Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for you Brighton fans

If Brighton are promoted to the Championship do you want Palace to be relegated?

• Yes I still want them relegated

Votes: 149 51.9%
  • No it would be good to play them next season

Votes: 138 48.1%

• Total voters

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
We've got money, our chairmans looking to relocate and build a new stadium, good manager, good youngsters. Just need our 10 injuries to get fit again.

Realistically, where do you think you can relocate too? Most of Norbury could do with levelling, so I suppose you could build something there! I'd be interested to hear where your new owners are thinking of going? Does the new consortium own Selhurst now and do they have enough money to build a new stadium or redevelop the current one? If you use ours as a bench mark of 93 million quid, Its not going to get any cheaper if you're looking to build one in North Surrey.

As for a good manager, think again, that old juicer has had his day.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Would rather the club be run properly and have a bright future, even if that means spending time in lower leagues.

Run properly and a bright future do not go hand in hand, sadly. Forgoing your sustained level of the Championship football and you brief flirt with the Premiership for an uncertain future (league wise) doesn't seem like a brilliant deal.

Portsmouth are still in the hands of dodgy owners, but they are only 2 points off the playoffs. I'm yet to see the best fans in the land protest against their current ownership, now that their future has been secured for the time being.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ignore this cretin, of course we loath you and want you to go down. Lose your ground, play in Swindon for 2 seasons followed by 10 years kicking around lower leagues before you get a new ground on purley way. That's what I want for palace. Only then will you get remotely close to understanding how one sided you've had it for so long. It is now our time, Brighton are back home. Permanently!

Quality.

cpfc123

Oct 31, 2010
Littlehampton
Realistically, where do you think you can relocate too? Most of Norbury could do with levelling, so I suppose you could build something there! I'd be interested to hear where your new owners are thinking of going? Does the new consortium own Selhurst now and do they have enough money to build a new stadium or redevelop the current one? If you use ours as a bench mark of 93 million quid, Its not going to get any cheaper if you're looking to build one in North Surrey.

As for a good manager, think again, that old juicer has had his day.

The consortium own selhurst. One of them used to own Churchill insurance. I'm sure they would get alot of money for selhurst from property developers, although a good chunk of that would go to rbs for the 'anti-embarassment clause' used during the take over of the ground. They've gone on record as saying theu can build a new ground and we're on a sound financial foot. Not sure the best place to build a new ground. As for Burley, i'm going by his past championship record. Time will tell with him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The consortium own selhurst. One of them used to own Churchill insurance. I'm sure they would get alot of money for selhurst from property developers, although a good chunk of that would go to rbs for the 'anti-embarassment clause' used during the take over of the ground. They've gone on record as saying theu can build a new ground and we're on a sound financial foot. Not sure the best place to build a new ground. As for Burley, i'm going by his past championship record. Time will tell with him.

The BBC gossip section is talking about Pardew replacing Burley.

cpfc123

Oct 31, 2010
Littlehampton
It's easy to say that when you haven't done it for an eternity.

We was very lucky someone bought us out. If they hadn't I wouldn't have a team support. I'd take league one or two over that anyday

cpfc123

Oct 31, 2010
Littlehampton
The BBC gossip section is talking about Pardew replacing Burley.

Chairmans stated he's never even spoken to Pardew. Suppose if Burley did go though, would prefer someone like Phil Brown.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Chairmans stated he's never even spoken to Pardew. Suppose if Burley did go though, would prefer someone like Phil Brown.

He would say that. Not really an endorsement of his support for Burley if he is testing the water.

We was very lucky someone bought us out. If they hadn't I wouldn't have a team support. I'd take league one or two over that anyday

You were never not going to be bought. The process that is stopping you from Lg one or two football is wiping out your debts every so often.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
let them go down
FA cup 3rd round in January would do for me!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We haven't been real rivals for about twenty years anyway, mainly because you've been much bigger than us and much better than us, so I don't care whether we play you or not next season. The rivalry between our clubs (the real rivalry, not this phoney bollocks that we've had for the last twenty years) only lasted for a few seasons anyway

However as you should have gone bust and reformed in the summer you should by rights now be in the Beazer Homes Southern Division Two or whatever it's called. (Along with Portsmouth). Consequently yes, I want you to get relegated. And again. And again. And Again. And again. (Yes I know it's not going to happen, so don't bother pointing it out.)

You may well get relegated this year but don't worry; you'll be back in the second tier MUCH quicker than by rights you should be - and you probably won't even have to run up another load of debts and wipe them off via Administration in order to do it.

Up the Pally!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

f***ing Hell.....He is nearly as orange as Jordan:albion1:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Definately rather see you in the Championship for at least one year with us in our new stadium. Falmer in its first season against Palace for the first time in a few years would be brilliant, and its been a while since i've been to Selhurst. Many Palace fans (seemingly the younger generation) seem to be leaning towards Milwall more and more, and the rivalry needs to be brought back properly.
What better than BHA vs Palace as first game at Falmer, or at any time of the season really. If you went down and we went up, with the problems you have off the field, it would possibly be a while before we played you again, as undoubtedly Ambrose, Danns, and Speroni would be off.

Surely everyone wants to play Palace at Falmer.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I never feel true hate for all Palace fans, just the ones that are complete cocks as I may say. But to be honest not trying to hate on you, but its not bloody likely you are going to get anywhere but down if you are signing Pardew and currently have Edgar Davids on your bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here