Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RE The Large Ones Post on Ask The Club............

I'm with Yorkie on this. I'd rather walk 15 mins with my kids ( or I would and did when they were young) than STAND for 15 mins in the freezing cold to catch a bus ( which is always a possibility isn't it?). They're gonna get a lot colder sitting through an hour and a half in the ground, a walk would warm them up not freeze them! Personal choice though so why flame someone who has a different opinion?

Can't believe some of the ott criticism of Yorkie because she had the temerity to suggest anyone should walk.

My opinion is coloured by the fact that I'd rather walk than wait for a bus and then moan that it didn't turn up either quickly enough or not at all.. I have never used the bus or train option either so fail to understand such a furore over it. There have been gripes about it since it started, I suggest it's not ever gonna get sorted to suit everybody.

You're another that's missed the point entirely here. Most people would rather walk than wait 15 minutes in the freezing cold. Most people would rather make their kids walk than stand in the cold too, in the hope that the exercise would keep them warmer. The POINT is simply that we shouldn't HAVE TO WAIT as there should be enough buses available to get everyone away from the ground quickly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You're another that's missed the point entirely here. Most people would rather walk than wait 15 minutes in the freezing cold. Most people would rather make their kids walk than stand in the cold too, in the hope that the exercise would keep them warmer. The POINT is simply that we shouldn't HAVE TO WAIT as there should be enough buses available to get everyone away from the ground quickly.

Maybe but the reality is that people have ALWAYS had to wait given the amount of whinging on here over the years. It ain't gonna change, so stand around freezing and accept it or make alternative arrangements. Sorry if that's still missing the point.

Yes. there has always been a certain amount of waiting, after all you do have to queue up to get on the buses and you can't get more than 3 at the stop, but the original point is that 70 people were left hanging around until 10.15, so 45minutes after the game, which isn't good enough. The club have a duty to provide the buses, and they do pay for the service so something needs to be done.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Of course, if you leave the game 5 minutes before the end you should have a shorter queue for the busses, that might help :ban:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I take it these busses are the normal schedule busses from Pacham to Brighton. If so what the hell is it to do with the club?

As far as I am concerned I tried twice to get that park and ride and it was such a horrendously crap experience that I now park in Valley Road ( only a couple of times a year!) and risk some spotty steward chastising me.

Organisation of things is not B&HA's most endearing feature

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I take it these busses are the normal schedule busses from Pacham to Brighton. If so what the hell is it to do with the club?

As far as I am concerned I tried twice to get that park and ride and it was such a horrendously crap experience that I now park in Valley Road ( only a couple of times a year!) and risk some spotty steward chastising me.

It is not just schedule buses that run into town after the game. The problem is, it is hit and miss as to how many extra buses run after the game. Sometimes there are 3 or 4 waiting at 5pm and other games there are none.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

I believe from what Lord B. posted that it is the clubs obligation to ensure that buses are laid on to get people into AND out of the area. This is a condition of us being at Withdean and the club will be fined by the council if the car usage is greater than an agreed level (not sure what that is though). So, it does have alot to do with the club. So assuming that the amount of buses isn't enough, the club need to find out whats going on at the bus company, or risk receiving a fine from the council.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The scheduled 5/5a buses for Saturday games are 4.39, 4.51, 5.04, 5.15, 5.28, 5.39

The scheduled 5/5a buses for midweek games are 9.43, 10.13, 10.43

These buses are rarely there, some even drive past when they see how many people are at the stop

The bus company say

"We have also been investing in improving the quality of service. Frequencies of many bus routes have been improved over the last decade. Our award winning METRO network of the five most popular routes crossing the conurbation run every few minutes during the daytime. High frequencies on most other City bus routes make them attractive to use. There are two all night bus routes which cross the city providing convenient bus services 24 hours a day. "

With a 50 odd mile journey back to Surrey to look forward to after a game I've decided that the P'n'R ain't for me because it gets me home an hour later than when I park near to Withdean and the last thing I need is to get home after 11:30 after a midweek game. The P'n'R experience has lost us a lot of fans because it's a pain to use.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, they add relief services to the usual 5 service to ensure that there are enough buses to get everyone from Withdean into town. Or at least that is what the club and B&H Buses have agreed is supposed to happen.

apologies....i didnt realise that!

With a 50 odd mile journey back to Surrey to look forward to after a game I've decided that the P'n'R ain't for me because it gets me home an hour later than when I park near to Withdean and the last thing I need is to get home after 11:30 after a midweek game. The P'n'R experience has lost us a lot of fans because it's a pain to use.

Seat to car in the Mill Road P&R has never taken me more than 30 minutes?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Of course, if you leave the game 5 minutes before the end you should have a shorter queue for the busses, that might help :ban:

You see, this is a genuine issue. People often whinge about the effect of fans leaving 5 minutes before the end of a game. My seat is halfway up Block E in the middle of the row. It takes an absolute age to get out of there and if I am getting the bus they have often all departed before I get anywhere near the bus stop. You then end up with a situation like the Millwall game - left freezing on the side of the street for half an hour.

Sometimes, the club/bus company gets it right in terms of the number of buses (they have recently), but the problem is that it is inconsistent. I wouldn't be surpised if there is a lack of communication between the club and the bus company and again next week, resulting in an insufficient number of buses to cope with the rise in attendance for the Gillingham game. I won't be risking a long wait in the cold again next Friday - I'll be on my way out of the ground as the final whistle blows.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Who trod on your corns?
My responsibilities to a 5 year old would be to make sure they were in bed at 8pm not waiting around for a bus. But then I didn't add that to the thread because I don't make personal remarks unlike yourself Alan.

You've added it now though haven't you?

Now, Yorkie..........I think I'm well known on this board for completely flying off the handle with some of my rants but I'm reigning myself in here...just.

It's a Friday game and as Gabriel doesn't have school the next day, I thought it would be nice for him to experience a night game. I've taken his 8 year old brother to a few of them (as it's usually on a Tuesday or Wednesday I know that it's way too late for Gabriel to be up for those). I will not subject Gabriel to a potential 40 minute wait for a bus next Friday so am not going. I think that is me being a responsible parent.

Please don't ever, ever question my parenting skills or decisions I make about how I bring up my 2 boys again. Or we will probably fall out.

I've had enough of this thread.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I think it is time to find that thread again.... IS YORKIE ON DRUGS!

She's definatley not parent of the year award winner, so shouldn't advise people on a message board how to bring up their own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here