Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership beginning to resume normal play

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
MILLLLESSS more exciting than italian stalemates with defensive intelligence.

:lolol:

I think you'll find that Serie A had more goals per game than the Premiership last season.

You are a victim of the brainwashing machine, and for that I offer you my heartfelt sympathies.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The leading teams would object to a "draft" system because it's not in their interests - in the same way that Tories and Labour block proportional representation. It just won't happen.

But if it did - it would not help the English teams in Europe either. So it's a lose/lose option IMHO

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
:lolol:

I think you'll find that Serie A had more goals per game than the Premiership last season.

You are a victim of the brainwashing machine, and for that I offer you my heartfelt sympathies.

Well, I have watched many an Italian game on TV and been bored to tears. Endless passing it around the back, the odd long range shot and constalling whistling followed by 'wooouuhh' everytime another ponce* triple rolls on the floor after being brushed on the arm. Borinnnnnnnnnng.

* I realise at this point that someone is going to mention Drogba :)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It may be exciting Wilko, but its not fair on all those sides that have been shat on by the Premier League big boys.

Maybe all the big sides should be forced to share all their players round, or maybe we should kick all the foreigners out and go back to hooving it forward and running after it.

True, it isn't fair but I am talking from a purely selfish Sky Sports consumer :(

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
another ponce* triple rolls on the floor after being brushed on the arm. Borinnnnnnnnnng.

... and oh so many others.

The thing is you don't have any emotional attachment to those Italian (or Spanish) clubs, that's why you would enjoy the Premiership more. It's every single Rupert Murdoch employee constantly putting in your head that our game is so exciting, while foreign football is dull, that I was picking up on. We hear that over and over again and of course we assume that abroad they have dull 0-0s all the time, when in reality there were more goals per game in all the main European countries except France. germany, Spain and Holland were considerably up on the Prem.

"The Premiership is the best League in the World" is just a mantra that we hear from everyone who has invested heavily in it, and therefore people who need us to believe it. they can't let us notice that the money THEY have put in, have left us with a league where about 70% of teh teams just want to avoid relegation, and have no genuine ambitions beyond that unless a billionaire walks through their door.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Hardly.

There is every chance City make it into the top four with the team and squad they have.

Liverpool looking pretty poor so far. Granted they will be much better with Aquilani in the team but the squad really isn't that good.

Give me some decent odds Liam and I'll have a bet with you.. :blush:

I'll have a bet with you that Liverpool finish in the top 4. Give me some odds.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it's early to say that the Premiership is resuming normal play because of the positions that Spurs and City currently hold.

You'd expect both clubs to fall back in the next few months, Arsenal to tighten up at the back, Liverpool get Aquilani back to replace Xabi Alonso and normal service to resume. That said, both Liverpool and Arsenal are one injury away from a real prospect of missing out on the Champions League.

As far as predictability is concerned, the MOST predictable thing about the Prem is that referees will continue to get big decisions wrong every weekend, week in week out.

TV pundits have been discussing red cards and penalties routinely ever since the slow motion replay was introduced. Absolutely no progress has been made in terms of improving the correctness of decision-making, so now there's not even a debate.

The Prem is SO complacent. Those that run it mistake financial success being proof that it is in good order and well run - it is NOT. The issue of foreign ownership, the "fit and proper" test, the disastrous "Respect" campaign, match timekeeping etc shows that the clubs are being left to their own devices and the the league effectively being unpoliced.

Overall, there is a perception that the Prem isn't fair. Non-Top 4 managers claim, with some credibility, that officials have a Top 4 bias. Officials are plagued by players who cheat, the players hate the fans, the fans feel ripped off.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
still no answer simster, as to whether a london based "real" fan like yourself is going to orient away tomorrow i'd be surprised if you're not , being a"real" fan and all that.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Get in there first and Coin the phrase the Super 6, Sky will love this shit.

Also on another point, why the f*** are commentors this year going way over the top about how many different scorers team have, who gives a flying toss, its only because the only striker they have to big up this year is bent and when he was at spurs they were calling him dog shit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
still no answer simster, as to whether a london based "real" fan like yourself is going to orient away tomorrow i'd be surprised if you're not , being a"real" fan and all that.
I might do, I might not. If not going makes me a non "real" fan in your eyes, I think I can live with that.

The simple fact is that I do already have alternative arrangements. Hasn't Lokki told you that over Reuters? :shrug:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I might do, I might not. If not going makes me a non "real" fan in your eyes, I think I can live with that.

The simple fact is that I do already have alternative arrangements. Hasn't Lokki told you that over Reuters? :shrug:
oh, so the "real" fan who works in london,has made alternative arrangements rather than follow the team in what would be a relatively easy match to get to ? real fan my arse.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Well, I have watched many an Italian game on TV and been bored to tears. Endless passing it around the back, the odd long range shot and constalling whistling followed by 'wooouuhh' everytime another ponce* triple rolls on the floor after being brushed on the arm. Borinnnnnnnnnng.

There are other leagues to watch apart from the Italian one.

Not sure, generally, how number of goals per game equates to an exciting league. If so, the Austrian league would be one of the most exciting in Europe - yesterday we had a 7-1 win, 4-0 win and 2-2 draw from a total of five matches.

But it's not really exciting, in fact it's tinpot.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I'll have a bet with you that Liverpool finish in the top 4. Give me some odds.

If Liverpool finish in the top four I give you a tenner.

If they don't, you give me thirty...

3/1 seems a fair bit of Liverpool failing to finish in top four..

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not sure, generally, how number of goals per game equates to an exciting league. If so, the Austrian league would be one of the most exciting in Europe - yesterday we had a 7-1 win, 4-0 win and 2-2 draw from a total of five matches.

But it's not really exciting, in fact it's tinpot.

Exactly. If you want to watch people scoring every few minutes, you should get yourself to a basketball match.

Loads of goals does not make for a better league - I played in school games with scorelines of 9-7 and 10-4 but the standard wasn't great: in fact, it was terrible.

When you see lots of goals in a league, you know that it's because of one of two reasons. Either the defenders are of poor quality (and I like watching good defenders) or there's a big discrepancy between the top teams and the bottom ones. Or both.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
There's a market on Betfair - Liverpool for a top four finish are 1.42 to back and 1.52 to lay, though there's only buttons on the lay side. Basically about 2-1 on to finish top four.

Betting-wise I'm still not sure that the market has caught up with Man City yet. Don't understand why they are a bigger price than Arsenal or Liverpool, and I don't think the advantage they have of not being in the Champion League has been factored in at all. Man Utd were dreadful on Saturday, a few days after a European game, and it's hardly the first time.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Never ever get evens at a bookie so no point!

I wish Skybet did the bet, but they don't.

Lets leave the bet, and just see what happens then.

But if you think Liverpool won't get top 4, why wouldn't you take that bet up? In your eyes it would be like taking money off me.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
But if you think Liverpool won't get top 4, why wouldn't you take that bet up? In your eyes it would be like taking money off me.

At the same time, If you think I am such an idiot for saying Liverpool won't make top four, surely you would take the odds the bookies give.
The bookies never lose;)

Anyway too late now, the City game will be kicking off soon.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
At the same time, If you think I am such an idiot for saying Liverpool won't make top four, surely you would take the odds the bookies give.
The bookies never lose;)

Anyway too late now, the City game will be kicking off soon.

If you wanted the bookies odds, why didn't you go to the bookies to put it on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here