Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19/09 - 21/09

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I was listening on the radio in the car. Steve McLaren was pulling his hair island out - oh wait a minute, he was going mad about it not being a penalty. The trained commentator said if the ball accidentally hits the arm between the bottom of the armpit or the jersey line and the arm is away from the body, it's a penalty. When I got home, Souness was carefully explaining the same thing to Evra, who doesn't seem to know anything, and again confirming it was a penalty under the new rules. Same with the penalty save. Shown again from behind the goal, the keeper had both feet in front of the line when the ball was kicked. I don't watch Man U normally, but turned on when I came home just to watch the fun in the analysis replays. Souness was very calm and clear on both counts. Penalty and a retake both spot on (pardon the pun).

Edited for accuracy.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Also known as "Workmanlike "

Ye. I was really surprised when it was revealed that England with Hodgson as coach basically didnt scout Iceland before that beautiful game. Hodgson & Bob Houghton are the grandfathers of Swedens style of football and he should have realised that Iceland coach Lagerbäck knew exactly how to deal with the Hodgson England side... thought it was over for the old man when that happened, but he seems... timeless.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not bitter at all are you. Two wins at Old Trafford in a row, stuff you could only dream of!punk:

Totally agree. Something we have yet to achieve.

I suppose we should point out that before Palace won at Old Trafford last season, their record against United in the Premier League was W0 D4 L16. After 10 seasons without a win, they now have 2 wins over United. The same number we've managed in 3 seasons in the premier league.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ye. I was really surprised when it was revealed that England with Hodgson as coach basically didnt scout Iceland before that beautiful game. Hodgson & Bob Houghton are the grandfathers of Swedens style of football and he should have realised that Iceland coach Lagerbäck knew exactly how to deal with the Hodgson England side... thought it was over for the old man when that happened, but he seems... timeless.

Roy and his No2 Ray Lewington were in Paris that day, where Iceland (who we already knew we'd be facing in R2) were playing out their final group game. Did they go and watch them ? Did they BUFFALO.

Instead, they took a little sightseeing trip down the Sein. Outstanding prep. Thankfully it didn't ma....

Oh.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Anyone who has played the game knows how much it hurts when someone stands on your boot, I know Fernandes is a play acting prat but those do bloody hurt, I’ve had some massive bruises on the top of my foot just from someone slightly stepping on it during a game.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
[emoji38]ol:

Modern players are now finding ways to foul themselves.
I don't know why people are calling him out on something that probably genuinely hurt.

There are players who go down without any contact and fake injury, they are the cheats

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
By spoiling the game. Trouble is we go toe to toe with the top 6 and Pep / Klopp etc all realise we’re top 10 in terms of style, prob top 6 and are complimentary. It’s hard because we play against teams that are willing to play and most of them are slightly better on paper with bigger budgets (yet similar sized clubs and football ethos) like Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool... but then you play against teams lower down who play anti and they spoil the games and nick a goal. It’s hard being a true footballing side and not having teams willing to play the game toe to toe... but I’d rather that then be one of those horrific teams like Palace (formed 2010) or Burnley.

Let's be honest, before last season we were exactly the same pretty much. And last season, despite changing our style and playing how we were, we weren't getting results, so had to go ugly much more towards the end of the season. Take your anti-palace specs off for a minute eh.

Pep and Co love it when the likes of us go toe to toe. We won't win cos their players are superior.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here