Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Define ‘immigrants’ im assuming that you mean those who come here to work on a visa programme or do you mean those that arrive here by boats, lorry’s, plane undercarriage bays or similar, often seek asylum which is their right, they are then entitled to…..(from Gov. Website)

What you'll get​

You can ask for somewhere to live, a cash allowance or both as an asylum seeker.

Housing​

You’ll be given somewhere to live if you need it. This could be in a flat, house, hostel or bed and breakfast.
You cannot choose where you live. It’s unlikely you’ll get to live in London or south-east England.

Cash support​

You’ll usually get £49.18 for each person in your household. This will help you pay for things you need like food, clothing and toiletries.
Your allowance will be loaded onto a debit card (ASPEN card) each week. You’ll be able to use the card to get cash from a cash machine.

If your accommodation provides your meals​

You’ll get £8.86 for each person in your household instead.

If you’ve been refused asylum but you’re still eligible for support​

You’ll be given:
  • somewhere to live
  • £49.18 per person on a payment card for food, clothing and toiletries (or £8.86 per person if your accommodation provides your meals)
You will not be given:
  • the payment card if you do not take the offer of somewhere to live
  • any money

Extra money for mothers and young children​

You’ll get extra money to buy healthy food if you’re pregnant or a mother of a child aged 3 or under. The amount you get will depend on your situation.
Your situationExtra payment per week
Pregnant mother£5.25
Baby under 1 year old£9.50
Child aged 1 to 3£5.25
I think £49 a week is a bit tight

Healthcare​

You may get free National Health Service (NHS) healthcare, such as to see a doctor or get hospital treatment.

You’ll also get:

• free prescriptions for medicine
  • free dental care for your teeth
  • free eyesight tests
  • help paying for glasses
All very well in principle but do you really think migrants risk everything for £7 a day, to live in a floating barge, two to a room, and old army barracks, and, in reality, negligible health checks?
Even the children had their cartoons painted over in case it looked too welcoming.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
islamization is definitely been a problem that hasn’t been addressed properly for two decades in England. But unless I’m mistaken I’m still confused what has this attack have to do with Muslims or was the random Muslim who was arrested for some sort of argument with the vigil that has sparked this stupid riots. The sad thing is it’s taken all the focus on why this 17 year old brutally killed so many children.

The "random Muslim (carrying a knife) who was arrested" on the night of the vigil that some suggested prompted the riots turned out to be white bloke Jordan Davies.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think for many it’s our Language, some have extended family and regrettably some will have a gang master waiting for their imminent arrival with their slave labour as part of the British dream.
Language is an important reason for asylum-seekers coming to the UK (probably the second most popular reason, after family connections). Asylum-seekers rightly feel that it will be easier to make a new life in a country where they can speak the language. It's the same reason why most British emigrants choose an English-speaking destination when they leave the UK (albeit, obviously, Brits aren't forced to leave for their personal safety, etc).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see 8 “protesters” were nicked in Sunderland. I’m willing to bet none are affected by their alleged concerns, most will be from outside the area, all will have jobs and at least one will also be charged for possession of a class A controlled substance.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
All of which is available in France it doesn’t take a genius to work out why the boat people pay thousands to smugglers to get across the channel.
Because English is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world and there are a number of communities here of different faiths, ethnicities and nationalities to support them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Language is an important reason for asylum-seekers coming to the UK (probably the second most popular reason, after family connections). Asylum-seekers rightly feel that it will be easier to make a new life in a country where they can speak the language. It's the same reason why most British emigrants choose an English-speaking destination when they leave the UK (albeit, obviously, Brits aren't forced to leave for their personal safety, etc).
Rarely do Brits learn the language when they live elsewhere. They are ‘expats’, not immigrant, and the ‘locals’ need their money. They stick to their ‘expat communities’ and often don’t integrate.
A friend of mine, living in Spain, used to get annoyed by their arrogance, not paying local tax because they hadn’t registered themselves.
Many were caught out, once Brexit happened, having to leave their properties and the country.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When did that come in ?
if you say there's a perfectly sensible conversation about immigration, you get arrested and thrown in jail….these days.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
What is the problem and how have you been affected?
Hesitating to write this, being somewhat woke & left wing myself...
But 7.7, the Manchester Arena bombing, Glasgow airport, Lee Rigby, Westminster bridge, London bridge/Borough market, Parsons Green, Westminster car attack, Manchester Victoria attack, London bridge stabbing, Reading stabbings, Hartlepool stabbings & more may not affect us directly but indicate a collective threat now & in the future, that affects us all & are worthy of a conversation.
I'm thoroughly on the side of the police & the government against the scummy mob on the recent riots, to clarify

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Hull, protesters gathered outside a hotel which has been used to house asylum seekers. We’ve seen the crowd throwing concrete bricks and smashing windows with glass bottles, shouting ‘get them out’.”

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hull, protesters gathered outside a hotel which has been used to house asylum seekers. We’ve seen the crowd throwing concrete bricks and smashing windows with glass bottles, shouting ‘get them out’.”
Racist pricks

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A Sunderland priest said yobs tried to smash a gravestone to act as missiles during a night of violence in the city.

The Reverend Jacqui Tyson called it an "act of sacrilege" and "remarkably lacking in common sense".

She said: "They were trying to break up one of the graves in the minster.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have just seen an argument that I had not seen before and I think I need to reconsider my views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here