Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio presenters saying the parents where irresponsible (Madeleine)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Starry said:
(How do you do the multi-quote thing on here?)

-Why not, Junior babysits for Mini (and demands an outrageous price which is flatly refused).

How old are they?

I don't get the multi-quote either :lolol:

14 and 9

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
hans kraay fan club said:
Yorkie. Your unwillingness to judge is a virtue, and I salute you for it, but you are wrong.

The parents were wrong. You know it, I know, and the parents themselves, god save them, know it better than anyone.

Everyone knows it but it just seems so unfair to play the blame game at such a sensitive time for them. Allocating blame really isnt the most important thing at the moment.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I listened to a radio show about child abductions........

The stats clearly show that on average there are 6 child abductions that result in death per year in Britain...this has remained the same for 50 years......no increase.

(to be honest was a bit higher than i thought:ohmy: )

So this recent culture of fear is probably down to access to News.

So we are no more at risk today of child abduction as we were in our parents days. The real risk paedophilia remains within the family.

Whenever there is a debate ( remember we're are all on the same side here, we want all children to be safe ) and someone says 'well it happened and therefore I am right and any other opinions is invalid'.......then sadly end of debate.

I made a conscious decision to allow my 7 year old to walk to School with a mate, healthy for body and mind, no obvious dangerous crossings, when its icy he can skate on the pavement, when its windy he can make a sail with his coat, when its raining he can wear a coat, when its sunny he can pick flowers.......was i right.......because you know the stats for road accidents ???

I watch other parents car full of screaming kids during the School run....!!!

My Son is now 12 years old, he is fit, healthy, bright and a pain in the arse !!

I rest my case

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
sir danny cullip said:
Everyone knows it but it just seems so unfair to play the blame game at such a sensitive time for them. Allocating blame really isnt the most important thing at the moment.

spot on

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I was wondering when the era of parenting thing would crop up. My parents were raised very differently to me, which is all down to the difference in societal values. BUT I don't think its relevant here.

I'm wondering if it has more to do with the fact that the parents were more comfortable leaving their kids alone, in this day and age where often both parents work so their kids are always in someone elses care. These are two working class parents, so I'd hazard a guess (and quite happy to be proved wrong) that they were used to other people (nannies, childminders, nursery staff etc.) minding their children. So they were happier than most to leave their kids unattended as nothing had ever happened before.

I still don't condone it nor will I ever do it myself, but can understand it. I hope against all odds she's ok and will be home and safe soon.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
tedebear said:
I was wondering when the era of parenting thing would crop up. My parents were raised very differently to me, which is all down to the difference in societal values. BUT I don't think its relevant here.

I'm wondering if it has more to do with the fact that the parents were more comfortable leaving their kids alone, in this day and age where often both parents work so their kids are always in someone elses care. These are two working class parents, so I'd hazard a guess (and quite happy to be proved wrong) that they were used to other people (nannies, childminders, nursery staff etc.) minding their children. So they were happier than most to leave their kids unattended as nothing had ever happened before.

I still don't condone it nor will I ever do it myself, but can understand it. I hope against all odds she's ok and will be home and safe soon.

I don't know too many working class parents who have nannies

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am not blaming the parents at all but sadly when you are on holiday you are relaxed and you get into a routine and it works.

I suppose you cannot counter the sinister fact thet they were watched and this happened.

Personally I think (and pray) the child is still alive and will be found.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
tedebear said:
I know loads!

Once they get a nanny, I hazard a guess that they've left the working classes and become upwardly mobile. Or maybe nannies come a lot cheaper than I'd envisaged.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Didn't particularly like reading this thread. There's too much condmenation of these poor parents and I simply don't understand it. It's particularly sad to see people referring to them living it up, drinking sangria or whatever while their children suffered on their own. They were having a meal, very close to where their rooms were and they were popping back to check regularly - lots of parents do this. OK you might not, fair enough, but plenty do and it doesn't make them bad parents.

Face it - if someone wants to snatch your child they can do it. There's just degrees about how hard you can make it for them. In this case the children were locked ina room, but unattended. Who's to say this wouldn't have happened after the aprents had returned to their room.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
DJ Leon said:

Who's to say this wouldn't have happened after the aprents had returned to their room.

I think its pretty obvious the sick person thats done this wouldn't have had the parents been in the apartment. Either they knew that the parents left the children alone in the evening on a regular basis or they happened to stumble across them doing it that one night.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Depends - nannies vs au pairs - some friends of ours have a live in au pair who they pay £60 a week - sounds cheap to me but you have someone living with your 24/7, who you feed and pay bills for, nannies are far more expensive but when you're both working its a necessity. I think the thing is that you become more accustomed to leaving them with someone else, or dare I say it alone, that you become a little naive to the risks?

I have trouble leaving my son with his grandma, for a quick few hours out. Doesn't make me any better or worse, but I was thinking maybe the more times I do it, the better it gets and so on...maybe thats whats they've felt?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We gave up on child care after having the 2nd, we would end up paying more if Mrs Hut worked part time

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
sir danny cullip said:
I think its pretty obvious the sick person thats done this wouldn't have had the parents been in the apartment. Either they knew that the parents left the children alone in the evening on a regular basis or they happened to stumble across them doing it that one night.

You're more than likely right, but we don't know that for sure. Remember the case of the girl snatched from her bathroom last year. It happens.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
DJ Leon said:
You're more than likely right, but we don't know that for sure. Remember the case of the girl snatched from her bathroom last year. It happens.

Yea there was also that girl snatched from her dorm whilst on a school trip in France. Just seems this snatcher has planned things out rather than a manic smash and grab crime.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Beach Hut said:
We gave up on child care after having the 2nd, we would end up paying more if Mrs Hut worked part time

Agreed which is why you see me wandering aimlessly around town in a daze...:blush: I was just thinking to myself that maybe the more you get used to childcare - the more relaxed you get about your kids supervision? Just a thought...

Lush

Mods' Pet
BigGully said:
I listened to a radio show about child abductions........

The stats clearly show that on average there are 6 child abductions that result in death per year in Britain...this has remained the same for 50 years......no increase.

(to be honest was a bit higher than i thought:ohmy: )

So this recent culture of fear is probably down to access to News.

So we are no more at risk today of child abduction as we were in our parents days. The real risk paedophilia remains within the family.

Whenever there is a debate ( remember we're are all on the same side here, we want all children to be safe ) and someone says 'well it happened and therefore I am right and any other opinions is invalid'.......then sadly end of debate.

I made a conscious decision to allow my 7 year old to walk to School with a mate, healthy for body and mind, no obvious dangerous crossings, when its icy he can skate on the pavement, when its windy he can make a sail with his coat, when its raining he can wear a coat, when its sunny he can pick flowers.......was i right.......because you know the stats for road accidents ???

I watch other parents car full of screaming kids during the School run....!!!

My Son is now 12 years old, he is fit, healthy, bright and a pain in the arse !!

I rest my case

That is a great post. :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
tedebear said:
Agreed which is why you see me wandering aimlessly around town in a daze...:blush: I was just thinking to myself that maybe the more you get used to childcare - the more relaxed you get about your kids supervision? Just a thought...

Strangely Mrs Hut now works part time in a nursery

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here