Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 24-26/2/23

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
On to today then and a Spurs win favoured, keeping Chelsea at distance behind us?
Nah, draw or Chelsea win. That way we'll be 7 or 8 points behind spurs with three games in hand and still 1 or 3 points ahead of Chelsea with two games in hand.

Before any DULLARDS mention that i)we have to win those games in hand, ii) we most likely won't and iii) we don't have the squad to mount a top four assault, I am aware of all that but being a football fan is mostly about blind hope and dreaming so I want the hope/dream to last as long as possible.

I have no time for 'realists' during seasons like this one.

Let's be realistic. We're fighting for 6th. We are now 4 points behind Fulham with 3 games in hand and Liverpool just overtook us with signs in last three games they are returning to form.
I'd just love it to finish above Chelsea though!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We’ve finished above them once I believe.

That's what I mean, they always have a buffer from early in the season to get them to lower mid table.
We all know about us until last season! At least we have progressed but they are still doing what they do.i suppose they are consistent.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Palace are always arms length away from a relegation battle, every season since we have been in the Premier league, they just do enough early on to keep them safe.
Except that time they had no win in the first 10 or something ridiculous. And STILL did enough. Buggers.

theboybilly

Except that time they had no win in the first 10 or something ridiculous. And STILL did enough. Buggers.
They do indeed do 'just enough' consider their last 3 home games (2 pts from 9) which in reality should all have been lost as they were playing like a teamout to get a a draw (United and us who were both much the better sides) and yesterday should also have lost if Liverpool's final passes found their mark. Undeserved draws, and an away win at a poor Bournemouth (before they splashed some cash in January) will likely see them stay up again. Palace are just treading water.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Love the way Dazza Ingerland combines supreme self-confidence with very questionable ability. A winning combo. A career in politics beckons. At least that would stop him reffing.
Made me laugh! And that 'winning combo' defines many of the people I've taken a dislike to during my life... especially those in 'Corporate Head Office' 🤦‍♂️

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Take a moment to look at the Chelsea first team and bench today. Absolutely insane.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agree. £500m spent, yet they end up with Loftus-Cheek and Havertz in key roles. Bit Evertonian.
Yep, add Koulibaly to that "spine" and it's not a side that's going to put the fear of God into anyone. They'll probably have a blinder now I've typed that :lolol:

I think @Hugo Rune should join The Shed End in disguise and run that "predict Potter's picks" thing on there. Can't see anyone getting more than five or six per game.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sterling trying to dribble someone, giving the ball away and then making a dive (and a bad one at that) to try to get a penalty... same old.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Chelsea well on top so far. Cant keep up with all of Chelsea players but think Potter has left out a lot of new signings

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Chelsea well on top so far. Cant keep up with all of Chelsea players but think Potter has left out a lot of new signings
Just checked. Only one of new signings. How can you spend all that money and consider only one is needed for such an important game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here