Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quitting Smoking Thread

Oct 25, 2003
clean since the early hours of new years day

first 2 and a bit weeks were a living hell, now it's absolutely fine.....now i'm healthier physically and financially

- - - Updated - - -

oh, but i've put on a fair bit of weight due to CONSTANT eating

breachy

Nov 18, 2008
Lower Bourne
Im trying to give up it's been about three weeks, Have been on the Nicorette gums 4mg which have helped but not really a chewy person (no Star wars jokes!) been bloody hard but hoping i will suceed.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
I'm also thinking of giving up, to resurrect some semblence of an amateur football career, I wish you all the best. UTA

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
clean since the early hours of new years day

first 2 and a bit weeks were a living hell, now it's absolutely fine.....now i'm healthier physically and financially

- - - Updated - - -

oh, but i've put on a fair bit of weight due to CONSTANT eating

Its not just me then. Day 24 for me, and I cant stop eating. I thought using the electronic ciggy thing would help with that, but it doesn't. Still, I have saved about £200 from giving up so far. :thumbsup:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anyone got any tips for good E juice flavours?. Am currently vaping Blended Virginia from Totally wicked but am interested to hear if anyone has found a decent flavour.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Day 4.

Eaten a house.
Getting fidgety.
Drove past a petrol station without even thinking if i needed smokes.
Evenings are the most difficult at the moment
Off to eat another house.

Seedless grapes are my "thing" at the moment. 5 equates to about the same time as rolling a smoking a cig :)

Day 9 for me, had a really grumpy couple if days now :angry:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Seedless grapes are my "thing" at the moment. 5 equates to about the same time as rolling a smoking a cig :)

Day 9 for me, had a really grumpy couple if days now :angry:

OK i'll try fruit, have been on toast but have done a loaf in 1.5 days plus my 3 squares. Guess that's rather healthy as well (my body might reject it tho'!).

Embrace the grumpiness. Being nice is soooooo naughty's. :)

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
348 days since my last smoke. Would still kill for one but I won't give in. I won't. I really won't.

Oh, and I've put on 1.5 stones:(

Not Spanish Dave

Feb 23, 2013
Well done mate.

I waited till I had a heart attack. It was
pretty easy to give up then.
3 stents, now going to the gym and running round
Hove Park like a twenty year old.
You are quite clearly cleverer than me in not waiting for
your first attack

Good luck and keep away from smokers for a year or two

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'm about 4 1/2 months in now, stopped taking champix about 6 weeks ago. Been out on my bike 3 or 4 hours a week and can't believe just how much difference stopping smoking has made! I'm about the same weight as when I stopped but that's coming down now :)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
1st anniversary as a non smoker. Went completely cold turkey and I'm so pleased to have got this far.
Thanks to all that gave encouragement.
NSC has come up trumps again.
Good luck to all the other quitters

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
over 4 months gone now and every night i want to reach down my own throat and pull my lungs out. They are so itchy and tickleish at night its actually a little painful. Stopped eating as much as i was aslwell which is good, and the weight is evened off.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
3 years tomorrow for me. Best thing I ever did. Still need to smell a pouch of tobacco every now and then though. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here