Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Psycho in BMW (Reg. T1 BUB) @ Withdean After Game - Needs Done For Reckless Driving

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've seen some of the states that turn up at matches and to be honest a bit of a cull would do no harm.

says the bloke who's not even a football fan posting on a Brighton fans forum. If we offend you so much you could always try posting somewhere else.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
says the bloke who's not even a football fan posting on a Brighton fans forum. If we offend you so much you could always try posting somewhere else.

Where this idea that I'm not a fan comes from is a bit puzzling tbh. Just the other week I parted with my hard earned to watch us repeatedly hoof a ball 20 feet in the air against Hartlepool. May not be a die hard loon but then it would be pretty hard to compare with some of the more fervent supporters on here.

I must really get on your nerves to dig that post up from about a week or so ago! Ha! Perhaps one needs to get out a little more?

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
not at all, I'm afraid nibble. I read your post which was just a few before someones this morning. I didn't notice when you posted. I haven't been on here much lately so hadn't realized that you'd taken the plunge and actually started suppreing Brighton.

Good for you and I hope you now find time to contribute to the Albion related threads too now. I think it's wise though what you're doing - staying away from them until you can at least recognize the names of a couple of our players and their positions.

Also, you'll find that once youve been to a few games getting horrendously drunk at footie matches is a bit of a rites of passage. One that you'll take, maybe. Doesn't make us candidates for culling though. And that driver was bloody reckless. I was there and he came close to hurting people many of whom had kids and were stone cold sober.

Still....fair play for finally taking the plunge and watching the Albion

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
not at all, I'm afraid nibble. I read your post which was just a few before someones this morning. I didn't notice when you posted. I haven't been on here much lately so hadn't realized that you'd taken the plunge and actually started suppreing Brighton.

Good for you and I hope you now find time to contribute to the Albion related threads too now. I think it's wise though what you're doing - staying away from them until you can at least recognize the names of a couple of our players and their positions.

Also, you'll find that once youve been to a few games getting horrendously drunk at footie matches is a bit of a rites of passage. One that you'll take, maybe. Doesn't make us candidates for culling though. And that driver was bloody reckless. I was there and he came close to hurting people many of whom had kids and were stone cold sober.

Still....fair play for finally taking the plunge and watching the Albion

Shit off you patronising old twat.

jay

Feb 16, 2009
what exactly is a section 59 ?

Was it 59 or 58.

The understanding I got was he got a section 59. This was placed on both the driver and the car.. If he commits any road traffic act offense in the next 12 months.. His car will be seized.

I think PC BHA will be better to explain (if he is allowed to) to all in here, what exactly the police did.

jay

Feb 16, 2009
So he's basically getting a slap on the wrist, and as long as he doesn't do it again for 12 months he'll be ok.

Thats basically it... but he in now on police radar, so I would presume any kind of traffic violation in the next 12 months would be cause for his Section 59 to be actioned by the Police.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
what exactly is a section 59 ?
Section 59 Police Reform Act 2002 states that -

Where an officer has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle is being used in a manner which contravenes Road Traffic Act Section 3 (Careless Driving) OR Section 34 (Driving elsewhere than on a road) AND also the manner of use of the vehicle is causing or has been causing or is likely to cause, alarm distress or annoyance to members of the public, Section 59 can be used to:-

initially give a written warning (valid for twelve months)
(commonly called a Section 59 Notice)

and on a subsequent occasion to seize the vehicle.
(it will probably end up in the crusher, or may be ransomed back to the owner)

A constable in uniform has the power to order the person driving to stop the vehicle, to seize and remove the vehicle, to enter any premises on which the officer has reasonable grounds for believing the motor vehicle to be and to use reasonable force. Seizure can made only if a warning has been given, or believed to have been given, or if a warning is clearly being ignored.

So, usually it's a two-stage process - a warning or notice first, seizure if you persist or repeat.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I've just discovered whose car it is, it's Jim Gannon's. He was taking time off from managing Stockport to scout us after Dick Knight mentioned that there may have been a managerial vacancy soon after, and to also see how McNulty was doing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here