Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Purely Hypothetical Poll: Suarez to Brighton

Would you be happy to see Suarez play for Brighton?

• Yes - I'd be happy to see Suarez play for the Seagulls

Votes: 97 68.3%
  • No - Suarez could do one

Votes: 45 31.7%

• Total voters

Nothing like having an agenda is there? Repeated ones? You are trying to imply that it was more than one incident and we only have Evra's word that the word was used more than once-his evidence gave three numbers at different times during the hearing.

Like so many people you appear to be desperate for Suarez to be permanently vilified for one moment's loss of common sense (after Evra insulted his sister, remember). It happened, he got punished. Just like Cantona, who is revered at Old Trafford and was supported by the manager who is now on a witch-hunt against a player guilty of calling one of his squad a name, not for drop-kicking somebody in the head. And supporting another for deliberately breaking another player's leg. And supporting another for deliberately avoiding a drugs test. Not to mention standing by a player guilty of shagging his brother's wife. So many double standards from Ferguson it is sickening.

This whole situation has got completely out of proportion and is way out of hand.

"desperate for Suarez to be vilified"? Just because I happen to think differently to you with your agenda??
One moment loss of common sense eh? He went through a whole game trying to wind up Evra, repeating his 'moment', and then calling it an endearment. Why are YOU sticking up for him?

Okay, hypothetical again now; YOU are in the stands and a black lad is standing there calling you whitey, pink-boy, honky for the whole match.
You know he'll be back next home game to sit there again and REPEAT this.
Should what happened in the stands 'stay in the stands', and if you report it - should you have to recall exactly how many times you were degraded and humiliated?
What if the club said "oh that lad means those epithets as a term of f***ing ENDEARMENT! ???

Get real.

A. What Gus says about him backing Suarez means bugger-all to me. I don't have to repeat the opinion of every *foreign sportsman* - not even if he manages my football club, if he were my mate, or even a family member.

Ermmmmmmmm...... did you miss the whole POINT?

Yes you did. I referred to "Kick Racism Out Of Football", and the first example of that should come from the players and staff.
If any of our existing players uses racism on the field of play, that scotches our whole club's stance on the 'KROOF' campaign - which is a campaign our club upholds by ejecting anyone who uses racism from the Stadium.....and I agree with that in my own point of view also.

Before anyone asks - if I heard Gus calling an opposing player "negrito" I would also report that as abuse, just as I would for a fellow fan, as required by stewarding rules. I would tell him at the time, before going ahead with the report.
I like Gus, but do not agree with his support of Suarez, nor Liverpool FC's stance in backing Suarez.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
How about we sign him but insist that the matchday programme and all club officials including Gus have to refer to him as El Maricón on the grounds that this a well know term of affection in many of the bars and clubs of Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here