Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 18-19/12/21

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Indeed. 7 other teams also "almost lost" against Newcastle. That's the Premier League.

Manchester City on the other hand... very likely wont "almost lose" to Newcastle (though NUFC have started the game well).

:lolol:

Easier than catching mackerel off Brighton Pier :kiss:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
:lolol:

Easier than catching mackerel off Brighton Pier :kiss:

Sure. And I'll bite again. After all there's a dozen posters (most of those who dont want to drown in negativity and trolling have left) on this board who takes every opportunity in every thread to ridicule the club, what would these people do without me? I'm giving you guys a reason to wake up in the mornings!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sure. And I'll bite again. After all there's a dozen posters (most of those who dont want to drown in negativity and trolling have left) on this board who takes every opportunity in every thread to ridicule the club, what would these people do without me? I'm giving you guys a reason to wake up in the mornings!

That’s very considerate of you

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'd guess because if the commentator calls it wrong it doesn't affect the outcome of the game.

the graphic was pretty clear at an early stage.... refs still make mistakes all the time still even if it is not booking/sending someone off (Shaka should have been booked and would have gone with his second yellow) or when corners are given/not given etc.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Doesn't make it violent conduct. It was a clumsy slide and no more. I would counter your suggestion and say if that was a red card then the game has gone.

The law states endangering an opponent. Biss last year kicking someone in the head wasn't violent.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The law states endangering an opponent. Biss last year kicking someone in the head wasn't violent.

It actually says

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Which part of that do you think a clumsy slide from a goalkeeper causing a collision meets? You seriously think it was a excessive force worthy of a red? It was a coming together - not an inadvertent kick in the head,

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Liverpool defense looks a little bit shaky any time VVD is missing.

Think they'll turn it around and win though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here