Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Purely Hypothetical Poll: Suarez to Brighton

Would you be happy to see Suarez play for Brighton?

• Yes - I'd be happy to see Suarez play for the Seagulls

Votes: 97 68.3%
  • No - Suarez could do one

Votes: 45 31.7%

• Total voters

Lush

Mods' Pet
Lets just say - purely hypothetically - that Liverpool finally decide Suarez is a liability and no other Premiership club will touch him with a bargepole, but fellow Uruguayan Gus offers him a chance to play for us.

Would you support this move?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes. Without a doubt - his behaviour doesn't really even register on the football bad-boy scale. A spell out of the spotlight would be good for him, and fantastic for us.

Last edited:

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I said no, because I hate racists and his horse like teeth.

But that's all, I couldn't think of a legitimate reason..

He said one thing, which is the 'norm' in his country apparently.

You can't tell me that the majority of people have never made even a small racist comment in the past? maybe a joke etc.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
I haven't voted, cos there isn't an option for "Yes I would tolerate it" (as opposed to "be happy" with it).

But yes, I would tolerate it, as long as the club made it clear they would embark on a programme of education (or such like) with him about what is generally considered acceptable in this country and what isn't, specifically regarding potentially racist comments.

If Gus doesn't agree to that, then Suarez doesn't come, and we're no worse off.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'm not convinced he was being outright racist, afterall Evra didnt report the matter to the police for legal prosecution. so i'd be inclined to give a little leeway, see how he fits in a more multicultral side (noticed how white Liverpool is, apart from Johnson???)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I much prefer Sanchez: a better player.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
i'm not convinced he was being outright racist, afterall Evra didnt report the matter to the police for legal prosecution. so i'd be inclined to give a little leeway, see how he fits in a more multicultral side (noticed how white Liverpool is, apart from Johnson???)

Cause even the Police are not that stupid to believe him.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
He's not a racist though...Gus says so!

He acted like a cock today, but then so did Evra. They are professional footballers it's what they do. Made entertaining watching though and lets not forget this is an entertainment industry.

We've got a woman beater, a drink driver and 4 potential sex offenders in the team currently and people are supporting them so a bit of casual racism is nothing really!?!

Frankly, he can f*ck off, he and Dalgliesh are a discrace to LFC. Suarez had the perfect opportunity to diffuse a massive row, and he chose to balls it up.
Fergie, who I normally despise, got it spot on. Suarez should be sold, he is an insult to Liverpool's proud history.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I thought he was silly today and he needs to get them railings sorted out, they look like a row of condemned terraced houses

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Completely aside from the antics today and previously, I don't think he'd be the player for us. Too inclined to get sent off, and a cynical player in general.
In other words, he'd be a bad influence.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Completely aside from the antics today and previously, I don't think he'd be the player for us. Too inclined to get sent off, and a cynical player in general.
In other words, he'd be a bad influence.

Yeah, god forbid we had players that want to be booked/sent off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here