Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for you Brighton fans

If Brighton are promoted to the Championship do you want Palace to be relegated?

• Yes I still want them relegated

Votes: 149 51.9%
  • No it would be good to play them next season

Votes: 138 48.1%

• Total voters

Relegated. Want palace to do the same as us, lose selhurst and play yeovil on a Tuesday night 140 mile trip from home and see how many they have here. Then see palace crowds after 10 years at a ground with no roo and an athletics track. After that sure they can play us in the same league

What's funny is that was one of the options. Play at Crystal Palace Athletics Stadium. We would have still got exactly the same attendances as we do. We have the potential for quite a few thousand more. Whereas Brighton cannot be bothered to go even if you are top of the league. You will probably bring more fans to Selhurst when you play us there next than you get at home. The rivalry is still there - I can feel it. I hope we get you in the cup but I suspect you will be knocked out by then.

Feb 14, 2010
What's funny is that was one of the options. Play at Crystal Palace Athletics Stadium. We would have still got exactly the same attendances as we do. We have the potential for quite a few thousand more. Whereas Brighton cannot be bothered to go even if you are top of the league. You will probably bring more fans to Selhurst when you play us there next than you get at home. The rivalry is still there - I can feel it. I hope we get you in the cup but I suspect you will be knocked out by then.

jog on. Crystal palace athletics track is a few miles from Selhurst. I want you playing at pompey like we had to go to Gillingham, and in the lowest league and then 10 years at a ground with no roof. jog on you are not worthy of our rivalry, you re called nigels for a reason - you are known for no passion. Read Build a bonfire and learn how to support a football club, h and whilst you are at it try and be champions of england and win a charity shield to catch up with us as well. You have had the best 25 years in your history and you still get sod all

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Go crawl back to your own forum, you retard. :thumbsup:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I always want to play Palace. Games with them are like no others, so yes, if we are to be promoted I would rather they stay up.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Let's go over this slowly.

We have been in a state of decline since the early 90s (and before perhaps).

The Goldstone was not a great place to take the family towards the end of our time there.

The former Chairman purposely ran down the team to strengthen his own position.

We had our ground taken from us.

We spent two years in exile.

We play at a ground that is 80% uncovered.

We have been struggling on the pitch for a long time, despite some brief spells of hope.

We have lost thousands of fans due to our plight and struggle.

There is absolutely no comparison to be had.

We took our mismanagement on the chin and we are in the process of rebuilding. You have been squandering millions over the last decade on expensive salaries and what-have-you.

Similarities? None. But we will overtake you on attendances next season and it remains to be seen how we both match up on the pitch.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Who'll be the first Palace player trying to jump ship to the south coast? Not sure any of them would get in the team just now, though.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

The Goldstone was not a great place to take the family towards the end of our time there.

We have been struggling on the pitch for a long time, despite some brief spells of hope.

We took our mismanagement on the chin and we are in the process of rebuilding. You have been squandering millions over the last decade on expensive salaries and what-have-you.

Similarities? None. But we will overtake you on attendances next season and it remains to be seen how we both match up on the pitch.

You're wasting your time Bof. He probably wears trainers with velcro straps - due to the unfathomable complexity that shoe-laces present.

jog on. Crystal palace athletics track is a few miles from Selhurst. I want you playing at pompey like we had to go to Gillingham, and in the lowest league and then 10 years at a ground with no roof. jog on you are not worthy of our rivalry, you re called nigels for a reason - you are known for no passion. Read Build a bonfire and learn how to support a football club, h and whilst you are at it try and be champions of england and win a charity shield to catch up with us as well. You have had the best 25 years in your history and you still get sod all

Pretty jealous of all your achievements. As for athletics stadium, yes it is nearby. Why could only you lot be so moronic as to play miles away? I suppose you had trouble getting any kind of protest together with the few thousand fans you had.
As for passion, we still hate you even though you're not worth it and haven't been for years - so we must have some kind of passion left. Was almost feeling sorry for Brighton a few years back. At least now I can always support whichever team you're playing against. Except Charlton of course.
I know how to support a Football Club- have been supporting Palace since the 70s. As for getting nothing - we still enjoyed lording it over you - which was good enough for us. We're not Man Utd, but I wouldn't go bragging about Brighton's achievements if I were you. They are honestly not much to brag about in recent years.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Evening, if the season finished tomorrow our two clubs would be swapping divisions. Now, would you lot prefer to be promoted and Palace avoid relegation, and look forward to a rivalry where both clubs play each other, enjoy a proper rivalry. Or would you prefer the boot on the other foot? Like it is now. I know that if we avoided the drop and you went up, both of us would be looking for one game on next years fixture list.

Why do we entertain these posts from the low lifes from Selhurst.

Why do they want to communicate with rational human beings that simply hate them!:annoyed:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The current owners are hardly short of cash,they are just trying to run the business in a sensible and prudent way,so hopefully there will be no more Jordan type shenannigans in the future.

How many times have we heard that from you lot in recent years.

Sustainable levels ? Even footing ? and now sensible and prudent

You`ve got to laugh.........

Alright I will then :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Exactly, Palace will still be bigger than you even if we get relegated. You will not overtake us on attendances, 10k does not match up to 15k - does it?

Sounds like you have our number. That what have you was a huge expense. You obviously know nothing about the Palace situation but it is a good laugh reading your replies. Had forgotten how stupid the seagulls were.:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Exactly, Palace will still be bigger than you even if we get relegated. You will not overtake us on attendances, 10k does not match up to 15k - does it?

Sounds like you have our number. That what have you was a huge expense. You obviously know nothing about the Palace situation but it is a good laugh reading your replies. Had forgotten how stupid the seagulls were.:thumbsup:

10k attendance? You said you were bringing down 10k. So it is a no show from us then. :nono:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Change the record,same old shit from you every time.where is all this passion when you have not sold your home seats for one match when you are top of the league.:shrug:
Load of old shit.You may get bigger gates next season but they will be a load of part time fans.You can not have it both ways you say we play in a dump but our gates have held up,you play in a dump and your gates haven't.
Part time fans.:clap2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Oh the irony:lolol::lolol::lolol:

10k attendance? You said you were bringing down 10k. So it is a no show from us then. :nono:

Well done! However, on average most teams won't be bringing that many to your place will they? Why would they bother against a team that they couldn't feel any rivalry with because they simply wouldn't be worth it.
If you were in the Premiership you would have lower attendances than Wigan - not that you ever will be, before you get any ideas.
And you know how many Palace would bring, don't you? Unless your young, which you don't seem to be.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well done! However, on average most teams won't be bringing that many to your place will they? Why would they bother against a team that they couldn't feel any rivalry with because they simply wouldn't be worth it.
If you were in the Premiership you would have lower attendances than Wigan - not that you ever will be, before you get any ideas.
And you know how many Palace would bring, don't you? Unless your young, which you don't seem to be.

You`re making a fool of yourself now.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Laughable. You seem to be trying to convince yourself that the our future is not looking rosy. Well, it is. Let's finish this and avoid all speculation about attendances until we move into our new ground. and the tickets start to sell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here