Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I haven't got a clue what that means.
It's the punchline of an old joke. A Jewish American man has a go at a Chinese American man for the attack on Pearl Harbour, Chinese man says that was the Japanese, Jewish man says, Chinese, Japanese all the same. Chinese man blames the sinking of the Titanic on the Jews, Jewish man says, that was an iceberg.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
'Pubs everywhere, betting shops everywhere, now there's nowhere to go'

I'm IN.

England GIF
That Titanic quote is priceless. You can see why utterly thick people are sucked in by Farage and Co.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That Titanic quote is priceless. You can see why utterly thick people are sucked in by Farage and Co.
The overloading has its basis in that there were not enough lifeboats for everyone, it didn't cause it to sink, but having more passengers and crew than berths in lifeboats made the death toll large. The Titanic should have had more lifeboats, but they thought it was unsinkable, and only the wealthy passengers and the fortunate were saved.
She has got her story muddled up in a way that coincidentally has some parallels with the situation, she is drowning not because there are too many people in the country, but because we had a financial crash, austerity, covid and a self serving Government so not enough cash to save everyone, just bankers, Tory donors and the fortunate.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Burning books now, is it?

“Legitimate concerns” presumably now include the ability of people to read.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
From the Office of National statistics in 2018 (most recent I could find with definitive data). Size of UK households by ethnicity:

Including the 3 categories of 5, 6 and 7 or more. So the blow figures represent percentages by each ethnicity with 5 or more in the household.

White 11.66%
Mixed/multiple 20.96%
Indian 21.96%
Pakistani/Bangladeshi 60.82%
Chinese 15.41%
Black 30.90%
Other 32.78%

Size of household? That's different from number of children.
Big old other section.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Size of household? That's different from number of children.
Big old other section.
I was surprised to learn

• In England and Wales, 30.3% of all live births were to non-UK-born mothers in 2022; an increase from 28.8% in 2021, continuing the long-term trend of the percentage of live births to non-UK-born mothers generally increasing.
  • In 2022, India replaced Romania as the most common country of birth for non-UK-born mothers, and Pakistan as the most common country of birth for non-UK-born fathers.

And the UK’s most popular name for boys in 23 was Muhammad

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s like banging your head on a brick wall.

Mainline BBC News 1pm shows a woman saying she is sick of white working class are sick of being called fascist because they object to “illegal immigrants coming over in boats after leaving safe countries”

Unfortunately the propaganda of the last 14 years has become so ingrained, it’s heartbreaking.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I was surprised to learn

• In England and Wales, 30.3% of all live births were to non-UK-born mothers in 2022; an increase from 28.8% in 2021, continuing the long-term trend of the percentage of live births to non-UK-born mothers generally increasing.
  • In 2022, India replaced Romania as the most common country of birth for non-UK-born mothers, and Pakistan as the most common country of birth for non-UK-born fathers.

Interesting.
Source? Ah yes, I see it is from the Office of National Statistics....
SO.....
What point are you making by introducing the data on this thread?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was surprised to learn

Every Muslim male child has the name Muhammad (or variant spelling) amongst their other names.
The equivalent would be calling every male child John ie Lewis John Dunk or Solomon John March.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It’s like banging your head on a brick wall.

Mainline BBC News 1pm shows a woman saying she is sick of white working class are sick of being called fascist because they object to “illegal immigrants coming over in boats after leaving safe countries”

Unfortunately the propaganda of the last 14 years has become so ingrained, it’s heartbreaking.
Ironic in a way as bbc is very bias against the protests

Suggest get news from elsewhere

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It was very fortunate that the black fella attacked by those morons had the asian guy helping him out before the police arrived on he could have been killed!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

“Bias against the protests”?

And how should they positively report the attacking of hotels and libraries and assaults on the police?

Frankly, calling those acts “protest” is a deranged reach.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
“Bias against the protests”?

And how should they positively report the attacking of hotels and libraries and assaults on the police?

Frankly, calling those acts “protest” is a deranged reach.
How are you settling into your new political position within the loony left?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

You would prefer the BBC to be more “pro-riot”?

It’s an interesting take, I’ll give you that.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It could be timing, but I have not seen either Lib or Tory leader on TV about all this. Farage can't leave it alone. He is loving this unrest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here