Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League / Football League attempts to finish the season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nothing more than they could normally, they could choose to invade the pitch at any given time and get a game abandoned, any fans that do this such thing would see their club reprimanded including a potential points deduction that could put them back in trouble. We do however I think have to trust fans to behave, the vast majority are behaving now by social distancing I don't see how some behind closed doors games featuring these teams are going to turn them into complete loons.
Absolutely more than they could do normally !

You said that the behind closed door tournament would be stopped part way through if fans turned up in large numbers.

A great tactical way for them to finish the league at the exact moment their team has crawled out of the relegation zone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Exactly, I like the position we r now. So first round of matchs let's get a big group of bright fans to congregate out side the London stadium. Make us even more safe as west ham get points deduction.
I can also see man u fans hanging outside Anfield to get the season null and void.
I'm up for it. Let's get it abandoned on day 1, fixing the league table as it is now.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The authorities would need to be clear, football will only come back if fans can behave themselves and continue social distancing, if it falls down then the games stop,a carrot of potentially football returning and a stick of it being taken away if fans don't behave (Ireally think given what is going on people should at least be given the oppotuinity to be trustged nad will respect the rules). Any supporters deliberately flouting the rules as you mention should face sanctions, in your scenario the game should be abandoned, the supporters gathering fined as per current protocols and Villa given a points deduction.
No, just no. Teams relegated, not because of FA (PL) rules, but because supporters break the law of the land - no way. And you think that wouldn't compromise the game of football?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I can't see anywhere on this thread about the Liverpool Mayor pissing on their parade...?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No, just no. Teams relegated, not because of FA (PL) rules, but because supporters break the law of the land - no way. And you think that wouldn't compromise the game of football?

it's highly unlikely to happen, it was a hypothetical situation, if a teams fans try to alter the end of the season that is going to happen behind closed doors to the advantage of their team then they should face appropriate action, just like they would if their supporters were to do so in a normal game (which they could alter the end of a game/season by invading the pitch etc). However I think we have to give supporters some trust thet they can behave, and given what's going on away from the game I think they would behave, I am sure the reast of society would judge them very dimly if they couldn't.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
it's highly unlikely to happen, it was a hypothetical situation, if a teams fans try to alter the end of the season that is going to happen behind closed doors to the advantage of their team then they should face appropriate action, just like they would if their supporters were to do so in a normal game (which they could alter the end of a game/season by invading the pitch etc). However I think we have to give supporters some trust thet they can behave, and given what's going on away from the game I think they would behave, I am sure the reast of society would judge them very dimly if they couldn't.

Have you read the BBC article on what the Liverpool Mayor has said ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Rest of the season voided, all teams in promotion places go up, then 6 teams face relegation

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Have you read the BBC article on what the Liverpool Mayor has said ?

Yes, that's his opinion, i disagree with it. He's a bit of an idiot, he asked the police to begin an investigation into the transfer of Ross Barkley from his beloved Everton to Chelsea. I think you have to give the supporters the benefit of the doubt and give them a chance to show they can behave and stick to the rules. Next season will have to start behind closed doors, all these issues will crop up again then even if we scrap the remainder of the current season.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This thread still going?! Hanging on grimly like the Premier League’s hopes of finishing the season. They should just put everyone out of their misery and call it off now.

I totally agree but all the while there's a chance they can keep their snouts in the trough they'll spin it out.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This thread still going?! Hanging on grimly like the Premier League’s hopes of finishing the season. They should just put everyone out of their misery and call it off now.

How about finishing the season behind closed doors with all teams wearing hazmat suits, goggles and respirators? Simple and yet effective. Why is nobody suggesting this?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just received the below on a footy what’s app group, probably BS.

"... Premier league is back in June. I have a lead from someone who works for a sport travel agency that manages logistics for some top teams (spurs, city, wolves, newcastle, rangers to name a few). The company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may.

All premier league teams will play their remaining games at st georges park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live.

The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regulary to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only.

Looks like we are going to have a world cup style June with loads of games to watch."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
The French league has given the title to PSG, relegated the bottom two in Ligue 1, and promoted the top two from Ligue 2. Interesting!

Could have seen that happening here except for the fact viĺla have a game in hand, so not possible. Such a shame in a way as other wise if equal games could give Liverpool title, top two in championship go up, and bottom two in prem go down. No other relegation or promotion in other leagues all tables finish as is. However one massive stumbling block is villa have a game in hand, making it a no go in my opinion.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

"... Premier league is back in June. I have a lead from someone who works for a sport travel agency that manages logistics for some top teams (spurs, city, wolves, newcastle, rangers to name a few). The company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may.

All premier league teams will play their remaining games at st georges park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live.

The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regulary to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only.

Looks like we are going to have a world cup style June with loads of games to watch."

I'm not sure where to start with that, but surely starting in two weeks is the main giveaway it's BS.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Obviously BS. Noone knows what our situation will be in by the end of next week with lockdown let alone by June. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see something like this being given the OK. Doesn't sit right with me

Sounds shit anyway. What would be the bloody point?!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Could have seen that happening here except for the fact viĺla have a game in hand, so not possible. Such a shame in a way as other wise if equal games could give Liverpool title, top two in championship go up, and bottom two in prem go down. No other relegation or promotion in other leagues all tables finish as is. However one massive stumbling block is villa have a game in hand, making it a no go in my opinion.

In France, they worked it out on points/game - it didn't matter much as all teams had played the same games, except PSG (champions by a mile anyway) and Strasbourg (who were in mid table). The EPL could obviously follow the same system, which would still relegate Villa. Or (more likely) they could just decide to relegate no-one. If I understand correctly, it has to be voted on by the 20 EPL clubs anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here