Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR - Points Deduction

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree legal action will obviously follow as their owners have the money to do this and as such the play offs and possibly even preparation for next season could be put on hold. I would expect their owners to get an injuction stopping the FL from promoting any team and in affect staging the play offs until a court case appeal has been heard.

isnt there a rule in place that says the FA have the final word?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As usual the FA drags it's feet and looks like it could turn the end of the season into a farce.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Rather than strip them of promotion, why don't they just make them start the season in the Premiership with minus points?

Good suggestion. A fine is pointless bearing in mind Briatore and Ecclestone are billionaires. Could you not just ban them from promotion?

So 2nd and 3rd go up automatically and 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th go into the playoffs?

Seems ridiculous that this has dragged on for so long. Everyone has known that this has been 'under investigation' for months. It could have been resolves in February! It seems pretty certain that they will be found guilty and if they get point deducted, Warnock has already proved that he's not afraid to help the club drag this though the courts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When Fozzie took the FA to court the judge said that they were autonomous and that every player and club agreed to their rules when they signed up but that wouldnt stop somebody contesting this again and perhaps another judge forming a different opinion if he considered that they had breached their own rules. If nothin g else it would delay things and prove a nuisance to the FA.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I agree legal action will obviously follow as their owners have the money to do this and as such the play offs and possibly even preparation for next season could be put on hold. I would expect their owners to get an injuction stopping the FL from promoting any team and in affect staging the play offs until a court case appeal has been heard.

Which is why the FA really need to sort these things out so much quicker. The penalty should have been brought in months ago.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Bit silly to impose the penalty now, as the offence took place two years ago! :glare:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect that the basis of QPRs argument would be that the puishment is not fair or just as the FA knew before hand what penalty would affect them most and issued the penalty accordingly which is totally against British justice.

Feb 14, 2010
As usual the FA drags it's feet and looks like it could turn the end of the season into a farce.

Its easy to blame the fa. Iltimately its not the fa fault what others do. The fa can then only employ people to investigate. Those employees then work a normal day but with lawyers and litigation waiting to have a go at them. Can hardly blame those employees beong cautios and takingvtheir time

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I would expect that the basis of QPRs argument would be that the puishment is not fair or just as the FA knew before hand what penalty would affect them most and issued the penalty accordingly which is totally against British justice.

I thought that if you were found guilty of fielding an ineligible player then you were deducted all the points won with him in the side. Isn't that what happened to Torquay and Hereford (although Torquay were deducted a point even though they lost)?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Its easy to blame the fa. Iltimately its not the fa fault what others do. The fa can then only employ people to investigate. Those employees then work a normal day but with lawyers and litigation waiting to have a go at them. Can hardly blame those employees beong cautios and takingvtheir time

Two years ? I think that's rather longer than it needed to be. It will turn the season into a farce.

Feb 14, 2010
Two years is not long at all. Think of the task. Firstly they have to get disclosure of documents from unhelpful people who will try and obstruct them. They then have to meet people, then prepare for a hearing. Two years is not long in litigation for complex matters especially if people arecalleging wrong doing ad you have to get the evidence. It the usual football people reacrion from players who jv not done a job that like to moan without actually thinking what tgey are saying through

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I think we'll be alright with Bennett, even if Norwich do go up. He's said in a fair few interviews just how happy he is and how he wants to stay here, and how he wants to play for us next season. We'd need to be offered a fair bit more than in Jan as we're a Championship club now, so I think we're in a much better position to keep hold of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here