Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Purely Hypothetical Poll: Suarez to Brighton

Would you be happy to see Suarez play for Brighton?

• Yes - I'd be happy to see Suarez play for the Seagulls

Votes: 97 68.3%
  • No - Suarez could do one

Votes: 45 31.7%

• Total voters

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
it's not just the racist issue which makes me think he's a cock. It was the way he cheated in the 2010 World Cup game vs Ghana. He intentionally used his hands to stop a goal. The guy is a prize c**t.

A game they went on to win! He's a f***ing hero for doing that!!

If Greer brilliantly tips a goal bound shot around the post in the last minute of the play off final and we go on and win the game are you going to be writing to the club demanding he be sacked because he cheated?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
How are fans expected to take being ejected for one racist comment, if there's a player making repeated ones?

Erm, that's a really difficult one but I'll try to answer it.

Mabye, just mabye, because we've all got minds of our own and don't copy every single thing a foreign sportsman says or does :shrug:

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
A game they went on to win! He's a f***ing hero for doing that!!

If Greer brilliantly tips a goal bound shot around the post in the last minute of the play off final and we go on and win the game are you going to be writing to the club demanding he be sacked because he cheated?

I'd rather lose than win in such an embarrassing fashion

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Frankly, he can f*ck off, he and Dalgliesh are a discrace to LFC. Suarez had the perfect opportunity to diffuse a massive row, and he chose to balls it up.
Fergie, who I normally despise, got it spot on. Suarez should be sold, he is an insult to Liverpool's proud history.

I despise Fergie too, but to the contrary I thought he was completely out of order to comment in the fashion that he did. Suarez has every right to refuse to shake hands with someone who has just seen him serve an 8 match ban some something he feels he did not do. I wouldn't shake that persons hand either had it happened to me. And for Fergie to say he should have done it to avert a "riot" is frankly provocative.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Half of the problem yesterday was Evra - if Suarez refused to shake hands with him (which he's perfectly at liberty to do) Evra could have come out of it with his reputation enhanced by just shrugging his shoulders in a "what can you do" sort of gesture. But no - he has to grab his arm and start wrestling with him - they're both as childish as each other.
But back to the original question - who wouldn't want a Uruguayan international who scores bundles of goals playing for their team. Not that it'll happen so don't hold your breath.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yeah hes got the bad reputation but hes still a great player, maybe a new club could be a new chapter to get away from all the abuse.

great answer second post in

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Half of the problem yesterday was Evra - if Suarez refused to shake hands with him (which he's perfectly at liberty to do) Evra could have come out of it with his reputation enhanced by just shrugging his shoulders in a "what can you do" sort of gesture. But no - he has to grab his arm and start wrestling with him - they're both as childish as each other.

Good point!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Suarez feels he done nothing wrong(as does Poyet)..Clearly the F.a believe he did and was punished accordingly. They should have skipped the handshake yesterday, just like they did for Terry against Q.P.R, but then Terry always seems above the law anyway. The unwritten one and the written one. The point here is would you shake the hand of the man, whom you believed, rightly or wrongly had caused you so much grief..I have watched the non handshake many times now and Evra clearly puts his hand down to his side, then back up again as Suarez has past. But then he plays for Man Utd and is above any reproach..Both as bad as each other imo...Yeah I'd have him here in a flash and pay 5% of his wages. Will he now play next Sunday, should be the question we are all asking.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Off field problems do not bother me. As long as they perform on the pitch. Suarez for us would be like Buckley playing for Bognor. He is way too good for Championship. Would love him here though of course. I don't think he is racist either

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Yes - he may be annoying and perhaps a racist tw*t but think how good he'd be for us!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Is this a serious question? Surely this should be a 100% YES result. One of the best players I've ever seen live and certainly the best away player to play at The Amex and some of you wouldn't want him in a Brighton shirt. Weird, just weird.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
But back to the original question - who wouldn't want a Uruguayan international who scores bundles of goals playing for their team. Not that it'll happen so don't hold your breath.

I've watched this a few times now and I'm not convinced it was Suarez's fault. From what I can see Evra only put his hand out at the last minute (if you look at all the other players they have their hands out ready to shake), I think Suarez saw this and assumed that Evra didn't want to shake his hand so totally bypassed him.

Have another look and see what you think.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not a chance - Albion have been backing the slogan "kick racism out of football" and that should be upheld on the pitch by our players. How are fans expected to take being ejected for one racist comment, if there's a player making repeated ones?

Nothing like having an agenda is there? Repeated ones? You are trying to imply that it was more than one incident and we only have Evra's word that the word was used more than once-his evidence gave three numbers at different times during the hearing.

Like so many people you appear to be desperate for Suarez to be permanently vilified for one moment's loss of common sense (after Evra insulted his sister, remember). It happened, he got punished. Just like Cantona, who is revered at Old Trafford and was supported by the manager who is now on a witch-hunt against a player guilty of calling one of his squad a name, not for drop-kicking somebody in the head. And supporting another for deliberately breaking another player's leg. And supporting another for deliberately avoiding a drugs test. Not to mention standing by a player guilty of shagging his brother's wife. So many double standards from Ferguson it is sickening.

This whole situation has got completely out of proportion and is way out of hand.

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
And just to add to the point - how much of a cock does Ferdinand look after refusing to shake Suarez's hand. Two wrongs don't make a right.
This trivial incident has now been blown out of all proportion - but Evra can, of course, do no wrong because he plays for Manchester bloody United
However just by writing this I'm perpetuating the myth that it does matter so that's the last of it from me

Erm, that's a really difficult one but I'll try to answer it.

Mabye, just mabye, because we've all got minds of our own and don't copy every single thing a foreign sportsman says or does :shrug:

Who said anything about you copying anyone? I didn't mention copying, I mentioned the fact that YOU will be ejected for ONE racial comment or shout, and Evra remains unapologetic about making several.
HOW you interpret that as me suggesting you would copy, is anyone's guess. However, I will suggest it now;
If a football player makes racist comments and the club stand by him, pretty soon enough it will be reflected in the stands because some supporters don't have minds of their own and will copy something a foreign sportsman says or does.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Alligator

Could be used as an emergency goalkeeper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here