Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince Charles to Marry

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
s.stubbs said:
I heard Charles put the wedding of until She agreed to take it up the tea towel holder

:lolol:

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Gully said:
Jeez, and I thought we could express any views on NSC, I am getting seriously shot down for saying that it is us who are really in the privelaged position, that is free to marry/divorce exactly who we choose.

Charles is free to marry who he chooses, divorce who he chooses. No-one is forcing him to stay in the monarchy. If the whole lot of them were abolished then problem solved.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
More from the BBC, in case anyone cares:

"The ceremony will take place at Windsor Castle and Mrs Parker Bowles will take the title HRH the Duchess of Cornwall.

When the Prince of Wales becomes King, Camilla will not be known as Queen Camilla but as the Princess Consort, Clarence House added."

Good on them I say. Speaking as a firm republican, I care not 1 shit for any constitutional issues it may raise.

Just glad to see 2 people who seem to love each other (despite both looking somewhat equestrian!) announce their happiness to the world.

I knew I would post something vaguely positive one day.

:)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Gully said:
Jeez, and I thought we could express any views on NSC, I am getting seriously shot down for saying that it is us who are really in the privelaged position, that is free to marry/divorce exactly who we choose.

They can do EXACTLY the same-but it would mean giving up all of the trappings of being being national parasites.

Are we not allowed to respond to your views?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes of course you can Bwian, I was expecting some comment, not vitriolic abuse.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I think the real issue here is how quickly they managed to book a church. Two of my friends are getting married in july, and they had to book the church last AUGUST. And that's only their local parish church in Hull.

Why is there one rule for royalty and another for... oh, sorry.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Gully said:
Charles married a woman who he did not love to provide an heir to the throne, I would just wish him every happiness with the woman who he did love but who for constitutional reasons he was unable to marry.

I thought the reason they didn't marry was that when Chazzo was young he was such a dither-pants who couldn't make up his mind that, when he went into the Navy, she gave up in disgust and married Peter (greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his wife for his king) Parker Bowles.

Highfields Seagull said:
I happy enough for them to get married, and wish them well in their future life. However, I don't want to f***ing PAY for the whole lot of them.

You don't.

as to the PoW

The Prince of Wales does not receive any money from the State. Instead, he receives the annual net surplus of the Duchy of Cornwall and uses it to meet the costs of all aspects of his public and private commitments, and those of Prince William and Prince Harry.

The Duchy's name is derived from the Earldom of Cornwall, which Edward III elevated to a duchy in 1337. The Duchy's founding charter included the gift of estates spread throughout England. It also stated that the Duchy should be in the stewardship of the Heir Apparent, to provide the Heir with an income independent of the Sovereign or the State.

After 660 years, the Duchy's land holdings have become more diversified, but the Duchy is still predominantly an agricultural estate. Today, it consists of around 57,000 hectares, mostly in the South of England. It is run on a commercial basis, as prescribed by the parliamentary legislation which governs its activities.

Prince Charles became the 24th Duke of Cornwall on The Queen's accession in 1952. He is in effect a trustee, and is not entitled to the proceeds of disposals of assets. The Prince must pass on the estate intact, so that it continues to provide an income from its assets for future Dukes of Cornwall.

The Duchy's net surplus for the year to 31 March 2002 was £7,827,000. As a Crown body, the Duchy is tax exempt, but The Prince of Wales voluntarily pays income tax (currently at 40%) on his taxable income from it.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Dover said:
Breaking news on the BBC

Prince Charles to marry Camilla

Prince Charles is set to marry Camilla Parker-Bowles, Clarence House has announced.
No date has been released at this stage, but reports have suggested 6 April is one possible date.

I think you have the date wrong. Don't you mean the 1st of April? :eek:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Simster said:
So we effectively pay his tax for him.

So yes. We do.

"I told you this was a good gig-do f*** all, have unimaginable wealth and the great unwashed pay our taxes and pay for our hols. Sorted!"

_40814073_char_cam_2005_reuters.jpg

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Let him marry the woman he loves. He was forced into a marriage he never really wanted, so let him be happy for the rest of his life with someone he trully wants to be with. I'm all for it. Good luck to him.:)

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Haven't read all of the rest of the thread so don't know if this has been mentioned, but will we all get a public holiday?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Simster said:
So we effectively pay his tax for him.

So yes. We do.

No Charles opts to pay tax even though he doesn't have to.

His first wife is also dead (even though they divorced) so he is free to remarry anyway.

The fact that Camilla is a divorcee and Catholic means that somewhere the constitution was changed. His great uncle, the Duke of Windsor had to abdicate to marry a divorcee (he was still single)
Has Blair been bought out? Has the Archbishop of Canterbury taken a back hander?
The public ought to know :lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Gullet said:
Let him marry the woman he loves. He was forced into a marriage he never really wanted, so let him be happy for the rest of his life with someone he trully wants to be with. I'm all for it. Good luck to him.:)

As long as they dont breed.

A jug-eared horse...???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here