Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19/09 - 21/09

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
VAR claiming more points tonight. 2 very poor scrappy teams.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And I think we can safely say that's the SEGW's £175,000 new contract incoming.

Pretty brave of him to get up and score that goal after being felled by that vicious assault from Maguire only moments previously.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Unfortunately with their 2 results Palace are probably going to be clear of any relegation battle this year.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For any other team, Neville the defensive assassin of a pundit would destroy the defenders. He’s does it brilliantly, with his playing record he knows his onions.

Only now does he kind of criticise Lindehof, but his attack is against the club for not spending this week when Liverpool have.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hate Palace, but you can't call them poor on this performance, pen decision notwithstanding.

Classic Hodgson/ Palace, I thought. Get ahead on a counter attack or a set piece, then sit back in two banks of four and soak it up, occasionally using the space created as the other side gets desperate to break forward again. They did it to us the Amex and have done it to better teams than United in the past.

Annoying to hear the commentator repeatedly referring to Zaha performing "on his return" to Old Trafford though. He left them bloody years ago and has been back plenty of times: it's not exactly a fairytale story here. Lumbering centre halves like Maguire and Lindelof are the stuff his dreams are made of.

A shit United performance and a textbook efficient Palace one.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
VAR claiming more points tonight. 2 very poor scrappy teams.

All VAR did was offer the ref a chance to look at it more closely and apply the correct decision under the rules. I dislike Palace, I hate Man U, their manager, all their fans especially the Brighton dwellers, Gary Neville commentating on their matches. I bloody love VAR.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hate Palace, but you can't call them poor on this performance, pen decision notwithstanding.

Have to give Palace their due they've played with two strong banks of 4 and getting in the way of everything. But the only winners are those who don't have to watch it every week

Amazed when Neville gave them credit tbh. Anti-football, Horrible team. My opinion (and don’t need pundits to influence it like some - not saying you).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All VAR did was offer the ref a chance to look at it more closely and apply the correct decision under the rules. I dislike Palace, I hate Man U, their manager, all their fans especially the Brighton dwellers, Gary Neville commentating on their matches. I bloody love VAR.

But it was subjective and nobody so much as appealed as it clearly wasn’t handball. Plus then the keeper looked like he had 1 foot on line (assume new rule is 2) and it’s a joke. VAR completely ruins the games - you think something’s happened then it’s called back a minute. It’s a joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here