Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That net migration is at an unusually high level. and has been for several years. Broadly speaking this puts a strain on the infrastructure of the country. And that trend could continue unless addressed.
Does that make me far right or racist ? If not, what then?
Absolutely not because your judgement is not based on a xenophobic racist position, it’s based on economic, pragmatic reasons for maintaining a population number.

1/2 million Brits emigrate each year, I guess if we stop immigration they’ll need to be stopped from leaving, or countries refusing to accept UK immigrants. Maybe they’ll send all our ex-pats back too?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The problem is social media again, where claims of luxury 4* hotels, free housing, and benefits.
A bloke in the QT audience proudly stated he saw immigrants walking up the beach, straight into the Benefits Office. :facepalm:

Somebody has groomed him into really believing this nonsense, to the point of making a complete fool of himself on national tv.

I used the term grooming intentionally.
Define ‘immigrants’ im assuming that you mean those who come here to work on a visa programme or do you mean those that arrive here by boats, lorry’s, plane undercarriage bays or similar, often seek asylum which is their right, they are then entitled to…..(from Gov. Website)

What you'll get​

You can ask for somewhere to live, a cash allowance or both as an asylum seeker.

Housing​

You’ll be given somewhere to live if you need it. This could be in a flat, house, hostel or bed and breakfast.
You cannot choose where you live. It’s unlikely you’ll get to live in London or south-east England.

Cash support​

You’ll usually get £49.18 for each person in your household. This will help you pay for things you need like food, clothing and toiletries.
Your allowance will be loaded onto a debit card (ASPEN card) each week. You’ll be able to use the card to get cash from a cash machine.

If your accommodation provides your meals​

You’ll get £8.86 for each person in your household instead.

If you’ve been refused asylum but you’re still eligible for support​

You’ll be given:
  • somewhere to live
  • £49.18 per person on a payment card for food, clothing and toiletries (or £8.86 per person if your accommodation provides your meals)
You will not be given:
  • the payment card if you do not take the offer of somewhere to live
  • any money

Extra money for mothers and young children​

You’ll get extra money to buy healthy food if you’re pregnant or a mother of a child aged 3 or under. The amount you get will depend on your situation.
Your situationExtra payment per week
Pregnant mother£5.25
Baby under 1 year old£9.50
Child aged 1 to 3£5.25
I think £49 a week is a bit tight

Healthcare​

You may get free National Health Service (NHS) healthcare, such as to see a doctor or get hospital treatment.

You’ll also get:

• free prescriptions for medicine
  • free dental care for your teeth
  • free eyesight tests
  • help paying for glasses

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Absolutely not because your judgement is not based on a xenophobic racist position, it’s based on economic, pragmatic reasons for maintaining a population number.

1/2 million Brits emigrate each year, I guess if we stop immigration they’ll need to be stopped from leaving, or countries refusing to accept UK immigrants. Maybe they’ll send all our ex-pats back too?
It’s the net migration rates that remain unusually high, according to the migration observatory. so that takes into account those who emigrate.

Re your first point. I think there are many many people in this country who hold similar views. Glad to hear you don’t write them off as racist. [That is not an attempt at sarcasm btw, I mean it ).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Please god no!! However, I may be sending my daughter back as she wants to go to university in Brighton. Would that count?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
That net migration is at an unusually high level. and has been for several years. Broadly speaking this puts a strain on the infrastructure of the country. And that trend could continue unless addressed.
Does that make me far right or racist ? If not, what then?
Why blame immigration, then, rather than 15 years of austerity which has resulted in chronic underfunding and erosion of our infrastructure?

As always, the Right look for scapegoats to blame, an easy target. "Let's allow our hospitals, schools and housing to fall into disrepair, and waiting lists to grow, and our roads to be decimated by potholes because councils couldn't afford to repair them due to budget cuts, and then we'll blame all this on immigrants."

Oh, and you claim that net migration (I assume you mean immigration?) has been 'unusually high ... for several years'. So why did these riots not occur in the last 5 or 10 years; why now?

Could it be that the Far Right thugs are unhappy that we now have a Labour Government; they didn't riot against immigration under the Tories, but within a month of a Labour Government being elected, these violent scumbags suddenly take to the streets.

Surely not spontaneous or a coincidence; orchestrated and politically-motivated, I suspect, particularly as Farage keeps popping-up to stir the pot a bit more.

Strange sort of 'patriotism' too - "We love our country so deeply that we're going to smash it up, attack the police and other emergency services, and vandalize whole communities."

If they weren't 'protesting' against immigration, it would be something else these uneducated malcontents and manipulated idiots would be on the rampage over - until the footie seasons starts and they return to the terraces for a pissed-up punch-up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1st post?

Pseuds corner – Racist Edition

Welcome back Looney x

odd first post

You joined 16 months ago, and this is your 1st post

Nice opening post.

Care to run it past us again? This time in English? Thanks.

What a looney post. Interesting 'start' to an NSC career.

Could it be another former poster, reincarnated for another brief moment in the sun?

I did wonder if their indigestible Word Soup was AI generated. Or maybe it was a Far Right sympathizer trying (too hard) to sound intelligent.

Nice ad hom. Ten out of ten, literally.

If none of you fellas are capable of a debate, I’ll leave you to it.

Enjoy the weekend!
I love the way it goes from an attempted Enoch Powell NBC interview to taking your ball home in everyday NSC language.

But if you are going to use his language, try not to use haughty verse too much. Powell was one of the best public speakers of our time, whether you agreed with him or not. His oratory skills were second to none. Your post sounded more like Russell Brand meets Nicholas Ridley.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why blame immigration, then, rather than 15 years of austerity which has resulted in chronic underfunding and erosion of our infrastructure?

As always, the Right look for scapegoats to blame, an easy target. "Let's allow our hospitals, schools and housing to fall into disrepair, and waiting lists to grow, and our roads to be decimated by potholes because councils couldn't afford to repair them due to budget cuts, and then we'll blame all this on immigrants."

Oh, and you claim that net migration (I assume you mean immigration?) has been 'unusually high ... for several years'. So why did these riots not occur in the last 5 or 10 years; why now?

Could it be that the Far Right thugs are unhappy that we now have a Labour Government; they didn't riot against immigration under the Tories, but within a month of a Labour Government being elected, these violent scumbags suddenly take to the streets.

Surely not spontaneous or a coincidence; orchestrated and politically-motivated, I suspect.

Strange sort of 'patriotism' too - "We love our country so deeply that we're going to smash it up, attack the police and other emergency services, and vandalize whole communities."

If they weren't 'protesting' against immigration, it would be something else these uneducated malcontents and manipulated idiots would be on the rampage over - until the footie seasons starts and they return to the terraces for a good ruck.
When is the last time you witnessed a ruck on the terraces? It would seem LBC listeners think this happens every Saturday during the football season also.
It hardly ever kicks off at football apart from a few hold me back moments.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s the net migration rates that remain unusually high, according to the migration observatory. so that takes into account those who emigrate.

Re your first point. I think there are many many people in this country who hold similar views. Glad to hear you don’t write them off as racist. [That is not an attempt at sarcasm btw, I mean it ).
No, there needs to be more honest discourse on immigration as an economic necessity, but also as an impact on infrastructure and services.

That illegal migration is conflated with legal immigration and genuine asylum seeking causes much clouding of the issue because as we can see, the far right just don’t want foreigners and Muslims coming in because of their race and religion. Muslims have been here since the 16th Century.

The honest discussion is that governments haven’t failed to curb immigration numbers, they haven’t wanted to. The Tories ‘stop the boats’ was a ridiculous smoke screen to their actual immigration policy.

Your point about your feeling we have it too high has to take into account Labour demands, healthcare service demands, industry skills vacancies etc. We might not want more immigration, but we want carers, farm pickers, healthcare workers as we like cheaper stuff.

We’re going to need a huge economic transformation to suddenly not require immigration into the workforce.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
All of which is available in France it doesn’t take a genius to work out why the boat people pay thousands to smugglers to get across the channel.
obviously, it's cos they've got family here

I think that @Justice may be referring to the fact that 1.5 Billion people in the world speak English as opposed to the 320 Million who speak French :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No, there needs to be more honest discourse on immigration as an economic necessity, but also as an impact on infrastructure and services.

That illegal migration is conflated with legal immigration and genuine asylum seeking causes much clouding of the issue because as we can see, the far right just don’t want foreigners and Muslims coming in because of their race and religion. Muslims have been here since the 16th Century.

The honest discussion is that governments haven’t failed to curb immigration numbers, they haven’t wanted to. The Tories ‘stop the boats’ was a ridiculous smoke screen to their actual immigration policy.

Your point about your feeling we have it too high has to take into account Labour demands, healthcare service demands, industry skills vacancies etc. We might not want more immigration, but we want carers, farm pickers, healthcare workers as we like cheaper stuff.

We’re going to need a huge economic transformation to suddenly not require immigration into the workforce.

THIS. And a myriad of other reasons, dropping childbirth, aging population etc etc

It's worth remembering that if anyone tells you there is a simple solution, they are lying to you, and that is the exact reason we sadly have this thread :down:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Surely not spontaneous or a coincidence; orchestrated and politically-motivated, I suspect, particularly as Farage keeps popping-up to stir the pot a bit more.

If they weren't 'protesting' against immigration, it would be something else these uneducated malcontents and manipulated idiots would be on the rampage over - until the footie seasons starts and they return to the terraces for a pissed-up punch-up.
Why does it have to be one thing or another?
Austerity negatively impacted society.
Immigration needs to be controlled a lot better.
Both can be true.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why does it have to be one thing or another?
Austerity negatively impacted society.
Immigration needs to be controlled a lot better.
Both can be true.
They are intrinsically linked if your opposition to high immigration is because of the strain it pus on services as austerity also put strain on services by not funding them properly.

Your issue can be solved in two ways; 1 less people or 2 more services.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here