Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It happens plenty. Just yesterday I witnessed a white fella threatening to "stab up" a cleaner at Brighton station. The point being is if you are constantly being fed terrifying images of black Africans running amok then that's everytime you see another one it reinforces the stereotype whilst conveniently forgetting everything else. Just look at the mental gymnastics certain people are going through to first blame illegal migrants and then Muslims for the tragedy last week. And it's really easy to fall into that trap, we all do it and I'm as guilty as anyone.
Yes. We have to actively train our minds against prejudice.

Many years ago (I'm 66 now) I found an old notebook from school in which I'd written my solutions to England's problems. 'Forcible repatriation of foreigners' was one of my plans. Crikey. I hadn't realized I was once racist.

The fact is I wrote this when I was about 14, and I never spoke to a black Britain till I was 18 and at uni. I wrote down my plan and five minutes later had forgotten it. Never mentioned it again.

And thought my adolescence and early adulthood I thought of myself as left of centre and open minded. Yet it took Ian Wright and his enthusiastic patriotism for me to accept the idea that a black person could be English. Even then, the idea of letting go the belief that 'English' is an ethnicity was a struggle. Now I think the notion is laughable. I'm 'white English' and happy with that, but I don't feel then need to add anything to 'English', really. The 'white' bit is for form filling.

These days, with most of my headline prejudices long abandoned, I find I don't get triggered every time someone who does nor look like me or sound like me or dress like me does something I dislike.

Perhaps one of the last of my prejudices that I am struggling most to overcome is the one against violent white racist thugs. I am struggling to accept that their culture isn't wrong, its just different. I find it challenging to understand that as members of the 'dominant' ethnic group, they are frightened and threatened by different people, and feel the need to burn them out of their places of worship and business. I am concerned that their culture may swamp the UK, making people feel they can go around attacking anything that looks different. Call this a shameful failing on my part.

I suppose all I can do is accept that violent white racist thugs have a right to exist, and as long as they don't start messing with other people, and practicing their violence and racism on other British citizens, then fine. Live and let live.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People are debating different points of view then along you come and play the man and not the ball. Again.

Final warning then a lengthy ban.
He's not the only one. It was another poster who called Syd 'unhinged'. Seems unfair to just pick on one person with such a threat :shrug:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It looks like arrests have hit >300 mark. In the past sentences for this type of thing used to be fines, suspended or curfew but with >30 coppers injured, a number of these dickheads are going to see custodial sentence. The authorities are going biblical on this.
Truly the bottom of the gene pool …
It would be good if the people behind accounts encouraging this, especially after the first night of trouble, get nicked and jailed.
The Trumpeter Taken Prisoner.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As we appear to like facts this morning, the global birth rate is currently 2.3 per woman, down from over 5 in the early 1960s. Factors influencing this include the reduction in childhood mortality, where mothers do not feel the need to compensate for lost children, the increase in women's autonomy, and improved contraception access and efficacy.

Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/805064/fertility-rate-worldwide/#:~:text=Today, globally, the average woman,the course of their lifetime.
My great grand parents on my Sussex peasant side had ten kids. Four of the five boys died in WW1. My scouse mate Bob the retired social worker came from a family of 6 kids, two of which died in infancy. But I am one of a mere 3. And I have only one biological offspring.

It is a standard thing, as health and wealth increase over the generations, people breed less. This was known at least 50 years ago. It was also touted 50 years ago as the reason the whites would be 'swamped' by aliens if we keep 'letting them in'. All nonsense. Among my peer group I know nobody (of any ethnicity or creed) with more than two kids.

Of course it isn't as simple as this. Some rich people, including white people, seem to like to produce loads of kids. Rod Stewart. Boris Johnson. Jacob Rees-Mogg.

But the exception never 'proves' the rule.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It looks like arrests have hit >300 mark. In the past sentences for this type of thing used to be fines, suspended or curfew but with >30 coppers injured, a number of these dickheads are going to see custodial sentence. The authorities are going biblical on this.
Truly the bottom of the gene pool …
I see much sense in getting these thugs and bullies locked up, they’re a genuine threat.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hit near the mark did it? It’s your average white knuckle dragger whom I’m more concerned about.

as for social media …people read what they want to read and its clear what you want to read.
Did he really write 'gangs of tooled up Africans going at it in a seaside town'?

I don't wish to be given a 'lengthy ban' for 'playing the man' so all I will say is 'crikey'.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah. It's good enough for some people clearly but not others. You do surprise me.
I’m pretty sure most of these involved would have been advocating it for others though so they can’t complain.!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"the Titanic sunk because they let too many on it" "Britain will sink because we let too many in".

No, it sunk because it hit an iceberg!
Iceberg, Rosenberg…..

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here