Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Psycho in BMW (Reg. T1 BUB) @ Withdean After Game - Needs Done For Reckless Driving

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
the guys by the flats should have stopped him there, thats what they are therefore....

I don't think there were any stewards by the flats on this occasion. Usually, yes, but don't recall seeing any by the flats after Saturday's game, which is probably why the BMW was able to coming speeding out into the lane.

jay

Feb 16, 2009
I don't think there were any stewards by the flats on this occasion. Usually, yes, but don't recall seeing any by the flats after Saturday's game, which is probably why the BMW was able to coming speeding out into the lane.

There was definately 2 there... and a supervisor up a little as well.

I just don't think the 2 chaps at the bottom were to blame, okay yeah they should of held the driver, but from your own post in Ask the Club, the driver had already driven into the barrier, so surely its better to just let him go, and let the club/stewards report to the police.

The police don't need an address, they can do it all via the reg number.

Forgot to says.. didn't they have a white van held at the barrier at the time... So they obviously were stopping vehicles.!!

NB: I am not taking sides of the stewards, and everyone has their own opinion of them. (Nor would I like to see them get sack because of it).

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was definately 2 there... and a supervisor up a little as well.

I just don't think the 2 chaps at the bottom were to blame ... (Nor would I like to see them get sack because of it).

I wouldn't want anyone to get the sack either. Far from it. There's no factoring in the actions of a dangerous driver, and there's no reason whatsoever that the stewards should have placed themselves in danger because of it. Oh, and though I may be wrong on this, I'm pretty sure there were not any stewards at the court the car came out of, else it surely wouldn't have been able to just speed out into the lane like that.

Anyways, that's me done. A large number of us were outraged enough by the incident to report it formally, which as somebody else said up top is not usually our style at all. Glad to see it is being taken seriously by the club and hopefully also by the police. Cheers.

jay

Feb 16, 2009
I wouldn't want anyone to get the sack either. Far from it. There's no factoring in the actions of a dangerous driver, and there's no reason whatsoever that the stewards should have placed themselves in danger because of it. Oh, and though I may be wrong on this, I'm pretty sure there were not any stewards at the court the car came out of, else it surely wouldn't have been able to just speed out into the lane like that.

I am sure we can speak to the stewards (Bottom of Tongdean) on saturday and see what they reported.. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't either report it.. They have a duty of care, and this was serious incident which breached the Road Traffic Act.

Also such incident have to be recorded and logged, so again I am sure this would have been done by the stewards.

Anyone who has worked either stewarding or such like would know that you are told to not put yourself in danger..

Police, fire and ambulance workers don't... so why should a steward.

Anyways, that's me done. A large number of us were outraged enough by the incident to report it formally, which as somebody else said up top is not usually our style at all. Glad to see it is being taken seriously by the club and hopefully also by the police. Cheers.

I don't work for the club, but I can see no reason why the club won't take this seriously...

Nobody got hurt thankfully. Maybe the club needs to put another steward to 2 down there, after all there are 4 turning off tongdean at the bottom. Hard for 2 people to man on their own.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
UK courts have now established that it is the law in the country where the computers are being accessed that applies. Hence the poor bloke in Wales who has been extradited to the USA even though he may never have been there. We now have the situation that British subjects who have never left these shores and have comitted no offence under the Crown can now be taken to a foreign republic for trial

Take it from you comments that you are against the principle of extradition in this case. The guy hacked into the US military computers ffs. Now, he may be guilty of theft or, as is alleged, suffering from some form of autism and looking for evidence of UFOs, but surely the US has the right to put him on trial (assuming he will get a fair one).

If you don't agree then I take you would be against any criminal masterminding some crime in this country but not actually setting foot here. For example, say someone organised some terrorist attacks and got dumb foot soldiers to do the dirty work. Don't you think we should have the right to extradite him and charge him here?

jay

Feb 16, 2009
I see insider has answered "The club and Sussex Police are aware, as the incident was reported by stewards, together with the registration number. "

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Take it from you comments that you are against the principle of extradition in this case. The guy hacked into the US military computers ffs. Now, he may be guilty of theft or, as is alleged, suffering from some form of autism and looking for evidence of UFOs, but surely the US has the right to put him on trial (assuming he will get a fair one).

If you don't agree then I take you would be against any criminal masterminding some crime in this country but not actually setting foot here. For example, say someone organised some terrorist attacks and got dumb foot soldiers to do the dirty work. Don't you think we should have the right to extradite him and charge him here?

No I don't, he should be charged wherever the conspiracy took place. Your argument would result, eg, in doctors in NI being extradited to the RoI for procurring abortions on Irish nationals who had crossed the border seeking the terminations. Or how about being extradited to Iran for contacting an Iranian man on line living in that country to persuade him to meet for gay sex. (It's an offence to target an Iranian national in this way).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No I don't, he should be charged wherever the conspiracy took place. Your argument would result, eg, in doctors in NI being extradited to the RoI for procurring abortions on Irish nationals who had crossed the border seeking the terminations. Or how about being extradited to Iran for contacting an Iranian man on line living in that country to persuade him to meet for gay sex. (It's an offence to target an Iranian national in this way).

Not going to argue with your expertise on the latter example but with regard to the NI doctor, he is not committing a crime so long as the termination is carried out in NI (or the rest of the UK).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I did phone the club today regarding this as I just wanted to be sure the incident is being looked into by the club.

Spoke to the operations manager about the incident and the stewarding. He was very helpful and assured me the incident was reported immediately by the stewards in Tongdean La and that the club and Sussex Police are looking into it. :clap:

He also explained that the barrier at the bottom of the Lane was moved hastily as the stewards felt the driver would not have stopped for the barrier anyway. Now I've calmed down I can totally understand that view and so I apologise for criticising the stewards involved when I posted earlier. Apparently there were stewards at the flats where the car came out of but they were unable to stop the car after speaking to the driver.

Seems the stewards did all they could in this case and so fair play to them.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Spoke to the operations manager

If it's a guy called richard that would of been a complete waste of your time, from my previous experience he was very good and talking but no action. Pretty much the same experience that i've received from most of the club, arse from elbow... (disclaimer.- excluding ticket office & club shop who do a FANTASTIC job).

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
No I don't, he should be charged wherever the conspiracy took place. Your argument would result, eg, in doctors in NI being extradited to the RoI for procurring abortions on Irish nationals who had crossed the border seeking the terminations.

There is no Abortion Act 1967 or anything resembling it in NI, leaving the vast majority of women from NI to travel to GB for one - about 2000 travel vs. 80 procuring them legally in NI.

But your point stands if you changed NI to Wales.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There is no Abortion Act 1967 or anything resembling it in NI, leaving the vast majority of women from NI to travel to GB for one - about 2000 travel vs. 80 procuring them legally in NI.

But your point stands if you changed NI to Wales.

How did a thread on an act of reckless and stupid driving get hijacked by a disagreement on the pro's and con's of abortion minutiae?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Father_Ted_001_003_002_001.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here