Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You really don't know that.

Yes we do. He had laid down any reputation he has left so not to cause embarrassment to the Monarch in her final years.

That's what this is all about. I suspect he was quite "happy" to attend court , but the "firm" don't want him in court.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nonce ! bit strong, do you know what a nonce is. Not guilty yet I might add.

A nonce is someone who commits a sexual crime but "especially" with a child but not exclusively.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes we do. He had laid down any reputation he has left so not to cause embarrassment to the Monarch in her final years.

That's what this is all about. I suspect he was quite "happy" to attend court , but the "firm" don't want him in court.
No we don't. Your reply is nothing more than your interpretation of his reasoning. Ten years is a long time, as we've seen with "Queen" Camilla and there is nothing to say that he won't gently be re-introduced back into the fold.

It goes without saying that I hope you're right and we never see him again, but I don't trust any of them. Why should I?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
King Charles will roll him out at some point, hopefully we’ll have at least a decade or so before he returns to his Royal duties.

Like the Duke of Windsor or Sarah Ferguson ?

Nah, he'll be "imprisoned" on some rural retreat which is the Royal Family version of The Phantom Zone.

He will only be freed by an accidental explosion at a nearby Nuclear Power facility. Even then his reign of terror will only involve shaking hands and thinking the world smells of fresh paint.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No we don't. Your reply is nothing more than your interpretation of his reasoning. Ten years is a long time, as we've seen with "Queen" Camilla and there is nothing to say that he won't gently be re-introduced back into the fold.

It goes without saying that I hope you're right and we never see him again, but I don't trust any of them. Why should I?

I'm pretty confident that a member of the Royal Family who settled out of court in a case where he was accused of having sex with a trafficking victim is not going to be shaking hands with Joe Pasquale at any time in my lifetime.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We are truly a country fit for liars.

Another one who thought he was going to be able to lawyer his way out of the web of deceit, he had build around his law breaking.

Absolutely sick of it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Like the Duke of Windsor or Sarah Ferguson ?

Nah, he'll be "imprisoned" on some rural retreat which is the Royal Family version of The Phantom Zone.

He will only be freed by an accidental explosion at a nearby Nuclear Power facility. Even then his reign of terror will only involve shaking hands and thinking the world smells of fresh paint.

I hope he never comes out again, especially to the Pizza Express in Woking as I use that sometimes when at my company HQ.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Is the settlement been made more palatable to the accusers by the fact that they have lost the photograph that Andrew says was doctored and they say is genuine?
This was the one bit of hard evidence to prove they had met but is now unavailable after Andrews people said they wanted to test it for manipulation.
If they thought without it their case against Andrew was substantially weaker they may well have said take what we can get and run

seems a bit of a coincidence that the loss of that photo and the settlement came so close together

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Was probably inevitable, but I had hoped she’d rather want to ‘prove the truth’ than just take the money. But suspect she was under IMMENSE pressure to strike a deal.

Or she was after the money all along. All she had to do was insist on going ahead with the case. According to her she met him in three different countries. There must be dozens of people who could bear witness. I honestly don't know whether he screwed her or not. If she had provided evidence that they had met in three countries as she said then he was toast in a civil court. Instead of that she went for the shakedown.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've made my own mind up, based on the fact he* is paying compensation to the victim.

*the UK taxpayer

Given the might of the throne behind him, IF he was even fractionally innocent he could have dragged it through the courts with the finest lawyers on the planet and paid the others not to work against him . . . Clearly he is a bonafide nonce or he would have cleared his name publicly and regained all his perks.

It's more clearcut that Little Ted being light on his feet and The ginger Prince being Kerry Mayo's illegitimate son

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Or she was after the money all along. All she had to do was insist on going ahead with the case. According to her she met him in three different countries. There must be dozens of people who could bear witness. I honestly don't know whether he screwed her or not. If she had provided evidence that they had met in three countries as she said then he was toast in a civil court. Instead of that she went for the shakedown.

The money is going to charity.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Camilla seemed liked the most unpopular person in this country 25 years ago, we’ll be calling her Queen some time in the near future.

They know that Andrew can turn this round, just like a lot of Tories are convinced that Boris the Liar can win the next general election. It feels wrong that he has paid his way out of this hole without us finding our just what he did.

King Charles will roll him out at some point, hopefully we’ll have at least a decade or so before he returns to his Royal duties.

It doesn't just feel wrong, it is wrong. I, for one, wanted the evidence properly tested in court.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Possibly but, alternatively, she was doing it for "justice" and she wanted her day in court. He also wanted his day in court to prove his innocence. In the end it was just a shakedown and we will never know the truth.

Indeed. For whatever reason he avoided testifying on oath, his guilt will unavoidably be largely presumed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here