Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19/09 - 21/09

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They beat a very poor Man Utd. That is all.

By spoiling the game. Trouble is we go toe to toe with the top 6 and Pep / Klopp etc all realise we’re top 10 in terms of style, prob top 6 and are complimentary. It’s hard because we play against teams that are willing to play and most of them are slightly better on paper with bigger budgets (yet similar sized clubs and football ethos) like Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool... but then you play against teams lower down who play anti and they spoil the games and nick a goal. It’s hard being a true footballing side and not having teams willing to play the game toe to toe... but I’d rather that then be one of those horrific teams like Palace (formed 2010) or Burnley.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Arsenal ground looking fuller than usual.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You'll need more than that for the Europa League, surely.

One step at a time Edna, Safety first and foremost.
Please excuse the excitement it’s not every season you win at old Trafford ,ummm come to think of it we did last season as well.:O

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sadly Palace routinely get results like this on the road that we can only dream of. They're not particularly good, but they're streetwise and organised, with pace to burn going forward. We don't have that.

It’s quite stunning just how pedestrian we still are as an attacking unit. We have one rapid player, and he’s a right back, other than that Trossard and Maupay are nippy, but that’s it.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
By spoiling the game. Trouble is we go toe to toe with the top 6 and Pep / Klopp etc all realise we’re top 10 in terms of style, prob top 6 and are complimentary. It’s hard because we play against teams that are willing to play and most of them are slightly better on paper with bigger budgets (yet similar sized clubs and football ethos) like Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool... but then you play against teams lower down who play anti and they spoil the games and nick a goal. It’s hard being a true footballing side and not having teams willing to play the game toe to toe... but I’d rather that then be one of those horrific teams like Palace (formed 2010) or Burnley.

Please stop sheebo :D

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And my work here is done :lol: Have a great Sat night everyone :thumbsup: :cheers::cheers:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well it would be churlish to ignore a win at Old Trafford.

It's amazing the lift the whole club seems to have got from the new stand.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It’s quite stunning just how pedestrian we still are as an attacking unit. We have one rapid player, and he’s a right back, other than that Trossard and Maupay are nippy, but that’s it.

March is quick. Certainly much quicker than Trossard. Connolly no slouch either.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They finally got rid of him this month, after he voluntarily agreed to forego £50m in wages due in his contract, for a £9m pay off.

The world HAS gone mad.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What is the new handball rule - I lose track? Only saw one replay of the pen and it looked like right foot was touching line - wasn’t intently watching it tbh as have little interest in a franchise team who have cheated playing in the prem league. Gonna try the arsenal game - already wanting West Ham to lose as they could be down there again...!

I was listening on the radio in the car. Steve McLaren was pulling his hair out - oh wait a minute, he was going mad about it not being a penalty. The trained commentator said if the ball accidentally hits the arm between the bottom of the armpit or the jersey line and the arm is away from the body, it's a penalty. When I got home, Souness was carefully explaining the same thing to Evra, who doesn't seem to know anything, and again confirming it was a penalty under the new rules. Same with the penalty save. Shown again from behind the goal, the keeper had both feet in front of the line when the ball was kicked. I don't watch Man U normally, but turned on when I came home just to watch the fun in the analysis replays. Souness was very calm and clear on both counts. Penalty and a retake both spot on (pardon the pun).

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
That wasn’t anti football, it was well executed football.

The score could easily been higher, as some of your fans have acknowledged.

Best ignore sheebo on nights like this. It’s his inbuilt defence mechanism, it just comes out uncontrollably.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Palace looked class tonight. Ignore the brainwashing, you don't have to have posession and technical footballers to be any good. Man U looked total **** too which helped.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agreed. Certainly takes any glory off winning though - it’s not the same as playing football and winning but if they like lower mid table seasons year in, year out they’ll continue it. Few Palace fans I know have said any points they get just don’t feel right as a) they’ve cheated twice to get there and haven’t done it on merit and b) they play such turgid football they don’t feel like celebrating anymore false success.

Oh do behave. If we'd ever pulled off a result like that at OT we'd be cock-a-hoop on here, regardless of tactics (as would you). We've never managed a result like that, other than perhaps at a flaky Arsenal. VAR apart, they deserved it. And since when would we have turned down lower mid-table ??

I'm as anti-Palace FILTH as the next man. But credit where credits due, they just comfortably humped Man U in their own backyard. We've never managed that in my lifetime.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25

Not bitter at all are you. Two wins at Old Trafford in a row, stuff you could only dream of!punk:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here