Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not sure that a privileged, entitled, pompous and arrogant UK royal going in hard on a lone female whose whole defence is based around her vulnerability is likely to endear him to a New York jury

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not sure that a privileged, entitled, pompous and arrogant UK royal going in hard on a lone female whose whole defence is based around her vulnerability is likely to endear him to a New York jury

But he always seems to come across so well in interviews :wink:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
This all day long, even if Andrew is innocent and been set up, with free holidays by Epstein, thus providing excellent photo opportunities.
The American's will see this as an us v them, the news will ramp this to another level.
He is fecked quite rightly if guilty and even if innocent.

This is his biggest problem. I don’t know if he’s been naive or foolish in his apparent “friendship” with Epstein or whether there was an ulterior motive to this “friendship”.

Whichever is the case is something that will now, in all likelihood, be decided in court. In the meantime however Prince Andrew has been subjected to all sorts of public speculation, name calling and accusations.

The chances of a fair trial for either the defendant or the plaintiff seem very remote.

One thing that surprises me is that I haven’t seen news of any more plaintiffs coming forward when Epstein was running such an organised abuse ring.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Yes, there have been plenty who came forward and accused Epstein and Maxwell of abuse, what I was getting at is that I haven’t seen any come forward and accuse Prince Andrew. Maybe there have and I’ve just missed it.

In most cases I remember where individuals have been accused of abuse, in this country and elsewhere, a number of additional accusers seem to have come forward.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Relinquished his R&A honorary title now. Not a surprise - rumoured in the clubhouse that he looked forward to anything around the 16th or 17th, but he was often bored by 18th.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Yes, there have been plenty who came forward and accused Epstein and Maxwell of abuse, what I was getting at is that I haven’t seen any come forward and accuse Prince Andrew. Maybe there have and I’ve just missed it.

In most cases I remember where individuals have been accused of abuse, in this country and elsewhere, a number of additional accusers seem to have come forward.

There has been nobody else from Epstein's stable of victims who has mentioned Andrew publicly. If there was anybody else then, surely, they would join the civil case? No doubt there's a lot we don't now about this but she is going to need a deal of evidence to make this stick, primarily witnesses who were watching or listening. If she provides evidence of them, at least, meeting on one or more occasions that undermines his defence but doesn't prove abuse, not even on the balance of probabilities. Of course, Maxwell could win the case for her in 5 minutes!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Relinquished his R&A honorary title now. Not a surprise - rumoured in the clubhouse that he looked forward to anything around the 16th or 17th, but he was often bored by 18th.

I guess he'll have to find another bunker to hide in.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-photo-Prince-Andrew-arm-waist.html#comments

Virginia Roberts now 'claims she's LOST notorious photo of Prince Andrew with his arm around her waist' which he says was faked: Royal will now use its disappearance as part of his defense in NYC civil rape suit

Virginia Roberts-Giuffre claims to have misplaced the notorious photo of her and Prince Andrew that she says was taken the night she was first sexually assaulted
The photo shows a smiling Prince Andrew with his arm around Giuffre's waist, and Ghislaine Maxwell standing behind the pair in her London apartment
'The picture is not in Virginia’s possession,' a source close to Giuffre said
The source also argued Giuffre's case against Andrew does not rest on the image
Andrew's legal team has made a bid to get hold of the photo and are said to have lined up a photograph expert to analyze it
The Duke of York's attorneys argue that without the hard copy original, there is no way to prove the image wasn't manipulated
Giuffre has previously said the original may be in storage boxes at her in-laws' home in Sydney, Australia

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
WTF!

Obvious the Queen has told him that he's a car crash waiting to happen and he can pay up now.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Prince Andrew has settled a civil sexual assault case brought against him in the US by Virginia Giuffre, court documents show.

Ms Giuffre had been suing the Duke of York, claiming he sexually assaulted her on three occasions when she was 17, allegations he has repeatedly denied.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ski lodge proceeds have come through quickly then

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Financial terms not disclosed. What a surprise.

What that actually means is that he'd have lost, so the settlement will be eye-watering. Which in turn means that you and I the UK taxpayer will be picking up the tab. Not directly of course, but there will be a massive increase in the sovereign grant over the next few years meaning that whichever senior royal pays the nonce's legal bill, gets it clawed back over time.

WTF. Indeed, Does this mean in effect WE pay up ?
Of course it does. The royal family are completely unaccountable, as we are seeing right now.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Was probably inevitable, but I had hoped she’d rather want to ‘prove the truth’ than just take the money. But suspect she was under IMMENSE pressure to strike a deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here