Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 24-26/2/23

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
One of the worst decisions I've made in a long time watching that dross - what a shambles. Only positive is the result.

Darren's timekeeping called into question again, how he wasn't deemed incompetent and sacked after last week's match beggars belief.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don’t even know where to begin - absolutely shocking from both teams. Palace (2010) drawing their way to safety but showing no ambition at all. Liverpool we’re appalling tonight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Where are the always ultras tonight? Dead as a door nail at Selhurst
Think their atmosphere is amongst the poorest in the league - do like the neutral end at sainsburys tho - full of scousers and empty seats - strange.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I keep thinking Liverpool will start to put a run together….but WOW they are poor.
Fabinho, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Keita…..how do they get a game?! Surely the youngsters must be better than load of absolute crap?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I keep thinking Liverpool will start to put a run together….but WOW they are poor.
Fabinho, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Keita…..how do they get a game?! Surely the youngsters must be better than load of absolute crap?
Midfield rebuild in the summer. Oxlade, Milner, Fabinho, Keita likely off. Gomez or Matip to leave or move down the pecking order with a new CB.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
That was a poor game, baffling decisions from our ref du jour, and all those folks saying Liverpool is going to steam past us in the league, I dunno. They've been awful this season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Disillusioned with Viera?

With Haha leaving in the summer, they’ll lose their sauce of pens.
Nah it’s never been good just a weird media hype about some spotty 12 yr olds with a drum and flags right by the microphone singing wooooah. Last season was the start of pure Albion dominance in this rivalry. It’s been brewing for 10 years and now it’s really showing. I know the extra 10k of their watchers won’t get it, but they’re helping the point I made.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Think their atmosphere is amongst the poorest in the league - do like the neutral end at sainsburys tho - full of scousers and empty seats - strange.
Wouldn't say its one of the worst in the league to be fair - just as bang average as the vast majority of grounds for the majority of games - nothing more, nothing less. Laughable that selhurst ever somehow got special mention as a cauldron of noise.

As for the football on show... finishing below Liverpool on that showing (and so many showings this season) would be disappointing to be honest, but obviously likely to happen over the course of the season sadly what with having 1 or 2 players that make the difference over a season

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wouldn't say its one of the worst in the league to be fair - just as bang average as the vast majority of grounds for the majority of games - nothing more, nothing less. Laughable that selhurst ever somehow got special mention as a cauldron of noise.

As for the football on show... finishing below Liverpool on that showing (and so many showings this season) would be disappointing to be honest, but obviously likely to happen over the course of the season sadly what with having 1 or 2 players that make the difference over a season
Yeh although Palace 2010 were ridiculously cautious and anti football, Liverpool we’re absolutely atrocious. Normally a point against big 6 is a bonus - if Liverpool performed like that at the Amex I’d expect more than the 3-0 we smashed them by. Just feel they have to improve somewhere along the line with the quality they have? TAA woeful again and that Gakpo. The kiddy that scored against us who came on is lower prem at best - their passing was abysmal for a side who won the league a few years back and nearly the champions league last season. 2 east points dropped form the team who haven’t won in 2023 there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nah it’s never been good just a weird media hype about some spotty 12 yr olds with a drum and flags right by the microphone singing wooooah. Last season was the start of pure Albion dominance in this rivalry. It’s been brewing for 10 years and now it’s really showing. I know the extra 10k of their watchers won’t get it, but they’re helping the point I made.
The team couldn’t even beat a transitional Liverpool at home. Albion scored 5 over 2 games.

I never fell for the BBC hyperbole about the fervent atmosphere. It was contrived, like the cringy giant flags at Chelsea and Arsenal. Somewhere like Elland Road or Bramall Lane is on another scale and natural.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here