Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
islamization is definitely been a problem that hasn’t been addressed properly for two decades in England. But unless I’m mistaken I’m still confused what has this attack have to do with Muslims or was the random Muslim who was arrested for some sort of argument with the vigil that has sparked this stupid riots. The sad thing is it’s taken all the focus on why this 17 year old brutally killed so many children.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
islamization is definitely been a problem that hasn’t been addressed properly for two decades in England. But unless I’m mistaken I’m still confused what has this attack have to do with Muslims or was the random Muslim who was arrested for some sort of argument with the vigil that has sparked this stupid riots. The sad thing is it’s taken all the focus on why this 17 year old brutally killed so many children.

You're not mistaken. It had nothing to do with Muslims but online agitators fabricated a story to spread hate and cause unrest.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Typical bloody cancel culture from a lefty, liberal, wokeist Board

I'm just off to Pride and don't expect any trouble at all. Doesn't the people's democratic republic of Brighton and Hove make you proud :thumbsup:
One of the few occasions when I'm not hoping for a humongous thunderstorm - have a great time. :)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
They are intrinsically linked if your opposition to high immigration is because of the strain it pus on services as austerity also put strain on services by not funding them properly.

Your issue can be solved in two ways; 1 less people or 2 more services.

Ideally both please.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ideally both please.

I find it interesting that the immigration debate is so often discussed, yet there never seem to be any optimal numbers suggested for migration or population.

I guess the calculations are complex and involve many factors, one would hope that some government agency somewhere would have such information. Maybe this government will share and use that information to make a sensible decision on immigration rather than weaponising the subject in order to win votes.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
resident experts

Don't agree with what is going on but literally impossible to have a discussion. Bit like religion I guess. Could explain alot of the frustrations alot of the country have (not the extreme right). Who knows
If this happens often on here can you link to a few examples or the last time? There have been a lot of discussions about immigration recently and haven't really noticed. I concede this may be my political bias so would be interesting to see what I have missed.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
resident experts

Don't agree with what is going on but literally impossible to have a discussion. Bit like religion I guess. Could explain alot of the frustrations alot of the country have (not the extreme right). Who knows
do you feel that the far right are being disingenuous with themselves, and therefore find it impossible to convey their feelings to others?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
resident experts

There's discussion on immigration everywhere all the time. In the papers, in parliament, online. The idea that you can't express an opinion is fanciful at best.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
resident experts

There's a perfectly sensible conversation about immigration going on over the last couple of hours or so, on this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here