Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We all know there are absolutely no racists or thugs in the MET, so posting a pic of himself in uniform completely wins the argument.
There are currently just under 1000 Met officers suspended for domestic violence and/or sexual offences. Wayne Couzens also used to guard the Palace of Westminster.

I always cringe when I see Like, repost and follow. That reeks of propaganda to me.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
whereas i'd give you fentanyl , lots of it. what would you DO for her then ...??
assimilate her, you're very keen on a chemical cosh,

maybe you should stop self medicating, it will give you some clarity

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
From the Office of National statistics in 2018 (most recent I could find with definitive data). Size of UK households by ethnicity:

Including the 3 categories of 5, 6 and 7 or more. So the blow figures represent percentages by each ethnicity with 5 or more in the household.

White 11.66%
Mixed/multiple 20.96%
Indian 21.96%
Pakistani/Bangladeshi 60.82%
Chinese 15.41%
Black 30.90%
Other 32.78%

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As I posted before, lies and rumours are the biggest problem. Sir Winston Churchill recognised this in WW2. Morale was vital as we went through tough times.
That’s why he started a good propaganda campaign and condemned gossip, and lies. The enemy tried combatting with their own propaganda, which had worked on their own population.

As Thumper said ‘if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say it at all’

Everyone of us is responsible for building up or tearing down. Don’t spread lies and gossip, check what you read before you post it.

Sunday sermon over :wink:

Or, if you can't check it, post a link to where you got it from and someone else will. Otherwise NSC becomes part of the sharing of unsubstantiated lies being spread around social media that started this whole violence thing. (And that is despite very valiant work from the Owner and the mods).

If you don't want to post a link, for whatever reason, maybe question why you are making the quote.

From an atheist :wink:

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i am talking of my own personal experience mate, day to day life.
But then you are presenting them as representative of a group of people.

Statistics are far more useful for this than your narrow sample size.

Anyway I see someone has done it for you and found that your experience was not representative of wider society.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What labour need to do is address the issues and concerns and take the driving wheel away from the far right.

The far right are feeding off multiple issues, immigration, the perceived threat of islamic terror attacks, high cost of living, lack of affordable housing and getting on the housing ladder and in most of these areas a lack of decent opportunities of work, most of these are connected. I see Labour are trying to get more houses built, got rid of the terrible Rwanda deal, but need to explain a plan to ease peoples perceived fears.

There will always be people you can’t have a decent discussion with, their views are entrenched. However most people are capable of understanding reason, compromise if explained. For far too long governments have not really explained their policies or direction, they label those that question their policies as far right or far left, when most of their followers are actually in the middle.

I would like to see SKS to take a lead, sit down with his colleagues and other departments and come up with a plan that addresses concerns, and make a public address to the nation, not talking down to us or waffle, but firm and fair decisions taking away the far rights flame.

reading that back, I’m talking shite aren’t I, I’m way off the mark.
I’ll get me coat….

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
if she is 59 she will have seen the country of her birth change remarkably in her lifetime .....you think that 5 , 6 , 7 children families is a good thing ???
Things change all the time. If they didn’t the only way you’d be in Australia is if you were born in the outback to an Aboriginal family. And you certainly wouldn’t be posting on the internet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What labour need to do is address the issues and concerns and take the driving wheel away from the far right.

The far right are feeding off multiple issues, immigration, the perceived threat of islamic terror attacks, high cost of living, lack of affordable housing and getting on the housing ladder and in most of these areas a lack of decent opportunities of work, most of these are connected. I see Labour are trying to get more houses built, got rid of the terrible Rwanda deal, but need to explain a plan to ease peoples perceived fears.

There will always be people you can’t have a decent discussion with, their views are entrenched. However most people are capable of understanding reason, compromise if explained. For far too long governments have not really explained their policies or direction, they label those that question their policies as far right or far left, when most of their followers are actually in the middle.

I would like to see SKS to take a lead, sit down with his colleagues and other departments and come up with a plan that addresses concerns, and make a public address to the nation, not talking down to us or waffle, but firm and fair decisions taking away the far rights flame.

I’ll get me coat….
Leave your coat. You aren't far off the mark at all.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Things change all the time. If they didn’t the only way you’d be in Australia is if you were born in the outback to an Aboriginal family. And you certainly wouldn’t be posting on the internet.
ahhh that old chestnut ....touche old boy, touche and you would have to be carling boy not Guinness.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I’ll get me coat….
Not talking shite at all.

'we need x number of immigrants to cover jobs in y and Z sector'

'we are going to help x number of asylum seekers and y number of refugees to in line with our international responsibilities'

Transaprent and backed by data, can't go wrong surely?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
i'm sure the figures you are interested in are available somewhere on line should you be keen to confirm the numbers , in the 70's mates of my dads to pulled dead Vietnamese immigrants up in their fishing nets of the Sussex coast , illegal immigration has been going on for years , but not at the current rate , as far as i'm aware the immigration in the 50's and 60's was legal and accepted by both parties.
Not really for me to look it up when it was you that quoted it as facts. I'm asking you to provide evidence rather than personalised experience extrapolated to make generalised but unsupported statements.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
taking the dog for a walk now .....hope things calm down and no one sets lite to any of the extra dustbins for pride .....bring on the football ffs.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not really for me to look it up when it was you that quoted it as facts. I'm asking you to provide evidence rather than personalised experience extrapolated to make generalised but unsupported statements.
if you want to contradict me , look it up , post it and i'll stand corrected won't i ..? you will have mugged me right off in front of the NSC faithful...:wink:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'll ignore the comment about the number of children, but I'm assuming you think the change is negative? I'd be interested to know which elements of that change you think are problematic.
I think that the change is problematic. We have seen how easy it is to whip up racial hatred and mobilise thugs through social media these days. I believe the problems stem from cultural and religious fault-lines which are hard for some elements of either social group to break down. The majority of Muslims, Christians and secular people here are more than willing to put differences aside and happily co-exist together. The problems arise with the sections of those communities who are either unwilling or unable to do that. Sadly the latter group are easily manipulated by evil people, this has always been the case in every historical period, the tolerance for a minority waxes and wanes dependent on how comfortable we all are and whether we feel secure. @Justice made a point about fear playing a part, that is also a component of integration, understanding can help remove fear, but for those that don't understand, they are prone to fall for the lies put out on Twitter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here