Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19/09 - 21/09

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
While Palace deserved to win, the pen was very soft. The retake even softer and how were Palace allowed to change to penalty taker?
Very poor teams on show tonight.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Classic Hodgson/ Palace, I thought. Get ahead on a counter attack or a set piece, then sit back in two banks of four and soak it up, occasionally using the space created as the other side gets desperate to break forward again. They did it to us the Amex and have done it to better teams than United in the past.

Annoying to hear the commentator repeatedly referring to Zaha performing "on his return" to Old Trafford though. He left them bloody years ago and has been back plenty of times: it's not exactly a fairytale story here. Lumbering centre halves like Maguire and Lindelof are the stuff his dreams are made of.

A shit United performance and a textbook efficient Palace one.

Yep agreed - 0 footballing teams playing tonight. Clear.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tickled me earlier when Neville talked about "Palace's blue and white stripes". At least there was one mildly amusing thing about this game.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Amazed when Neville gave them credit tbh. Anti-football, Horrible team. My opinion (and don’t need pundits to influence it like some - not saying you).
They're hardly hughton anti football.

Palace were better than us last season and are sadly way better than us this season .... I wonder how long it will take us to rack up 2 wins !!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So defenders essentially have to defend without using their arms for balance? If you can’t have your arms anywhere but by your side how are you going to be able to defend? If this rule isn’t changed I can see there being absolutely shit tons of penalties this season.

In this situation he’s running back, how are you meant to run without your arms moving in a natural position away from your body? In addition to that the shot was from probably 3 foot away from him.... unbelievable IMO

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Palace were better than us last season and are sadly way better than us this season .... I wonder how long it will take us to rack up 2 wins !!

As a footballing side they’re miles behind us. They may get more points but they’re nowhere near a footballing side. Same as Burnley, Sheff Utd etc. I hated how we tried to spoil games against sides under Hughton and said it then. Spurs away when we lost 1-0 was embarrassing. Teams like Palace do it most weeks and people just focus on the results. Horrendous, dinosaur way to play.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yep agreed - 0 footballing teams playing tonight. Clear.

This from Red Cafe " Day one and it's all gone to shit. We are a million miles away from challenging."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Probably another goalfest coming up at 8.00, my mate is a West Ham fan and he's already given up on this season after last weeks loss

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Wind up merchant

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ollie Out ! .... United fans in meltdown !https://www.redcafe.net/matches/manchester-united-vs-crystal-palace.345/page-88#post-26070161

Enjoy the meltdown everyone !

77370596-AA8C-4883-814D-9848130A8E53.png

Their fans obsess over money. They have the second most expensive squad on the planet, the highest wage bill in the PL. Yet always the fault of owners and Woodward.

How about getting a great coach in and coaching that expensive squad of internationals to success?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Expect Harry Maguire to be charged by the police for lying about being a Premier League superstar.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Yes. A piss poor excuse of a footballer and human being. Now drop your appeal or get back in your f*cking cell!" :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

They should be as well the amount they spend on wages ect.. They are a decent park the bus and counter team to be fair to them though. They know they’re not great in possession so they do what they’re good at.

Wouldn’t swap with them though prefer the road we’re on. We’re proactive they’re reactive.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
While Palace deserved to win, the pen was very soft. The retake even softer and how were Palace allowed to change to penalty taker?
Very poor teams on show tonight.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Why can’t they change? Between penalties the first taker could get injured. The offence was committed by the keeper resulting in the retake. A correct decision. The law has always stated the keeper can not move forward off the line. This has been abused for decades. They have even given them the benefit of only keeping one foot on or above the line.

The penalty should be weighted to the taker, something that has not been the case. Keepers have been yards off the line yet get away with it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Brilliant result and performance from Palace but what was that embarrassing moment from Zaha when Maguire accidentally stroked his face? Shameful.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
They should be as well the amount they spend on wages ect.. They are a decent park the bus and counter team to be fair to them though. They know they’re not great in possession so they do what they’re good at.

Wouldn’t swap with them though prefer the road we’re on. We’re proactive they’re reactive.

Yeah much rather be in our position, I mean a home win against the form team of the restart and an away win against Man U, wouldn’t want that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here