Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR - Points Deduction

Feb 14, 2010
Appeals can be quickly put together because the hard yards of getting the facts and papers from unhelpful opponents will have been done and there has already been a hearing, so now they agree pretty much the facts andcwill argue law. Its like saying painting the living room only took a day but building the house too 6 months

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

If the case is as clear cut as the FA say it is Only there incompetance can have allowed this case to drag on for so long.QPR should now be let off scott free, all working for the FA should be sacked and in future time limits should be set for disciplinary hearings 8 to 12 weeks should be long enough,we are after all talking about a game here .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wrong. They cheated 2 years ago, which is why it's wrong to punish this squad/manager with a point deduction.

The cheating is (seven counts of) contravening third party ownership laws in the transfer of a player who is part of the current squad, and has helped this manager and this squad to win promotion and got them to the precipice of the division title. If they didn't sign him, would they be where they are? (he's worth £3.5m, has made 39 appearances, scored 3 goals this season - according to soccerbase)

To suggest their law breaking hasn't affected the current squad seems to me to be a little bit... I'm not sure what word to use naive? obtuse? laughable? They don't seem right, it's like you're going to extremes to protect them from guilt, Arsene Wenger-ish I guess is best as I can describe it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where would it leave them if it was 15 points? In the play offs or out of the running? This has the potential to royally screw up the play offs presumably. Until it's all sorted out, including appeals etc.

Seems harsh at first but then again if they have knowingly broken the rules and continued to use a player they wouldn't have been able to sign if they hadn't done so, then it's not fair on the other clubs who have stuck to the rules.

Feb 14, 2010
Unless you have read the files of the fa lawyers and qpr lawyers then you font know what work was involved and why it took two years but really two years in litigation is not that long. Litigation involves work, cases take careful time to get ready, es0ecially if some is allegingcwrongdoing. Interestingvtho as now isca goodctime for it to be released as pressure is now made to let them off. Just a thought

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The cheating is (seven counts of) contravening third party ownership laws in the transfer of a player who is part of the current squad, and has helped this manager and this squad to win promotion and got them to the precipice of the division title. If they didn't sign him, would they be where they are? (he's worth £3.5m, has made 39 appearances, scored 3 goals this season - according to soccerbase)

To suggest their law breaking hasn't affected the current squad seems to me to be a little bit... I'm not sure what word to use naive? obtuse? laughable? They don't seem right, it's like you're going to extremes to protect them from guilt, Arsene Wenger-ish I guess is best as I can describe it.

How can that be 7 counts as it is 1 player so it is either 1 count or if they were aware of the offense it is 39 counts as that is the number of games he has played so they have committed the same offense 39 times.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How can that be 7 counts as it is 1 player so it is either 1 count or if they were aware of the offense it is 39 counts as that is the number of games he has played so they have committed the same offense 39 times.

No, the offence is not playing him, it's to do with his registration and the submission of paperwork, so his 39 appearances aren't relevant in terms of guilt or innocence.

Feb 14, 2010
The case involved football owners, players and football agents. Its not hard to think that getting to the truth might have taken some bloody hard work and knowing that no matter how good a job they did, they would be appealed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, the offence is not playing him, it's to do with his registration and the submission of paperwork, so his 39 appearances aren't relevant in terms of guilt or innocence.

So surely it is 1 count not 7 as stated as he only registered once. The 39 appearrances would then indicate the degree of guilt or if not the punishment would appear harsh even to a layman yet alone a lawyer or judge.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There are all sorts of bits of paperwork and declarations to sign, lots of people involved, it's not hard to see how that could constitute several technical offences surely?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are all sorts of bits of paperwork and declarations to sign, lots of people involved, it's not hard to see how that could constitute several technical offences surely?

Yes I accept that each seperate signature to each document would probably constitute an offense, so that would probably amount to 7. Still seems a harsh penalty for a technical offense. Mind you Torquay and Hereford wre deducted 3 points for playing an ineligible player who hadnt signed by the time deadline so based on that 15 points for 39 games isnt too bad.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
The case involved football owners, players and football agents. Its not hard to think that getting to the truth might have taken some bloody hard work and knowing that no matter how good a job they did, they would be appealed

I'd also add that the investigation was probably not limited to just this country which could have added to the length of time it took.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If QPR have broken FA rules they should be punished. To me it doesn't make any difference if it happend two years ago or yesterday they have breached FA Rules.

The difficult part is the punishment, fine them say £10 million they still stand to make £80 million (I think that was the figure quoted last year for promotion to the Premiership). Dock them points next year, well again they still stand to make the £80 million.

Harsh as it may sound the only punishment would be to ensure they don't gain promotion this season and dock them 20 points in the 2010/11 season.

I agree that I will be interesting to hear Warnock's spin on the situation thinking back to the West Ham case, where Warnock's toys came out the pram and he wanted them relegated and Sheffield United to stay in the Premiership.

Feb 14, 2010
You were all moaning that it took two yrars to investigate a case of wrongdoing by agents, owners maybe playerscand maybe managers. You have unlike the fa whencthey started work on the case thr facts begore you but you still dont know what the case is about. Im pointing out that its easy to spout rubbish abouy "delay" but realitu is different to sky sportscfootball commentators opinion

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
15 points would be a joke and call into question the actions of th FA and integrity of the League. denying them promotion on this issue so late in the day will be swiftly followed by court cases, leaving all promotion and play offs in limbo.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
15 points would be a joke and call into question the actions of th FA and integrity of the League. denying them promotion on this issue so late in the day will be swiftly followed by court cases, leaving all promotion and play offs in limbo.

Yes I doubt that the FA have considered that yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here