Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 24-26/2/23

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Seems to be a steady amount of #VieiraOut tweets these days. Frustration growing.
Meh. They should be quite content. They are getting enough points to stay up and keep building, and should be pretty pleased with that. No idea what they're expecting.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I thought that was a very poor quality football match, but I may be stating the obvious. Not a lot of quality out there.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The team couldn’t even beat a transitional Liverpool at home. Albion scored 5 over 2 games.

I never fell for the BBC hyperbole about the fervent atmosphere. It was contrived, like the cringy giant flags at Chelsea and Arsenal. Somewhere like Elland Road or Bramall Lane is on another scale and natural.
Bramall Lane!? I've been there a few times - very quiet! Also always seemed quiet on the telly. Elland Road I'd say definitely the best in the country though imo - especially nowadays

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bramall Lane!? I've been there a few times - very quiet! Also always seemed quiet on the telly. Elland Road I'd say definitely the best in the country though imo - especially nowadays
I must admit I’m thinking of their salad days under Wilder in Championship/EPL.

A northern thing, the roar when they attack, seems something else. Ayresome and Roker spring to mind too, back in the day.

theboybilly

The team couldn’t even beat a transitional Liverpool at home. Albion scored 5 over 2 games.

I never fell for the BBC hyperbole about the fervent atmosphere. It was contrived, like the cringy giant flags at Chelsea and Arsenal. Somewhere like Elland Road or Bramall Lane is on another scale and natural.
A team I've never taken to and one I would normally switch off if they were on telly is Middlesbro - but that atmosphere at the Mike Dean Show in 2016 was the best away atmosphere I've witnessed. It really was electric. It has never been equalled in the PL days for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Are you basing your opinions from TV or actually attending these grounds?

Makes a massive difference.
Visiting. I should’ve mentioned Scotland too, I’ve been to many stadia including Ibrox.

A thing that sticks in the mind is that if we were 5 minutes late, streets away hearing the huge roar as the home team attacked.

Something you just don’t get at Stains or Watford, for example.

In my experience.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never mind your moaning @GT49er - how did Furlong do?😊
Difficult to say - it must be difficult to adjust to playing when nobody runs into spaces or passes to you if you run into a space! The step down from PL2 is a bit of a culture shock!
He did OK - played LWB, tried to keep the game moving forward, wasn't bullied out of anything.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Visiting. I should’ve mentioned Scotland too, I’ve been to many stadia including Ibrox.

A thing that sticks in the mind is that if we were 5 minutes late, streets away hearing the huge roar as the home team attacked.

Something you just don’t get at Stains or Watford, for example.

In my experience.
Can’t say I experienced that at Elland Road or Bramall Lane, bar when the teams came out to their respective anthems.

Derby were the loudest I’ve heard when they beat us in the play offs. Mind you, they did know they were on their way to Wembley for the majority of that game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can’t say I experienced that at Elland Road or Bramall Lane, bar when the teams came out to their respective anthems.

Derby were the loudest I’ve heard when they beat us in the play offs. Mind you, they did know they were on their way to Wembley for the majority of that game.
I’m not knocking us. Many special, noisy occasions at the Amex including this season.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If you ever get the chance go to an old firm game. Celtic v Rangers is an atmosphere unlike anything you will ever experience.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was just the highlights but the Palace game was quite entertaining from the MOTD coverage. Touch of Brightonitis in front of goal for both teams

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Palace are always arms length away from a relegation battle, every season since we have been in the Premier league, they just do enough early on to keep them safe.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
On to today then and a Spurs win favoured, keeping Chelsea at distance behind us?
I think Spurs are out of reach, and it’s more entertaining for me to see Chelsea doing so badly and their scum fans going absolutely mental each time they fail to win. On this basis, come on Tottenham.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think Spurs are out of reach, and it’s more entertaining for me to see Chelsea doing so badly and their scum fans going absolutely mental each time they fail to win. On this basis, come on Tottenham.
This, the Europe dream is just that a dream. Our bench is nowhere near strong enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here