Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 24-26/2/23

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hahaha! Var is completely batty. Never mind what Alan Smith (the idiot) says. Which Brighton player could do that to a Tottenham player? And which of our players could knock an opposition goalie over without so much as a yellow? Football is so corrupt.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Only Big Six teams have their players sent off by VAR but then the ref decides to double check the decision on the screen and rescind it. Insane.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly. Two yellows.
He literally forgot to book him for the challenge - literally got the card straight out to do it. Absolutely PISS poor. Chelsea escape.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He literally forgot to book him for the challenge - literally got the card straight out to do it. Absolutely PISS poor. Chelsea escape.
And booked Havertz in error maybe? Absolutely shambolic.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Potter has got lucky there. Ziyech should have received a yellow for the original challenge and a yellow for the hand in Royal's face.

Shambles, and a huge decision.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
One of the worst thing about it all was that the ref is just walking around the pitch while we wait for him. 4+ minutes of him walking around. It's meant to be entertainment. Hurry up.

Also, Alan Smith needs to stop commentating. It's intolerable.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sorry but that wasn’t a red any day of the week.

No problem with any of that - except why he gave the red so late then went straight to the screen

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
How incredibly shit the refereeing is. VAR no better. Horrific

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And booked Havertz in error maybe? Absolutely shambolic.
Havertz has a nibble but I’m sure Ziyech makes the foul and was gonna get booked.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
MOST IMPORTANT THING HERE - He got the yellow straight out to book Ziyech for the tackle! And forgot to book him - or booked Havertz instead?! So at the very least the raised arm is a second yellow no?!

As usual the comms haven’t even noticed.
He booked Havertz, not Ziyech. Which was correct based on the tackles, the ziyech one wasn’t a yellow but Havertz kicked out with no intention of getting the ball

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I can only think VAR said that it may be a possible red card but Atwell heard 'red card', then was told "No, I said it may be a possible red card, go have a look on the monitor".

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Atwell will be “rested” for a week or so. Not sure who’s got the worse job, Howard Webb or potter.

Our refereeing and VAR are a joke, even when they get to the correct decision.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Potter has got lucky there. Ziyech should have received a yellow for the original challenge and a yellow for the hand in Royal's face.

Shambles, and a huge decision.
Showing a monumental lack of emotional intelligence even picking him. They wanted him out on deadline day so that says they're ready to play without him. Since then, he's starting all the time why fans favourite Mount is on the bench. Nice one Gray-ham.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Lack of quality in the league this year isn't there? So many games I watch are just full of dross. (Last night a particular lowlight)
Every neutral game I watch, I realise how much better we are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here