners. They could get seriously ill just sitting in Withdean for best part of 2 hours, let alone waiting in sub-zero for 30 minutes for a bus. It's not inconcievable somebody might DIE as an indirect result. Yeah, fuckit, you're right, why subject your kids to THAT? Know exactly where your coming from. If the club can't sort out a civilised way to transport supporters a mile into town in return for a 25 quid ticket, then they probably don't deserve that support. Cheers mate.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Try coming over 12 miles to see them. It takes me 20 mins to walk to the station at this end.

I come 70 miles in each direction and have to go via Clapham junction to get home after an evening game (at about 1.30 am).

This, of course, is irrelevant to the point of this thread...

B&H buses are f****** shocking after the game and something needs to be done. That IS the point.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There really is no point this debate going on any further, Yorkie. You're quite mad at times.
My whole point is that if you wanted to go, then you would go. Harsh? yes but true.

Ok you have a problem with the buses. The club have told you that they can't do anything about the buses. So contact the bus company and find out what they are going to do about the problem.

On the other hand why should I care? As I said I am only trying to help.
If I had two small kiddies like yours then I would use the car.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
23503011.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My whole point is that if you wanted to go, then you would go. Harsh? yes but true..

Wrong. So very very wrong. Why do I have to be an uber-fan to follow my local football team? All I want to do is take my boys to the Albion. Not be some kind of super fan who overcomes all sorts of obstacles put in my way. This is EXACTLY why people get peed off with going. Not content with the stadium being a shit-hole there seems to be a concerted effort to make the whole experience as disagreeable and inconvenient as possible.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm sorry if you think I'm worng.
I won't try and help in future.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wrong. So very very wrong. Why do I have to be an uber-fan to follow my local football team? All I want to do is take my boys to the Albion. Not be some kind of super fan who overcomes all sorts of obstacles put in my way. This is EXACTLY why people get peed off with going. Not content with the stadium being a shit-hole there seems to be a concerted effort to make the whole experience as disagreeable and inconvenient as possible.

Just one more question. Who is making the concerted effort to make it disagreeable?
The club or the bus company?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Please re-read my posts Yorkie. I know you're trying to help but none of your suggestions are really options for me and the 2 boys. I'm sure the club appreciates people like you who do make huge allowances for the deficiencies but the floating fan won't do that and STHs like me won't either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here