Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR - Points Deduction

You were all moaning that it took two yrars to investigate a case of wrongdoing by agents, owners maybe playerscand maybe managers. You have unlike the fa whencthey started work on the case thr facts begore you but you still dont know what the case is about. Im pointing out that its easy to spout rubbish abouy "delay" but realitu is different to sky sportscfootball commentators opinion

Are you Welsh?

NOBODY is going to respect, let alone even understand your points of view if you cannot manage to write in English - there's even spell-checker to assist you (so there's no excuse for being Welsh either)

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
There is of course the argument that because the transgression happened the season before if the deductions had taken place then QPR would have been relegated and not been in a position to chase promotion to the Premiership this season. There is also the precedence of Swindon being denied promotion after winning the playoffs in the 1990s which resulted in the losing finalists going up in their stead.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The dilemma for the FA is deducting so many points which mean QPR don't even make the playoffs and a possible scenario of Millwall or Leeds in the Premier League.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So surely it is 1 count not 7 as stated as he only registered once. The 39 appearrances would then indicate the degree of guilt or if not the punishment would appear harsh even to a layman yet alone a lawyer or judge.

It's to do with various infringements that occur in the single process.

The club have been charged with
-agreeing a deal with a third party for the player's economic rights
-allegedly failing to notify the FA of the arrangement before registering Faurlin.
-alleged to have used or sought to pay an unauthorised agent in relation to Faurlin's registration in July 2009.
-club official Gianni Paladini has been charged, along with Rangers, over documents alleged to be false which were sent to the FA when the 24-year-old extended his contract at Loftus Road in October last year. (I imagine that's one infringement per forged document, or something to make it seven).

TheFA.com - QPR and Paladini charged

Last edited:

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
I'm a bit bias here as my dad is a QPR supporter, I hope QPR go up, but I think they'll be finned. It would be a disgrace to allow all this time to take away points. I think the FA would of made this decision earlier, plus it seems harsh to do this after their season finishes. from the comment above, they've had the offending player for a few years now, so it was just for this year, plus I don't think they knew about it?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I would think the the FA would insist on the play offs going on as normal if they dock QPR the points just so there isnt much of a chance for them to be over turned.

As its pointed out they will get 40 million from going up, im sure they can live with a 10 million fine.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
From what I can gather, we have been charged with breaches of 4 rules relating to the alleged 3rd party ownership.

We have been charged with using or paying an unauthorised agent. I believe the agent involved is a FIFA registered agent but not registered with the FA.

The club and Paladini are both facing charges relating to alleged false information in documents submitted when Faurlin extended his contract in October of last year.

So it's 6 charges for the club and 1 for Paladini.

Some have reported the Football League discovered this last year, I've read reports that we approached them to sort it out. It's not a breach of FL rules so they referred it to the FA as it's a breach of the FA's rules. The FA allowed us to buy out the 3rd party earlier this year.

The FA rules are dated 4 July 2009 but I've also read something (which I can't now find) suggesting they backdated the date it came into force. We announced the signing of Faurlin on 6th or 7th July 2009 but I don't know when he was registered with the FA.

The argument may be if they backdated the start date of the rule change, when we signed him it wasn't against the rules and therefore doesn't stand up. I am however speculating as I don't know the details.

The hearing starts Tuesday with the outcome expected to be announced next Friday. No matter the outcome, I think lawyers will be the winners be it ours (or should I say Mittal's), whoever finishes 3rd, whoever we beat in the play-offs if we're in the play-offs or whoever finishes 8th arguing the punishment wasn't big enough and they should have been in the play-offs.

I understand there is no question of Faurlin being ineligible to play as the FA view is his registration is in order.

QPR - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for as long as I can remember.

Edit : Where's that f***ing lizard come from?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I bloody hope not. Hopefully The FA will give QPR a transfer ban of a year and a huge fine of probably £10 million.

They are owned by TWO billionaires, what the f*** do you think a Fine will do? A lenghty embargo possibly, but still I think a points deduction is best, assuming that is the set punishment for the new rules.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Unless QPR take out an injuction stopping that happening if they consider their treatment to be unfair and illegal.

They can only stop it if they can prove it is outside the rules the league has set out themselves, from what I understand there is no sort of legal enforcement behind it. I think we'll be playing them next season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
QPR are the best team in the Championship, they should be promoted. It is far too late to start fannying around with points deductions shirley?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
QPR are the best team in the Championship, they should be promoted. It is far too late to start fannying around with points deductions shirley?

It should have been done earlier I agree, but if they have broken the rules (from what it seems they've broken a number of rules) they should be punished.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It should have been done earlier I agree, but if they have broken the rules (from what it seems they've broken a number of rules) they should be punished.

I'm with you on that, it just depends on the nature of the punishment, the personal wealth of their board is surely an irrelevance though?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They can only stop it if they can prove it is outside the rules the league has set out themselves, from what I understand there is no sort of legal enforcement behind it. QUOTE]

From other posts it would appear that the FL have said that it isnt against FL rules and they referred it to the FA so the egal challenge will be against the FA, which could then make it possible to take legal action as I do not think the FA would or should have the power to stop a team being promoted who havent broken their own rules.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm with you on that, it just depends on the nature of the punishment, the personal wealth of their board is surely an irrelevance though?

I don't think so, I think it is important that the punishment will actually punish, I'm glad they have done away with fining footballers a couple of grand and now go straight to match bans, which will affect them much more. From reading that article, it is the first time these rules have been used, so they need to set a precedent. I think they will be given the punish that the FL has previously said fits the crime, if that is a 15 point deduction they should take their punishment, they knew what they were doing. I don't really understand this countries legal system but I do no understand how they can appeal it, unless these is some misconduct where they don't follow their own rules, surely the FL can do what it wants?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
They can only stop it if they can prove it is outside the rules the league has set out themselves, from what I understand there is no sort of legal enforcement behind it.
From other posts it would appear that the FL have said that it isnt against FL rules and they referred it to the FA so the egal challenge will be against the FA, which could then make it possible to take legal action as I do not think the FA would or should have the power to stop a team being promoted who havent broken their own rules.

Ahh yes I had missed that tidbit, I don't think it makes a difference though, if the FA rules say that it's worthy of a points deduction, and the FL have agreed to give them the punishment decided, which I'm sure they have somewhere in some contract, what difference does it make?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here