Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RE The Large Ones Post on Ask The Club............

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
basically yorkie

you have a tendancy to jump in with both size 12 doc martin astro boots in defence of "the club" the "ground" the"establishment a.k.a.the albion" any time you even SUSPECT someone is not toeing the albion line

try not hijacking every f***ing thread you think is anti the club

So you think it is the club's fault the bus company cannot provide the right buses at the right time?

Ok then

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
no you fucjking moron

these are the points many people are trying to make

1,buses dont turn up,this is not the clubs fault but people hope they have SOME influence with the bus company due to them writing cheques payable for services (buses or trains)rendered.

2, you feel the need to dominate every f***ing thread YOU feel is anti club

3 f*** off back up north where you belong

Thank you for your remarks.

1. The bus company is to blame and the club have no influence any more than the shops in Western Rd have influence

2. Yes I stand up for the club because I love the club and feel they are getting stick for something outside their control

3. I was born in Sussex and didn't leave until I was 22. My username started when I was still living in exile.

If you have to resort to personal abuse then you haven't really got a point to make.

D

Deleted User X18H

no you fucjking moron

these are the points many people are trying to make

1,buses dont turn up,this is not the clubs fault but people hope they have SOME influence with the bus company due to them writing cheques payable for services (buses or trains)rendered.

2, you feel the need to dominate every f***ing thread YOU feel is anti club

3 f*** off back up north where you belong
Right that does he has been rude to Yorkie find hang him cut his balls off. But above all ban him obscene personal abuse is not tolerated

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
The bus company is to blame and the club have no influence any more than the shops in Western Rd have influence

Tickets have the buses logo on them so there must be some agreement somewhere along the lines. The club has to pay the bus company for the travel vouchers collected, businesses in Western Road don't have to pay this fee for there customers that buy there main product.
Also some drivers have been most insistent in ripping off my travel voucher when i have just shown them my ticket as theres a big que behind me.

Its in the clubs intrest long term that people can get away from the ground quickly and as comfortably as possible, if not them fans will be put off going and that will have a direct impact on the attendances.
As attendances are as lower as they are i don't think the club would want them to go any lower.

So you think it is the club's fault the bus company cannot provide the right buses at the right time?

Ok then
It IS the Club's fault.

The Club is under a planning obligation to have a travel plan in place. They are required to take the appropriate action to achieve that. This includes getting the bus companies to provide the buses.

If the Club fails to do this and, as a result, more cars park in the Withdean area, it is the Club who will be fined by the Council.

And quite right too.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ok I concede. If Lord B says so then it must be true.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I know that you've already been accused of talking nonsense on this thread, Yorkie, but this particular comment takes the biscuit.

:)

Why is that Ed? I know that you post things that are true and not wind ups, because of your experience in transport. That is what my comment meant.
I still don't see how the club can make the bus company provide extra scheduled services but now accept that it is their fault.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Why is that Ed? I know that you post things that are true and not wind ups, because of your experience in transport. That is what my comment meant.
I still don't see how the club can make the bus company provide extra scheduled services but now accept that it is their fault.

Yorkie, the club don't have to try and make the bus company provide extra scheduled services out of the goodness of Mr French's heart. They pay the bus company to run them. It's all part of the travel plan that was a condition for the club to return to Withdean.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yorkie, the club don't have to try and make the bus company provide extra scheduled services out of the goodness of Mr French's heart. They pay the bus company to run them. It's all part of the travel plan that was a condition for the club to return to Withdean.

Albion are good at that, paying people.....no?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what a BINTFEST this thread is

nsc gold? :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Thank you for explaining it to me. I genuinely didn't understand.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home

I like Yorkie thought that it was the P&R buses that the club had to provide only. I didn't realise that they had a duty under the planning permission to supplement scheduled services. Maybe that's where this whole misunderstanding came from.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm with Yorkie on this. I'd rather walk 15 mins with my kids ( or I would and did when they were young) than STAND for 15 mins in the freezing cold to catch a bus ( which is always a possibility isn't it?). They're gonna get a lot colder sitting through an hour and a half in the ground, a walk would warm them up not freeze them! Personal choice though so why flame someone who has a different opinion?

Can't believe some of the ott criticism of Yorkie because she had the temerity to suggest anyone should walk.

My opinion is coloured by the fact that I'd rather walk than wait for a bus and then moan that it didn't turn up either quickly enough or not at all.. I have never used the bus or train option either so fail to understand such a furore over it. There have been gripes about it since it started, I suggest it's not ever gonna get sorted to suit everybody.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here